ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings versus income requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Savings versus income requirements

Post by michali » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Can someone tell me, please, if applications based on savings alone are also being held up indefinitely if they are not approved, or if it is just applications based on income? We are considering applying and would hope that our savings would more than meet their requirements but I would hate my husband's passport to be held for months and months unless we cancelled the application and lost the fee. He already has a visitors visa and, if we felt we were not going to be accepted, we would change our plans to relocate and just visit as we have been doing in the past.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:54 pm

I gather this query is different to your 'friends'?

Applications should be assessed in order, it is perhaps feasible that it is easier to assess an application based on savings than one on complicated earnings i.e. Cat A combined with Cat F. However you should expect to wait in line with others. Ensure that you meet the financial requirements, for savings alone, that is substantial.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Thank you for responding. I am confused! I have been trying to find my previous posts that may relate to a "friend". I can only recall one whose situation in totally different to my own. Is there a way to search my previous posts?

My query was really made, not because I want to jump any queue, but because I understand that applications which do not meet the financial income requirements are being held while decisions are made to possibly change the income requirements. (Does not look like that is going to happen though) I just wanted to know if this applies to applications made under the savings requirement. Sorry if I was not clear.