ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Applications timings: May applicants post here.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Mon May 28, 2007 11:18 am

hsmp73 wrote:hi aprilhsmp,

I called VFS this morning and they asked me to call back on Friday. I asked them about medical and she said medical is not mandatory for all and will be decided by the officer. I am not sure what is happening in my case becoz if they haven't called for medical after 10 working days, it might mean that my is going in negative direction :cry: .. I am not sure whether anyone who applied EC around 4th may had any call for medical ?
hi hsmp73,

did u call them on friday. any update?
i also have not received any call for medical. don't know what is happening :(

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Mon May 28, 2007 3:03 pm

hi aprilhsmp,

I called them today. apparently they were closed on friday. no change in status. they asked me to call back on Wednesday. fingers crossed.

regards

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon May 28, 2007 6:54 pm

adnan

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Tue May 29, 2007 6:50 pm

hi hsmp73,

i also called and asked abt my EC status. still under verification. hope things are fine.

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:52 am

hi All,

I got my visa stamped for 2 years. thanks for all the support from the forum members. my timelines for EC..

Applied on : 4th May
Stamped on : 29th May.

No medical was required. verification was done regarding my salary and job details.

regards

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Wed May 30, 2007 2:53 pm

hsmp73 from which country did u file the EC....

and please comment on this...high commission guyes called at my office...our supprt dept head took the call...and verified my designation but he didnt know the joining date ..so he told the high commission pl to call after an hr after human resource dept comes in..no call after that ....

any thing serius??????????/
adnan

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Wed May 30, 2007 3:35 pm

hi all,

I also received my EC today. My timelines

applied on 14th may from bangalore
received EC stamped passport on 29th May.

don't know what all they verified.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi hsmp73 and aprilhsmp,
CONGRATS GUYS......thats a great news and wish you both best of luck for ur future stay and professional life in UK.

I am sure you guys will help us and share ur experience - Can you guys help in understanding :

Q) Did you submitted the CA evaluation report with ur EC file

Q) Both of you had a job offer letter while applying

Q) You guys applied only for self or ur dependant too (like wife, mother father .....)

Dear aprilhsmp, I have sent you a "pm" since i am also from bangalore and i thought i can take some advise from you.

Congrats once again
Cheers and Celebrate !
Mohan

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:47 pm

hi,

No CA report

I applied only for self and mentioned in cover letter that I will apply for my wife and kid later on

No job offer at the moment

regards

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:52 pm

hi aprilhsmp.

pls check your PM.

regards

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:08 am

Hi hsmp73,
thanks for ur reply and valuable info..........

yaar..my situation is exactly like urs.......i mean, not very much convinced to make the CA report........but i am also not getting a joboffer..........but again I am planning to apply with my wife......by showing around 5 lac as bank balance..........does this sound ok or what do you suggest ?

just to add on to it........I am showing a accomodation letter from my friend in UK (UK Citizen) declaring that accomodation and food will be taken care by him for both of us.

what would you suggest or do in this situation ?

Help me out guys..........i am really in delimma

aprilhsmp.........i am eagerly awaiting for ur reply too.........

thanks guys
mohan

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Thu May 31, 2007 6:00 am

Hi Mohan,

My situation is also like yours-Applying for self and family.Showing around 5 lakhs bank acct plus property details.
I have also arranged a invitation letter from friend for initial stay and help.
I guess these should be fine.Most likely I will apply next week.Just waiting for CA evaluation. This is something which I opted for-There r no guideline and totally your decision if you wanna add it or not.

All the best.

Umang

rb7575
Newly Registered

Post by rb7575 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:07 am

Congrats Aprilhsmp & Hsmp73 on ur ec.
could u please share ur experience with us regarding verification and timeline.
thanks

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Thu May 31, 2007 8:58 am

i did not include CA report. I had given bank statements.

jeba
Newly Registered

Medical test

Post by jeba » Thu May 31, 2007 9:10 am

Hi all,
i hope medical test is required for few categories of jobs. For IT jobs, it wont be required.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 am

basic question regarding Integra Screening-

If you visit the following site
http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/
it suggest Integra Screening is required for people on WP and HSMP.
My understanding is that its required ONLY for the Primary applicant and NOT for the dependents.
Can people who has already applied, confirm it please.

