ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:15 pm

@ James Adewale, I read ur message but I think its better and logical to wait till d weeks before u start chasing them with d post I typed earlier bcos it even says c weeks on their website. In other w
ords, 4 weeks is alright 4 u to start chasing them up. Wih u d very best...

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Sorry, I used my phone. Get in touch with d home office with d e.mail I typed in one of my previous post

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi everyone, just a quick question.

I will be asking everyone on the forum but will also be directing the question to those who have experienced the situation e.g @Babz etc.

While you await the EEA2 appeal, then you re-applied.

Were you permitted the right to work on your COA for the new application?

I await your replies thanks.

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks for your message, i have since chased HO Pou up and the lady i spoke to really helped me, she told me that they haveent gotten anything back from the SAT team but asked me for my nbr which she later called me back the same day saying she called the SAT team on my behalf and they faxed HO Pou a copy of my allowed appeal saying they are not challenging it . She then sent my paper work to liverpool .she informed me today that she has been able to get someone on my case and the processing has started today and gave me the name of the case worker,she said thats all she can do for me.Pls with the situation of things now,when do you think i will receive my residence card

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:51 am

@ James Adewale, you've done a good job. Be expecting ur residence card back in 2 to 3 weeks time. My case scenario was that I e.mailed d home office on 4th September, they replied through a posted letter on the 5th of September, my residence card was issued on the 18th of Sept and I received it on the 23rd of September. Good luck bro!

london_via_shanghai
Newly Registered

EEA2 timeline

Post by london_via_shanghai » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks to everyone here for all the great advice so far. Here are the details of my case:

App sent: 28/05/13
Received: 28/05/13
COA received: 31/05/13 (dated 30/05/13)
Passport requested: 15/08/13 (emailed Euro passport returns and also applied through document returns site)
Passport received: 22/08/13
Other docs received (not requested): 21/09/13

A couple of questions:

1. I received all my supporting documents a few days ago. Does this mean that the RC/ISD will follow shortly? My 6 months is only up at the end of November.
2. I had to sign for the supporting docs: does this mean that if I'm not at home to sign for the RC, that it will be sent back to UKBA?

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm

@blesoo100, the lady at HOPOU told me that the team to implement the decision have a protocol of making further checks is that true after appealed allowed and they didnt challange and how long will the further checks take, i need to travel asap

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:29 pm

I suppose they make further check but u need to be positive, calm down and take it easy. I was once in ur shoes, soknow it's always a big nightmare. W II would suggest u send an e.mail to them in two weeks time if u haven't heard from them. Cheers.

pahadia
Ireland

Timeline on Appeal process

Post by pahadia » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 pm

My timeline is
EEA2 form sent: 23 May 2013
COA received: 28 May 2013
Refused with right of appeal: 02-Sep-2013
Appeal : 11-Sep 2013

Does anyone shed a light how many weeks it takes Judge to take decision on appeal ?

Thanks a million for your reply.

diangelo

Re: Timeline on Appeal process

Post by diangelo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:52 pm

pahadia wrote:My timeline is

Does anyone shed a light how many weeks it takes Judge to take decision on appeal ?

The most important is when the case is listed by the tribunal.If you get a letter from the tribunal stating the last date to submit any defense bundle that you still wish to send in,then your determination should follow suit in a week.On the average,it takes roughly 3-4months for the you to get a determination from the tribunal.

diangelo

Post by diangelo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:55 pm

jamesadewale200 wrote:@blesoo100, the lady at HOPOU told me that the team to implement the decision have a protocol of making further checks is that true after appealed allowed and they didnt challange and how long will the further checks take, i need to travel asap
You dont need to be bothered any longer but to ease your doubts,you can write them once a week.You can also write the Public complaints unit and tell them the urgent need for your documents.All in all,you should be looking at the beginning of next month.Good luck

diangelo

Post by diangelo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:57 pm

OlaDPounds wrote:Hi everyone, just a quick question.

I will be asking everyone on the forum but will also be directing the question to those who have experienced the situation e.g @Babz etc.

While you await the EEA2 appeal, then you re-applied.

Were you permitted the right to work on your COA for the new application?

I await your replies thanks.
As long as you have appealed,all conditions remain the same pending the outcome of the appeal.If you have made a new application as well,it does not change the fact that you cant work and if your old COA states that you can work,you need not bother.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks diangelo. We have already bundled all the required documents with the appeal and for some reason though its going to be quick (I must have been smoking something :)...

I have read people send reconsideration application. I am not sure exactly what is it ? I thought after refusal, appeal is the only way or apply for fresh application. Does "Reconsideration" means write to UKBA with updated documentation ? Would they reconsider ?

diangelo wrote:

The most important is when the case is listed by the tribunal.If you get a letter from the tribunal stating the last date to submit any defense bundle that you still wish to send in,then your determination should follow suit in a week.On the average,it takes roughly 3-4months for the you to get a determination from the tribunal.

diangelo

Post by diangelo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:03 pm

pahadia wrote:Thanks diangelo. We have already bundled all the required documents with the appeal and for some reason though its going to be quick (I must have been smoking something :)...

I have read people send reconsideration application. I am not sure exactly what is it ? I thought after refusal, appeal is the only way or apply for fresh application. Does "Reconsideration" means write to UKBA with updated documentation ? Would they reconsider ?

