ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how can i claim house benefit?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajuraju
Newly Registered

how can i claim house benefit?

Post by rajuraju » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi Every Body
I leave my job because of my health.I am British citizen and my wife on 2 year spouse visa (Pre 9 July).3 year ago i buy a house on mortgage after buy i relize this is not good area for ethnic people, I bring my family From India i am live in rented house in good area and i rented out my house. I got same amount i paid same to my landlord.I can claim house Benefit and How?Can i claim JSA its will affect my wife ILR application?Please advice me.
Thanks

rajuraju
Newly Registered

Post by rajuraju » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Please help me
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:38 pm

The issue would be that your other home would be considered as capital and the rental income would be considered as income. You should contact your local council housing benefit department and ask but the likely answer is no.

For JSA, you can claim so long as your receive a single person amount (that is automatic when on contribution based JSA) inform the DWP that your spouse is subject to immigration control.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rajuraju
Newly Registered

Post by rajuraju » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks Amber
I will contact with local council. one of my friend told i cannot claim JSA becuase i leave my job because of health so i have to claim ESA,His he right?
If he is right so its any affect on my wife ILR application?now me and my wife both are unemployed,i have to applyILR in March 2014 it will be any problem?
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:48 pm

You can claim JSA or ESA it depends whether or not you have limited capability to work as per the Work Capability Assessment. If you meet the requirement for ESA then you can claim it but don't be surprised if you have to appeal. You may also be entitled to Personal Independence Payments. so long as you receive the benefits with a single person applicable amount your spouse's ILR should be ok. ESA pays more than JSA and would help you meet the adequate maintenance and accommodation requirement that your spouse must meet for her ILR (assuming she has been on a spouse visa since before July 2012).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rajuraju
Newly Registered

Post by rajuraju » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:17 am

Thanks Amber its really help me.
Thanks again