Umang

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Thu May 31, 2007 11:08 am

Hai hsmp 73

even i am also applying alone after that for my dependents..could u please tell me how much fund u have maintained in ur bank acccount

atpresent i have 1.5L+1.5L(from my family and friends)..is this sufficient for single applicant?

Please advise so that i can apply EC next week

Thanks

Rajesh veluchamy

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:21 am

hi,

I am not sure what is the minimum required becoz I had about 10 lakhs in my account when I applied for EC. From this forum I think people have suggested 5 lakhs.

regards

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:27 am

integra screen form needs to be filled only by primary applicant.

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:39 pm

hai all,

Planning to apply for EC with last 6 month pay slip(dec 2006 to may 2007).when i applied for HSMP initial approval i sent 12 month pay slip with seal and signature of my HR(feb 2006 to feb 2007)

Now the rule has changed in my company like they wont sign and seal my latest payslips...(but i can take printout from my intranet site with company logo)insted of that they can give salary certificate stating that my annual salary

guys i need input from all..any problem if i apply EC with 6 month payslip without seal and signature and with salary certificate issued by my employer

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:30 am

Hi aprilhsmp & hsmp73,

It will be of great help if you guys can send ur Covering Letter of EC to my personal id mohanmudaliar@hotmail.com

aprilhsmp : i have sent a personal message.........can you please check and respond.

thank u guys
mohan

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:48 am

Hi All,

Today I applied EC for self and family at Delhi VFS. Just writing dowm my experience if it helps any of you.

The staff was cooperative and things were pretty organized. Once I reached office it took me around 2 hrs

Few observations-

Take atleast 2 photocopies of document you intend to submit. For eg they asked me 2 photocopies of my appoinment letter.

Since you will have 3 sets of documents-HSMP, Integra and Application related make sure all papers goes in relavant folder as the lady assigned to you shuffles the paper.

Also note down what she writes on the form where she mentions what all documents you are submitting.For eg she forgot to mention that I have invitation/sponser letter-I asked her to write the same.

Though not mandatory, I think letter from CA does add value to your application. She was impressed when I mention I have one and did wrote on the Form about the same.

I am not writing down the entire list of document again because that list is mentioned earlier on this forum by others.

Next is to hope that all goes well and keep praying !

Cheers

umanghere

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi Umang,
Thanks for sharing ur experience and writing it so nicely and giving some advise to all the friends.

Few things again to confirm with what you did :

Q1) You suggested 2 Photocopies of the document what you intend to submit.........u mean two copies of all the documents HSMP, Integra, & EC related docs ?

Q2) You have mentioned 2 copies of appointment letter. You mean the the appointment letter of the present employer or your new job offer ?

Q3) Regarding CA report, did the VFS lady told you anything like.....is it always better to add CA report, it adds value....u should not miss it even though its not mandatory.

Thanks umang and I wish everything goes right for you and ur family. My tons of wishes with you and I am sure everything will be good...cheers up!

Best Regards
Mohan

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:00 am

Appointment letter of most recent company-For me its current company-I guess basically its to ascertain that you have been working and hence have regular source of income.

Photocopy of-Integra form and what all you submit with it.

For EC -duplicate is not required.but one should carry couple of spare passport copies and as usual copy of 1st and 8th page of VAF form.

CA-We can have endless discussion-Already on this forum you will find people saying, I did submit another one I didnt !
Its just for your peace of mind. Since I had a property I thought its good to show letter from CA , bcz though bank statement and other funds r obvious , evaluation of property is bit tricky and thought letter from CA will add value.

The staff there is just to help you arrange papers and ensure nothing mandatory is missing. Apart from that they say, you can submit what you think makes your case strong !

umang

sarva
Newly Registered

Post by sarva » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:32 am

Hi All,

I would like to inform you all regarding timeline for EC.

Applied for EC on 09 May 07 thru VFS,chennai.
Got EC for 2 years on 05 May 07.
No medical done.
Intra has verified at office and home.

This forum has helped me lot for the preparation of documents.
I thank every one for the contribution done.