ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mispelled last name on confirmation receipt letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greatxander

mispelled last name on confirmation receipt letter

Post by greatxander » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi i received my confirmation on the 9 sept but my last name was mispelled incorrectly, it was written Mr. XXXYX instead of XXXXX. I emailed them already but i didnt get a reply. Should i be concerned about this or is it just a typographical error? should i wait for the certificate to arrive?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Usually the name on the letter will be on the certificate. Its best to get it corrected.

greatxander

Post by greatxander » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:34 pm

its written on my acknowledgement receipt like this;

Mr. XXXYX
Flat xxx Xxxx
SWXX London

no first name just my last name which was mispelled, so i assumed it was typo only.. i emailed them already but no response..

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:04 pm

I assume all approval letter are same. On my letter there are two points written. the second point is

"Please check the details are correct. If the details are incorrect then also you need to attend the ceremony and if the certificate has incorrect details, then to return the certificate to UKBA where they will send a correct one."

Read the letter thoroughly, it should mention the above or similar.

greatxander

Post by greatxander » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:11 pm

on the acknowledgement receipt, there is none indicated to check spellings, just to confirm that they received my documents and the payment.. Prolly I just wait for the approval and see... im afraid that it will be delayed if it will be the case.. I emailed them already...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.