ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will husband claims affect my ILR? Ugent Advice needed Pls!!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Will husband claims affect my ILR? Ugent Advice needed Pls!!

Post by Darkangel » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:30 am

Good Morning all,
I am truly sorry if anyone asked this before.
I'm on a spousal visa which is based on the old rule. My ILR comes up next year June, but my husband lost his job a couple of months ago.
He is looking to claim unemployment benefits but is really worried that it will affect my application next year.
Do you think this will affect my application?
My visa was issued on the 29th of June 2012 and I came into the UK on the 21st of July 2012.
Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Post by Darkangel » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am

Oh I forgot to mention. My husband is a British National. Thanks
Last edited by Darkangel on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:47 am

As he has been working (I assume over the last 2 years) he'll get contribution JSA which only awards a single person amount so nothing to worry about there. Which Country are you native?

If he claims housing/council tax benefit makes sure the applicable amount is for a single person.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Post by Darkangel » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, I am Nigerian, and he had worked for over two years. He isn't claiming housing benefit as our house is owned outright
should I tell him to apply as a single person? he filled the form as a married man...does this matter or not?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:01 pm

So long as he indicated that you are subject to immigration there should be no issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.