ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate HSBC statements issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Duplicate HSBC statements issue

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Ok Ok, I know that this topic has been discussed before and there are previous threads(6 to be precise) to confirm this thing, but
1. I am being paranoid and
2. There is some new information with me
so I am creating a new thread to confirm this query:

Situation
1. HSBC policy is not to sign/stamp statements they issue in their branches. (these statements are on official letter head but have a word "duplicate" on them).
2. Postal statements ordered through HSBC customer service also contain "duplicate" word on them.

Question
1. Did any one apply with HSBC UK duplicate bank statements (for maintenance and/or past earnings section) for Tier 1 Visa from India? Are they accepted as valid proof ? (Even if they contain a word "duplicate" on them) ?

Interesting stuff
As every one knows that HSBC staff don't sign/stamp their statements, but I persisted there (for like 1/2 hour) for getting atleast one of the two:
A. Letter that these statements are authentic. (They say that they dont write any open format letters for account statements, because of fraud cases)
B. Stamp and sign on "duplicate" statements (same argument, they dont do this because of fraud cases)
I was more inclined in getting the letter in option A above.

And guess what? The customer service guy sitting there secretly removed a stamp (with branch name and sort code on it) and he signed the duplicate statements. (He said, "I am only doing this bro because u r an Indian, Best of Luck!!")

Now I am in double thoughts, as HSBC doesn't stamp and sign statements, will the above signed statement raise a red flag in ECO's mind? I think I will not submit the stamped version. I will only submit "duplicate" version of statement without sign and stamps.

Summary
In summary, my question is this: Can some one please assure me that "duplicate" bank statements issued by HSBC branches are accepted as vaild proofs in Indian BHC's without requiring sign and stamps?

Any successful applicant's reply will give me a great relief.

Thanks for reading this far!! Any reply will be of great help :)

P.S. Guidance notes have the following paragraph:
206. This evidence must be original, on the offi cial
letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation
and bearing the offi cial stamp of that organisation. It
must have been issued by an authorised offi cial of that
organisation.

prathap
Newly Registered

Post by prathap » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:49 pm

first we need to understand the meaning for duplicate......
duplicate -second one
tripicate means -third one

so no need to take meaning of duplicate in other sense

republique
BANNED

Re: Duplicate HSBC statements issue

Post by republique » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:59 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:Ok Ok, I know that this topic has been discussed before and there are previous threads(6 to be precise) to confirm this thing, but
1. I am being paranoid and
2. There is some new information with me
so I am creating a new thread to confirm this query:

Situation
1. HSBC policy is not to sign/stamp statements they issue in their branches. (these statements are on official letter head but have a word "duplicate" on them).
2. Postal statements ordered through HSBC customer service also contain "duplicate" word on them.

Question
1. Did any one apply with HSBC UK duplicate bank statements (for maintenance and/or past earnings section) for Tier 1 Visa from India? Are they accepted as valid proof ? (Even if they contain a word "duplicate" on them) ?

Interesting stuff
As every one knows that HSBC staff don't sign/stamp their statements, but I persisted there (for like 1/2 hour) for getting atleast one of the two:
A. Letter that these statements are authentic. (They say that they dont write any open format letters for account statements, because of fraud cases)
B. Stamp and sign on "duplicate" statements (same argument, they dont do this because of fraud cases)
I was more inclined in getting the letter in option A above.

And guess what? The customer service guy sitting there secretly removed a stamp (with branch name and sort code on it) and he signed the duplicate statements. (He said, "I am only doing this bro because u r an Indian, Best of Luck!!")

Now I am in double thoughts, as HSBC doesn't stamp and sign statements, will the above signed statement raise a red flag in ECO's mind? I think I will not submit the stamped version. I will only submit "duplicate" version of statement without sign and stamps.

Summary
In summary, my question is this: Can some one please assure me that "duplicate" bank statements issued by HSBC branches are accepted as vaild proofs in Indian BHC's without requiring sign and stamps?

Any successful applicant's reply will give me a great relief.

Thanks for reading this far!! Any reply will be of great help :)

P.S. Guidance notes have the following paragraph:
206. This evidence must be original, on the offi cial
letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation
and bearing the offi cial stamp of that organisation. It
must have been issued by an authorised offi cial of that
organisation.
duplicate postal statements are satisfactory

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:02 pm

No direct answer to the question you asked in your summary section.

