ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

looking for house or flat

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

looking for house or flat

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:03 am

hi
I am in dublin already and now I need house or flat for me and for my family around dublin area or inside dublin with 600 ,650 e monthly.if someone helps me I'd very grateful.
Thanks

aalazzani

Re: looking for house or flat

Post by aalazzani » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 am

zaza7625 wrote:hi
I am in dublin already and now I need house or flat for me and for my family around dublin area or inside dublin with 600 ,650 e monthly.if someone helps me I'd very grateful.
Thanks
Best place to look for housing in Dublin is this site www.daft.ie

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 pm

Or this site http://www.myhome.ie/

Dublin is expensive, Portlaois or Waterford are still large towns and cheaper. And not a great distance from Dublin.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:04 am

Because Dublin is very expensive rent wise are there any nearby towns that are at commutable distance by public transport? I will be working in Dublin 1 near Oconnel street. I don’t mind 30-45 minute journey.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Connolly Train station is near O'Connell Street.

Therefore you can look at any house on that train line.

The problem is that all homes in that area are likely to cost 800/month, if you need for a family, at a minimum.
BL

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Connolly Train station is near O'Connell Street.

Therefore you can look at any house on that train line.

The problem is that all homes in that area are likely to cost 800/month, if you need for a family, at a minimum.
Yes in Balbriggan rent is 800/month in addition I will be paying 160/month in train tickets. I think I should stick with Dublin city and find something at walking distance prob Dublin 7/8.
What sort of apartment would you recommend? one in converted old buildings or modern apartment? I don't want to lose any post. Is there anything I should avoid or be careful of?

Thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Post is not safe in any rented accommodation. Can you get essential post sent to you at your work address, as this is likely to be safer? It may depend on your job - some workplaces dislike this, in others it is fine. There is always the risk that post sent to your workplace will be opened by others, but generally they just give it to you once they see it is private not work related.

You won't have children in the local schools, so location of home is not as important to you.

IF you are walking to city centre from either address (Dseven/eight) you will be walking through some 'poor' areas - not advisable if you are well dressed in a suit for work, but fine if you can wear ordinary clothes.
BL

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:36 am

I am not sure if I will be able to use my work address for personal post, I can ask the question tho. Office dress code is formal. Which areas I should avoid in D7/8? Location of house isn’t that important but not very far from office as I have to take my mum to doctors. I hope I will be able to register her with a GP without a PPS number.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I know Dseven betterthan Deight, but I think it is all safe. The problem I see is that if you walk from Dseven/eight to town in a good suit you will be mugged for your wallet/phone. If you do the same walk wearing jeans you will be fine. That is my personal experience anyway - the only time I get mugged around these areas is when I am well dressed.

The GP will not care about the pps number, I think, as they are private and charge a fee, so there is no state involvement.

Your mum should look for a pps number as soon as she arrives to Ireland. You go with her to the pps office, with her passport, your EU passport and your birth cert (to show you are her son) and she applies for the pps number.
BL

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:34 pm

thanks mate. hopefully i ll find something soon