ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Sheffield ILR Set(M) Experience 16/09/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harry205
Newly Registered

PEO Sheffield ILR Set(M) Experience 16/09/2013

Post by Harry205 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi all,

I am sharing my journey towards Form AN, It's long but informative.

FLR(M) in July 2011:

Applied at PEO Liverpool premium appointment in 2011, decision delayed due to further enquiries. Received Spouse visa after 3 months.

My Advise: Try PEO Sheffield or Solihull instead.

Settlement Checking Service (Sept 2013):

I didn't want to see a solicitor as I'm confident my case is straight forward so went to SCS. SCS is worth it as they organize the Set(M) form and documents in order. This is where you realize whether all documents are in order as required by UKBA. SCS official will usually crosscheck with a caseworker and get an advice if anything is missing in the ILR file.

My Advise: Book SCS appointment 2 weeks prior to the actual PEO appointment just in case if you find some documents missing you always have time to apply for the duplicates.

PEO appointment Sheffield on 16/09/13:

My appointment was at 10:10AM and I was at the secured entrance at 9:50AM. Gone through the airport style security check and collected a token from the reception desk at 10AM.

10:10: Token was called where a lady (not case worker) has gone through application form and documents and advised she needs the PP photo's taken within a month. So, I had to go to nearby Tesco express and get change for a fiver and get the photos at PEO.

10:35: Submitted the photos at reception and paid the fees straightaway at the next counter using debit card.

11:00: Number was called for Biometrics. At the biometrics, I was advised to wait till the case worker picks my case up and calls my number.

12:05: Receptionist advised me that the case worker has just picked my case and told us we can have lunch break and to be back in 45 or 60 minutes.

12:50: Returned to PEO

13:05: Case worker who is a slim, straight to the point lady called my number and queried about the different address in the P60 of the previous year. I explained the reason and she said she will be back in 10 minutes with a decision.

13:20: Case worker is back with all my documents and advised me that I'll get a card in 7 days. Just out of stupid curiosity I asked her have I been approved ILR to which she said yes. Left the premises in record time.

18/09/13: Received BRP card :D

Staff are friendly and case workers were very professional. Comparing to my previous experience of Liverpool, Sheffield PEO is simply great.

My Advise: Natwest bank customers needs authorization for all payments above £1000.

Points to ponder:
- Most recent photo's
- Settlement Checking Service
- Plenty of evidence of Cohabitation
- Gap - FB and Email printouts
- Photocopies
- There are plenty of parking spaces on the Bridge street with all day parking £3.50 (No change given).

Thanks to this forum and especially to Amber for the invaluable advise. :)

doc.amby
Newly Registered

Post by doc.amby » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:48 am

Hi

That's a really encouraging post. It might be helpful for applicants like myself if you post the list of documents you sent along with your application. I am planning to apply within two weeks but I haven't yet booked an appointment.

nanmoom

Re: PEO Sheffield ILR Set(M) Experience 16/09/2013

Post by nanmoom » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:54 am

Hi Harry,

Congrats, is it an ILR or NATURALISATION ROUTE. Indeed an encouraging information. How were you able to book for the same day service please?

Thanks

chandra33
Newly Registered

Post by chandra33 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

congrats harry. could you please tell me how many days gap you had. and did they ask you any questions about it