I will reiterate what others have said in those 6 threads.

Statements having Duplicate or Copy word imprinted on template (bearing standard logo, address etc) and sent by post are considered original.

You can try what others have done - ask them to send at your post and you do not open the envelope.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:13 am

My two cents :wink:

Duplicate doesn't necessarily / always mean that something is *not original*! In the given context, I believe UKBA means that the document should not be a photocopy, faxed output, scanned document etc. etc.

As long as all other conditions are being met, the word *duplicate* on the page should not have any affect.

My personal opinion.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:29 pm

I am not from India :) but I sent duplicate bank statement from my limited company bank. They had "duplicate" at the top. My application went fine. Duplicate doesn't mean they are not original!

junior

Post by junior » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 pm

Even I browsed through posts from members in the forum telling how they managed to convince the cust advisor at HSBC to sign and stamp the internet print outs.....I don know how that worked for the selected few....there seems to be a little confusion/contradiction in here...

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 am

Thank you all for your replies!! :)

It looks like I have found the solution to this issue. As I previously said,
A. HSBC people were not ready to sign/stamp "Duplicate" statements issued by HSBC branches. (saying its their policy not to sign/stamp)
B. They dont issue open format letters for account statements(e.g. saying that statement is authentic).

And I had managed to get sign and stamp on HSBC "duplicate" statement from one of the branches. I was paranoid that this signed statement could be doubted by ECO (as HSBC doesnt stamp/sign statements) and was more inclined to get a letter.

Update
1. I went to another branch, and the same story repeated. After 5 minutes of persuasion, the HSBC person sitting there got ready to stamp and sign the statement (as usual, removing the "secret" stamp 8) from his desk)

2. He assured me that if Home Office wants to confirm these statements, they could fax these statements to HSBC Branch/Back Office and Back Office would reply to Home Office that these statements are authentic.

3. As the statements have his sign they are completely authentic and they won't be considered as "not genuine". (even though HSBC policy says not to stamp/sign). In summary his sign/stamp is not an issue for me nor for him.

Summary
1. If you have any bank account in UK(especially HSBC), be persistent to get a sign/stamp on your statement (for added authenticity).
2. If statements are issued by UK Banks, and for making application in UK, they don't need sign/stamps, even if they say "duplicate" on it.(as confirmed by goldfish above)
3. I took a sign/stamp on HSBC UK "duplicate" statements, because I need to apply from India and hence wanted to take no chances.

P.S. I also agree that "postal duplicate statements" which have applicant address,account number, etc. are also genuine and acceptable, but they were not useful for me, as they take 5/6 days to arrive at your home address in UK making them useless in India. (because of "7 days rule")

JayTulip
Newly Registered

Duplicate Statements

Post by JayTulip » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 pm

I am applying within the UK for Tier 1 and I am also an HSBC customer.
My funds for maintenance requirement are in my HSBC savings account, which does not normally produce statements. I had HSBC branch print the history of account (since January 2008), on HSBC paper and it says on top Duplicate statement. The account number, sort code and my name are on the printout but my home address is not. As such I am sending the savings account duplicate statement along with the letter from HSBC branch manager and statements of my current HSBC account for the 3 months preceeding my application - as the savings and current account are connected.
I hope this will pass.

Good luck to all.

ktnphgmal
Newly Registered

Post by ktnphgmal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi CoolestGuyC,

My saving account is with HSBC UK as well and unluckily I am out of UK now.

It is just very tight to get bank statements mailed from UK. When they reach my home, they are already older than 7 days.

Could you please let me know did you get the bank statements printed out by visiting the branches by yourself or did you authorise someone to get the bank statements printed out?

Thanks.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:39 pm

I got the statements myself. The authorization is required only if some one else (e.g. friend) is taking your statements on your behalf.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:02 am

CoolestGuyC wrote:I got the statements myself. The authorization is required only if some one else (e.g. friend) is taking your statements on your behalf.
I called up HSBC and they said this. You can always authorise a person to collect on your behalf but only by providing a letter signed by you.

I couldn't send a letter signed and finally I had to ask them to send a covering letter stating that the duplicate attached statement is for this customer residing at XYZ address and is a customer for X yrs and if there is any query contact following number. The letter came in 3 days.

