ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved @ Solihull 16/09

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR Approved @ Solihull 16/09

Post by leicester_boy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi All,

Just to let you know I was granted ILR yesterday @ Solihull PEO. I was under the Tier 1 (General) 5 year route. Big thanks to all the experts and other members in this forum who shared their invaluable experience and thoughts.

I keep telling my friends and relatives to ditch the so called ‘solicitors’ (who are themselves so confused about the rules) and join this forum to get the right advise.

I submitted the following documents:

• Completed Set O form
• Tier1 Points Scoring Assessment & Personal Covering Letter
• Payslips and Bank Statements (Last 12 months)
• Life in UK Test pass notification letter for self and spouse
• P60 certificates of last 5 years and NI contribution letter from HMRC
• Cohab Docs (Loads of them, from nearly seven different sources) – Caseworker only probably looked at two of these.
• Reference letter from employer confirming salary and employment dates

I did not submit any UK absences letter as I was away for only 3 months in the 5 year period.

It took us 2.5 hours for the biometrics to be enrolled (quite busy in the morning) and then less than 2.5 hours for the decision to be arrived at.

Not sure if I have covered everything. Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks again..

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Congrars.plz advice
i have no clue what reason should i mention in the Absences section while filling in ILR pplication form.In the 5 years i was out of UK for 160 days at a stretch for personal reasons.
Plz advice.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm

thanks..

I mentioned reasons like - 'Visting Family', 'Writing Exams', 'Visiting family member who was ill' etc..

I think you should be fine. 160 days is less than 6 months any way. If your employer gives you a letter then take it, otherwise dont worry much.

Regards,
----------------------

Congrars.plz advice
i have no clue what reason should i mention in the Absences section while filling in ILR pplication form.In the 5 years i was out of UK for 160 days at a stretch for personal reasons.
Plz advice.[/quote]
Last edited by leicester_boy on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanx for the quick reply,I m on tier1 general so
No employer for that period.
Thanks again

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 pm

hi , i was there as well in the same day and i was granted ILR :D i loved the experience and i completely agree with you about the solicitors :D

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:42 pm

hi ya,

Congratulations to you..Were you with your family by any chance? :D
---------------

hi , i was there as well in the same day and i was granted ILR :D i loved the experience and i completely agree with you about the solicitors

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm

leicester_boy wrote:hi ya,

Congratulations to you..Were you with your family by any chance? :D
---------------

hi , i was there as well in the same day and i was granted ILR :D i loved the experience and i completely agree with you about the solicitors
hi , no i was alone there :D actually have you received your biometric card yet ??

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:24 pm

ok cool. yes received BRP just today in the afternoon. that was quick! did you receive your's?
------------------

hi , no i was alone there :D actually have you received your biometric card yet ??

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:26 pm

leicester_boy wrote:ok cool. yes received BRP just today in the afternoon. that was quick! did you receive your's?
------------------

Yes , i recived it today as well congrats to us :D

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:05 pm

yep, congratulations and enjoy the freedom! :D
------------------

hi , no i was alone there :D actually have you received your biometric card yet ??[/quote]

Yes , i recived it today as well congrats to us :D[/quote]

autocrazy

Re: ILR Approved @ Solihull 16/09

Post by autocrazy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:23 am

leicester_boy wrote:Hi All,

Just to let you know I was granted ILR yesterday @ Solihull PEO. I was under the Tier 1 (General) 5 year route. Big thanks to all the experts and other members in this forum who shared their invaluable experience and thoughts.

I keep telling my friends and relatives to ditch the so called ‘solicitors’ (who are themselves so confused about the rules) and join this forum to get the right advise.

I submitted the following documents:

• Completed Set O form
• Tier1 Points Scoring Assessment & Personal Covering Letter
• Payslips and Bank Statements (Last 12 months)
• Life in UK Test pass notification letter for self and spouse
• P60 certificates of last 5 years and NI contribution letter from HMRC
• Cohab Docs (Loads of them, from nearly seven different sources) – Caseworker only probably looked at two of these.
• Reference letter from employer confirming salary and employment dates

I did not submit any UK absences letter as I was away for only 3 months in the 5 year period.

It took us 2.5 hours for the biometrics to be enrolled (quite busy in the morning) and then less than 2.5 hours for the decision to be arrived at.

