ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being stuck with Tier 4 please help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jordan2311
Newly Registered

Being stuck with Tier 4 please help

Post by jordan2311 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi there,

I am seeking advice on behalf of my girlfriend. Recently (11th Sept 2013) she has arrived to the UK and begin her Pharmacy (OSPAP) course as a Tier 4 student.
Our plan was after she graduated under Tier 4 she would be able to find a job to do 'pre-reg' in the UK. Due to the immigration law tightening, Tier 2 General requires £20,700 to be applied for CoS . But as a pre-reg traineed she would not be able to obtain that amount of salary.
It seems to be a bit ridiculous for her to get stuck in between because for her to be able to practice as a pharmacist, she has to go through a pre-reg training which is impossible to get a visa after graduation. Government still accepting OSPAP students.
It makes it like you come and study pay £10.5k and expenses and get chased to go back home country. The OSPAP without training in the UK become worthless to be honest.

So can I know which visa do you guys apply after Tier 4 Student expires? The job WILL not be over £20,700 per annum.

Back then after my graduation I used Post Study work and switch to Tier 2 General. But right now PSW is closed and the closest option ( I think) is Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Being stuck with Tier 4 please help

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

jordan2311 wrote:Hi there,

I am seeking advice on behalf of my girlfriend. Recently (11th Sept 2013) she has arrived to the UK and begin her Pharmacy (OSPAP) course as a Tier 4 student.
Our plan was after she graduated under Tier 4 she would be able to find a job to do 'pre-reg' in the UK. Due to the immigration law tightening, Tier 2 General requires £20,700 to be applied for CoS . But as a pre-reg traineed she would not be able to obtain that amount of salary.
It seems to be a bit ridiculous for her to get stuck in between because for her to be able to practice as a pharmacist, she has to go through a pre-reg training which is impossible to get a visa after graduation. Government still accepting OSPAP students.
It makes it like you come and study pay £10.5k and expenses and get chased to go back home country. The OSPAP without training in the UK become worthless to be honest.

So can I know which visa do you guys apply after Tier 4 Student expires? The job WILL not be over £20,700 per annum.

Back then after my graduation I used Post Study work and switch to Tier 2 General. But right now PSW is closed and the closest option ( I think) is Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
What advise are you seeking? You clearly know that immigration to the UK has been tighten. So you/your girlfriend need to decide what you want to do after study...if you cannot apply for Tier,Tier 2 or get married then she'll have to return home! There are a lot of people in the same situation.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Being stuck with Tier 4 please help

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

jordan2311 wrote:Hi there,

What advise are you seeking? You clearly know that immigration to the UK has been tighten. So you/your girlfriend need to decide what you want to do after study...if you cannot apply for Tier,Tier 2 or get married then she'll have to return home! There are a lot of people in the same situation.

jordan2311
Newly Registered

Post by jordan2311 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm seeking is there any other way apart from marriage? We are not so ready to get married yet..
How about entrepreneur visa Tier 1 ? Is it possible way out?

She's a student and transfer visa to Tier 1 entrepreneur after graduation. Let's say she has £50k in the bank

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:17 pm

jordan2311 wrote:I'm seeking is there any other way apart from marriage? We are not so ready to get married yet..
How about entrepreneur visa Tier 1 ? Is it possible way out?

She's a student and transfer visa to Tier 1 entrepreneur after graduation. Let's say she has £50k in the bank
Yes she can switch to Tier 1 from Tier 4 within the UK after graduation BUT only if you have specific types of funding. You must have access to £50,000 or more from:

i) one or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA);
ii) one or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed as endorsed on the UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) website; or
iii) one or more UK Government Departments or Devolved Government Departments in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, which is made available by the Department(s) for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.
If she does not have any of the 3 types of funding above then she needs access to 200K and will have to apply from outside the UK.

jordan2311
Newly Registered

Post by jordan2311 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks for your reply

If with Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, does that means she are not allowed to be an employee but have to run her own business?

jordan2311
Newly Registered

Post by jordan2311 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 am

For students who waiting for re-sitting exam, writing up thesis and so on.. What visa do they use now once the Student visa ran out?

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:12 pm

jordan2311 wrote:For students who waiting for re-sitting exam, writing up thesis and so on.. What visa do they use now once the Student visa ran out?
It might be up to the University to issue CAS to cover the period..I never had any re-sit in Uni, so I've no experience in that field :lol:

jordan2311
Newly Registered

Post by jordan2311 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:12 am

Choc-Ice wrote:
jordan2311 wrote:For students who waiting for re-sitting exam, writing up thesis and so on.. What visa do they use now once the Student visa ran out?
It might be up to the University to issue CAS to cover the period..I never had any re-sit in Uni, so I've no experience in that field :lol:
Thanks. I'm just curious, Because I read that Tier 1 can be used for re-sitting exam / writing up thesis.

So how do you do now Choc-Ice? Tier 2 general now?

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:34 pm

jordan2311 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:
Thanks. I'm just curious, Because I read that Tier 1 can be used for re-sitting exam / writing up thesis.

So how do you do now Choc-Ice? Tier 2 general now?
Switched to family route 8)