Reconsideration can be considered if the caseworker decides that there was an error in refusal.Fresh evidence or documents are not considered except if they are needed to support reasons for refusal.You can appeal,send a reconsideration request and file a new application.Make sure the reconsideration is addressed to the caseworker.You will find the case team ID at the refusal letter.

diangelo wrote:

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 pm

I just got a response from someone from ukba,pls find what was sent to me. I have checked our database and can confirm that a decision has been made on your application.  It is just awaiting dispatch from our offices in Liverpool and should be with you shortly.  If you have not heard anything by Monday, please feel free to contact me again.
 please what does this mean after an allowed appeal

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm

jamesadewale200 wrote:I just got a response from someone from ukba,pls find what was sent to me. I have checked our database and can confirm that a decision has been made on your application.  It is just awaiting dispatch from our offices in Liverpool and should be with you shortly.  If you have not heard anything by Monday, please feel free to contact me again.
 please what does this mean after an allowed appeal
I guess your RC has been issued....

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 am

Babz, pls when do you think I will receive it since he said it is with the despatch team.

Choi Saab

Post by Choi Saab » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi all,
I've got my EEA2 refused after 10months of submission and I have a right of appeal.

Reason for refusal is lack of evidence of current employment. When I submitted in Dec'12 I provided with 10 wage slips up to Oct'12 and a letter from the employer confirming her permanent job. I also notified that my EU partner will be goin on maternity leave soon.

Now after 10 months they refused on the basis that I failed to prove her employment after Oct'12 even though I wrote three letters telling them she's on maternity and if they need further evidence then ask me.

Now I'm considering a request of reconsideration as well as an appeal.

Is paper appeal more successful or oral hearing ?
If the caseworker reconsiders and issues RC then how to withdraw appeal and would they refund appeal fee?

Thanks in advance
EEA2 sent : 5-12-2012
COA w/right to work received : 2-01-2013
Refused w/right of appeal : 01-10-13
Parliamentary ombudsman got involved, asked for a review : Nov'13
RC received Dec'13

Quame
Newly Registered

Post by Quame » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Anyone recently done Papar based appeals? How fast is it?
After posting the appeal, how long does it take to hear from them to request for more documents if needed?
When do they take the fees? A week after posting?

Cheers.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:18 am

Quame wrote:Anyone recently done Papar based appeals? How fast is it?
After posting the appeal, how long does it take to hear from them to request for more documents if needed?

Cheers.
Quame,
Can you tell us more about the situation? Paper based appeal is easy and straight-forward. Is goes through the system and I can say the fastest will be 2.5 months till decision is made. They never request for more documents, it is your responsibility to state what extra documents you have to support your appeal and also ensure you have a copy of everything sent. Most importantly any docs to HO must be registered and signed for(trackable). Wish you the best

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:22 am

Choi Saab wrote:Hi all,
I've got my EEA2 refused after 10months of submission and I have a right of appeal.

Reason for refusal is lack of evidence of current employment. When I submitted in Dec'12 I provided with 10 wage slips up to Oct'12 and a letter from the employer confirming her permanent job. I also notified that my EU partner will be goin on maternity leave soon.

Now after 10 months they refused on the basis that I failed to prove her employment after Oct'12 even though I wrote three letters telling them she's on maternity and if they need further evidence then ask me.

Now I'm considering a request of reconsideration as well as an appeal.
Is paper appeal more successful or oral hearing ?
If the caseworker reconsiders and issues RC then how to withdraw appeal and would they refund appeal fee?

Thanks in advance
As you can see there is a lot of confused and inexperienced case workers. I will advice you do paper appeal unless you can afford a sound solicitor that will defend your case at oral hearing. In every situation try as much as possible to avoid oral cos they could ask questions you can not answer and use that as basis for denial.
Reconsideration does not affect re-application I suppose.

Quame
Newly Registered

Post by Quame » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Davmck70 wrote:
Quame wrote:Anyone recently done Papar based appeals? How fast is it?

Cheers.
Quame,
Can you tell us more about the situation? Paper based appeal is easy and straight-forward. Is goes through the system and I can say the fastest will be 2.5 months till decision is made. They never request for more documents, it is your responsibility to state what extra documents you have to support your appeal and also ensure you have a copy of everything sent. Most importantly any docs to HO must be registered and signed for(trackable). Wish you the best
Thanks Dav!

We've actually posted the paper appeal. I believe you replied in the other post i made as well? We're yet to hear back from them though as to the date a decision would be made. I believe they would give us a window to submit all docs if necessary as we indicated that more docs would be provided by us.

It is sad some of these caseworkers are complete noobs and they can elect to frustrate folks if care is not taken. We would furnish the tribunal with all appropriate docs.

Thanks.

A_D21
Newly Registered

Self employed

Post by A_D21 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi,

My hearing will be next week. My wife is self employed . I was wondering which documents should we submit to have a strong case?

She doesn't have business bankaccount nor does she have any ad.

Thanks in advance.

A_D21
Newly Registered

Oral hearing

Post by A_D21 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi

Nobody replied to my question. Any advice which evidence I should submit for my wife's self employment?

Tnx

Quame
Newly Registered

Re: Oral hearing

Post by Quame » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:18 pm

A_D21 wrote:Hi

Nobody replied to my question. Any advice which evidence I should submit for my wife's self employment?

Tnx
I read somewhere that said you'll need an accountant's letter, bank statement, invoices and probably a letter from the DWP?

I am not quite sure, maybe the gurus here or someone with experience would be able to help u on that.