ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:50 am

njoy1987 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
neoseal wrote:Thanks, njoy1987, Derivaz.

Email....lol.
ha ha, well; I guess at some point, they will say "decision made" haha
Monday
ha ha we will see today when I get home ;)

Dino1980s
Newly Registered

Post by Dino1980s » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Congrats neoseal 8) . Good luck for everyone else! :?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks Dino1980.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:23 pm

neoseal wrote:Thanks Dino1980.
How many "no decision made" emails did you get before you got the letter? lol

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Have you sent one today?
You know, I am as impatience about your approval as I was for mine. :)

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:21 pm

neoseal wrote:
Me 2 hurry up slow coach

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
neoseal wrote:
Me 2 hurry up slow coach
njoy1987/neoseal

Ha ha I didn't send one today no; I send an email every 2 weeks; how often were you sending them?

I've already got 2 "no decision made" emails; next week will be the 3rd one lol

I can't check yet, I'm in the office haha; I'll go home in a little while

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:57 pm

neoseal wrote:Heyyyyy got it today...

Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 11th July 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16th JULY 2013
Date of acknowledgement : RECEIVED 18th July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 17th July 2013
Date of approval: 13th Sept
Date of Ceremony: will call council and book

Thank you everyone for your support...
Those waiting just sit tight, you will receive your approval soon...

Not going away yet, will keep contributing to the board...
Congrats noseal ...

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Derivaz wrote:
njoy1987 wrote:
neoseal wrote:
Me 2 hurry up slow coach
njoy1987/neoseal

Ha ha I didn't send one today no; I send an email every 2 weeks; how often were you sending them?

Buddy, I recon send one everyday ... you have paid a hell lot of money and tracking your application is your absolute right !!! And to respond to your email is their duty and their pay check comes out of the fees YOU pay...

That said, I don't see much trust in their responses either, it could just be dumb copy/paste....

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:19 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
njoy1987 wrote:
neoseal wrote:
Me 2 hurry up slow coach
njoy1987/neoseal

Buddy, I recon send one everyday ... you have paid a hell lot of money and tracking your application is your absolute right !!! And to respond to your email is their duty and their pay check comes out of the fees YOU pay...

That said, I don't see much trust in their responses either, it could just be dumb copy/paste....
They usually take 2 days to reply, so emailing every day wouldn't make much sense, but i could email every week, instead of every 2 weeks; but I don't want to be a pain in the butt; that's what I decided to email every 2 weeks

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks Sunil.Suneel.

Derivaz, no not a good idea to email every day. I still think every 2 weeks is fine. However I have a feeling that you will not need to do that.
In the wake of looming postal strike, may be UKBA will process faster...

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 pm

neoseal wrote:Thanks Sunil.Suneel.

Derivaz, no not a good idea to email every day. I still think every 2 weeks is fine. However I have a feeling that you will not need to do that.
In the wake of looming postal strike, may be UKBA will process faster...
That's what I'm doing, every 2 weeks.

No letter from the HO today either; just tesco vouchers lol

Not sure they'll process faster; I think this might be a very long process with that strike coming up.....

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Good you atleast got Tesco vouchers first, to help you celebrate the approval because after paying UKBA fees....... :wink:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:55 pm

neoseal wrote:Good you atleast got Tesco vouchers first, to help you celebrate the approval because after paying UKBA fees....... :wink:
Very considerate of Tesco, indeed lol

Aw well, 3rd update email next monday...

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

I have got the Citizenship Ceremony for 15-OCT.

Is there any way I can move on to another council to get the ceremony earlier. How to do that?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:54 am

ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:Hi,

Is there any way I can move on to another council to get the ceremony earlier. How to do that?
I haven't done that yet, but I would imagine that you can call the new council and request it; I guess then this council will contact the previous council to send your certificate, but you'll probably have to pay the £80 fee again, since the ceremony is already booked

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

I am not sure of the process, I read a post a while back saying that its a tedious process and may take more time than the date in current council. I got date of 14th Oct, and my council doesn't do private ceremony except for armed force person. Wonder why would an armed force person need a citizenship ceremony? They had plans, but don't know if they have already started recruiting foreigners and immigrants in armed forces.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:59 am

The council will need to return the certificate to the HO who will send it over to the new council. You will also need to provide a good reason for the change (save time is not a good reason) and it will take several weeks at least.

15 October is only 3 weeks away. It's not so bad.

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:11 am

Jambo wrote:

The council will need to return the certificate to the HO who will send it over to the new council. You will also need to provide a good reason for the change (save time is not a good reason) and it will take several weeks at least.

thanks,

For Kids, is allowed to go an collect directly the certificate and only allowed to collect after my Ceremony?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:22 am

ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:

thanks,

For Kids, is allowed to go an collect directly the certificate and only allowed to collect after my Ceremony?
I suggest you call the council and ask. If they have the certificates already, they might be OK with you collecting them now.

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:47 am

Jambo wrote:
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:

thanks,

I suggest you call the council and ask. If they have the certificates already, they might be OK with you collecting them now.
thanks,

I am trying to reach Birmingham CC Team over phone for last 3 days no one picks up the call. I might visit tomorrow directly.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:20 pm

ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote: The council will need to return the certificate to the HO who will send it over to the new council. You will also need to provide a good reason for the change (save time is not a good reason) and it will take several weeks at least.

thanks,

thanks,

I am trying to reach Birmingham CC Team over phone for last 3 days no one picks up the call. I might visit tomorrow directly.
My advice is: keep it as simple as possible, the HO make enough mistakes on simple cases, making it more complex is asking for trouble; so I'd just attend the booked ceremony and get it over with; if they have to send the certificate back to the HO office and then back to the new council, it might get lost or god knows..... I'd keep it as simple as possible.

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Derivaz wrote:
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
thanks,

My advice is: keep it as simple as possible, the HO make enough mistakes on simple cases, making it more complex is asking for trouble; so I'd just attend the booked ceremony and get it over with; if they have to send the certificate back to the HO office and then back to the new council, it might get lost or god knows..... I'd keep it as simple as possible.
Yes, valid point...
thanks,

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote: I suggest you call the council and ask. If they have the certificates already, they might be OK with you collecting them now.

Yes, valid point...
thanks,
No probs.

msjuv
Newly Registered

Post by msjuv » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Eligibility criteria: British citizen spouse + 1 year ILR
Method of application: NCS Hammersmith
Date of application: 15/07/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: ?
Date of acknowledgement : 25/07/2013 dated (23/07/2013)
Date of debit of fees: 23/07/2013
Date of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Wrote to them yesterday asking if my case has been assigned to a caseworker and got a reply saying the decision has been made and to contact them if I don't receive it withing next 2 weeks