Not sure if I have covered everything. Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks again..
Hi, I have asked this query elsewhere, but thought no harm to ask another ILR successful person to help:

Does one need to provide latest bank and pay slips (no older than one calender month)? I ask because my appointment is on Oct 4th and my Sep bank statements will not have arrived in post by then. For this reason I am submitting Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 pay slips and bank statements. The Set(O) guidance mentions you need latest statements and pay slips, but did not know if it applies to Tier 1 General applicants or this rule is for Tier 2 applicants only

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:24 am

hi,

Yes, ideally you need the bank statements and the pay slip to be less than 1 month old if you want to claim points for them. You can always go to the bank 2 days before your PEO appointment and ask them for a latest statement and get it stamped by them.

Alternatively, you can claim points for the period Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 as you have mentioned. You can select any 12 months consecutive period out of the last 15.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
-----------------

Hi, I have asked this query elsewhere, but thought no harm to ask another ILR successful person to help:

Does one need to provide latest bank and pay slips (no older than one calender month)? I ask because my appointment is on Oct 4th and my Sep bank statements will not have arrived in post by then. For this reason I am submitting Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 pay slips and bank statements. The Set(O) guidance mentions you need latest statements and pay slips, but did not know if it applies to Tier 1 General applicants or this rule is for Tier 2 applicants only[/quote]

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 am

Hi Leicester_boy

Congrats on your ILR. Could you advise how you were able to book the appointment. I have made several attempts to book an appointment via the HO website but no success.

What is the cost for you and your spouse on the same day appointment service?

How were you able to get an NI contribution letter from HMRC? I am on the old work permit route not point based.

Thanks

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 pm

thanks..I booked the PEO appointment through the Home Office web site. Click on this link: https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal

Click on My account - Log in / Register (on the top right hand corner of the page)

You can book an appointment only 42 days before the actual date. It wont let you book anything beyond 42 days.

The cost varies on the number of dependents applying with you. Check out the Set (O) form and look up page no 2 for the costs.

I will check the number to obtain NI contribution letter and come back to you shortly.

Regards..

-----------------------------
Congrats on your ILR. Could you advise how you were able to book the appointment. I have made several attempts to book an appointment via the HO website but no success.

What is the cost for you and your spouse on the same day appointment service?

How were you able to get an NI contribution letter from HMRC? I am on the old work permit route not point based.

Thanks[/quote]

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:03 am

Leicester_boy Hi,

Thanks for the response , managed to set up an account. Didnt realise one could not book an appointment before 42days. That is helpful.

Managed to obtain information of NI contributions via 0300 200 3500. For any one who wishes to obtain this information.

For now i can relax until November 2013. Life in the UK completed in 2010. I am sure it is still valid!

Regards.

chandra33
Newly Registered

Post by chandra33 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Leicester_boy congrats! could you pls tell me what was the procedure at Solihull. Did you get to meet a cw etc? were u asked any questions?

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:22 pm

hi nanmoom,

Yes you have got the right number. If I remember correctly when I rang that number I was asked to send in a written request to the following address:

HMRC

Records Retrieval Service

BP8003

Long Benton

Newcastle Upon Tyne

NE98 1ZZ

Good luck with your application!

Regards

----------------------
Leicester_boy Hi,

Thanks for the response , managed to set up an account. Didnt realise one could not book an appointment before 42days. That is helpful.

Managed to obtain information of NI contributions via 0300 200 3500. For any one who wishes to obtain this information.

For now i can relax until November 2013. Life in the UK completed in 2010. I am sure it is still valid!

Regards.[/quote]

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm

thanks chandra33!

The procedure is: Once you enter the building they will give you a token number (always keep it safe till the result is declared). Your token number will be called and you will be asked to hand over all the documents to a staff member (who is not the case worker). They will check you have filled in the right form and take any o/s payments. Once this is done you will have to go for your biometrics. After the biometrics is done they will give you a time to return to the building. This is usually 2.5 to 3 hrs. You are free to leave the building and return later.

You do not meet the caseworker at all. They will take your mobile number down and ring you if they have any questions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-------------------
Leicester_boy congrats! could you pls tell me what was the procedure at Solihull. Did you get to meet a cw etc? were u asked any questions?[/quote]