Anyway even if there is a delay of 7 days, apply after that or send the duplicate statement & HSBC letter after you have submitted the application as it takes more than 3-4 weeks to assign a case worker now a days.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:26 am

Thambi wrote: .... as it takes more than 3-4 weeks to assign a case worker now a days.
This generic statement makes me think that you are an in-country applicant! Am I right?

If it takes 3-4 weeks to assign a CW in UK, it doesn't necessarily (or automatically) mean that it will be the same in other countries. e.g.- going by recent posts on the forum, it seems BHC in India has been working quite efficiently with applicants receiving their passports back in 3-4 weeks flat.

regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:20 am

Thambi wrote:Anyway even if there is a delay of 7 days, apply after that or send the duplicate statement & HSBC letter after you have submitted the application as it takes more than 3-4 weeks to assign a case worker now a days.
If you apply with a statement older than 7 days, your application will be refused. (This is true for application made outside uk).
Last edited by CoolestGuyC on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:54 am

CoolestGuyC wrote:
Thambi wrote:Anyway even if there is a delay of 7 days, apply after that or send the duplicate statement & HSBC letter after you have submitted the application as it takes more than 3-4 weeks to assign a case worker now a days.
If you apply with a statement older than 7 days, your application will be refused. (This is true for application made outside uk).
Yes I am In-Country.
I am not sure how true is that, may be more people can confirm the 7 days stuff.

Assuming that is true, is the last transaction date considered or the actual date of the statement printing/creation considered for the 7 days calculation.

Is it true for In-Country too?

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 am

No, for in country applicants, statements should not be more than 1 month old.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:35 am

CoolestGuyC wrote:
No, for in country applicants, statements should not be more than 1 month old.
Great & Thanks.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:44 am

Looks you guys are experienced, so asking a important info even though I have to wait as I have applied already.

I have doubts on my application being successful. The reason is dual salary evidence, I get salary in UK as well as in India. UK salary is not an issue as I have originals but for Indian salary I have an issue as my employer gives only online payslips. Anyone who asked for Indian payslips sign&stamp in UK had issues or people say they were/will be sent offshore immediately so no chance of applying.

I managed to get hold of Original Tax Returns( 12 months in 15 months period) and Bank Statements as proof of salary. As you know Indian Tax returns and net bank salary will not be exactly same (someone said P60 does) I had given my online slips which is a supporting document with a excel sheet expaining how my Tax returns and Net salary in my Indian account match.
Note: Even if they just consider my NET indian salary(Not Gross) I will be eligible for Tier-1 with 75 points.

Has anyone used Indian Tax Returns and Bank statements to apply HSMP or Tier-1 and was successful?

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:46 am

Oops, I shud have not asked this question in this forum. Sorry Guys.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Thambi wrote:Yes I am In-Country.
I am not sure how true is that, may be more people can confirm the 7 days stuff.

Assuming that is true, is the last transaction date considered or the actual date of the statement printing/creation considered for the 7 days calculation.

A word of caution and advice - make sure you have your facts right before you offer suggestions to others. People may get misguided when someone offers inaccurate information convincingly, just as you tried above.

regards

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Thambi wrote:Yes I am In-Country.

A word of caution and advice - make sure you have your facts right before you offer suggestions to others. People may get misguided when someone offers inaccurate information convincingly, just as you tried above.

regards

For in country I am sure as my friend went thru a agent and provided the bank statement after 7 days of application submission.
For outside UK I was not sure about 7 days as mentioned by CoolGuy.

Cheers

pulak_dalela
Newly Registered

Post by pulak_dalela » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

I have same issue. Got the statement printed with duplicate written on it. I am trying to apply for dependent from India, but visa got rejected as case worker is not accepting it.

pulak_dalela
Newly Registered

Post by pulak_dalela » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi,

I have same issue. Got the statement printed with duplicate written on it. I am trying to apply for dependent from India, but visa got rejected as case worker is not accepting it.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I applied for my dependent (wife) and my 2 extension here in UK with those 'Duplicate' keywords written and never had a problem (Mine was HSBC bank)

Param

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:01 pm

params0073 wrote:I applied for my dependent (wife) and my 2 extension here in UK with those 'Duplicate' keywords written and never had a problem (Mine was HSBC bank)

Param
Likewise, I didnt have a problem with duplicate hsbc stmt for the third most recent month when I applied for dependent (child) visa out-of-country application.