ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 pm

sabidh12 wrote:Dear Damanisshallo, lucky13 and other members, could u please tell me if I have to use extra photocopy of pg7 set(lr) or use blank sheet to write previous 5 years addresses. And how can I write passport no pg9 (C6) as I have 2 previous passports that have visas on them. Your help will be really appreciated.
If you have lived at the address above for less than five years please provide your previous address details and the dates you lived there.
Just asks your previous address and not previous addresses for the past 5 yrs. but you can add your previous five addresses if you wish on a separate blank sheet and not a photocopy of your application page.
Yes
document enclosed, passport/travel document number is
You can use a "/" to separate the two passport numbers and after all you'd enclose them anyways....so not a big deal...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 am

Damanisshallo wrote:@joyous

Try a reconsideration letter, which is a letter to the United Kingdom Border Agency stating the reasons why you feel your application was wrongly refused, you need to refute all the points made in the refusal letter and state the reasons why.

With the letter of reconsideration you can also attach further evidence to back up your point and refer to it in the letter.

The letter should be sent to the same post which refused your application and to the person and department names of which should be stated at the end of the refusal letter, there is no fee for this and if a decision in your favour is forthcoming then your visa will be granted. You should send this letter as soon as possible.

You can clearly mention that he first entered the UK in 2011 which is Pre July 11 june 2011 hence you believe that he should be considered under old rules. However, it is worth mentioning that you are aware of the changes made to the rules.

The main motto of this letter should be to let the caseworker know that it was wrongly considered under old rules and that you'd win this appeal without any hesitations and that you're trying to resolve this out of court.
(Bear in mind, do not put these words in the letter but some how you will have to indicate without mentioning as if you've whispered)

Rather than going to a solicitor to appeal, try to speak to them (Supervisor) not the CSA and explain to them the situation that they've sadly mistaken the dates. I remember lately someone had the similar kind of refusal and they managed to revert back the decision. (Saving you £££'s). Reading the reconsideration process might help you.

UKBA's Reconsideration policy @ Page 6 wrote:Definition of a reconsideration
A reconsideration is a review by the UK Border Agency of a decision made in the UK on an application for:
 further limited or indefinite leave to remain
 transfer of conditions (TOC), or
 no time limit (NTL).
Such a request will usually be about a refusal decision but may also be about aspects of an approval (for example, the period of leave granted).
When is a reconsideration request acceptable?
The UK Border Agency is not legally obliged to reconsider an immigration decision. When an applicant has a right of appeal, the correct method for them to challenge the decision is to lodge an appeal. Applicants refused without a right of appeal can either:
 challenge the decision through the judicial review process
 make a fresh application for limited or indefinite leave to remain, if they believe they
can show that they meet the requirements of the route under which they are applying,
or
 in the case of refused TOC or NTL applications, submit a fresh application that
addresses the reasons why the original application was refused. The UK Border Agency will however reconsider applications, if:
 The application was granted and the applicant believes that the type of leave granted or the expiry date of the leave is incorrect.
 The reconsideration is a legacy request submitted before 13 November 2012 and there are still reasons to reconsider the decision.
 The reconsideration request is about a case affected by the Alvi judgement and the
applicant is still in-time to bring an appeal or judicial review. For information on how to deal with reconsideration requests based on the Alvi judgment, see related link.
For information on what is not an acceptable reconsideration request, the requirements a request must meet and legacy reconsideration requests, see links on left.
Dear Damanisshallo
Thanks for taking your time to help on this forum. Thats so much appreciated.
Just a quick question. Does the consideration letter affect the deadline of appeal. Worried if we send an a consideration letter and then Home Office turns around and say we did not appeal by 4 th of October
Joyous

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:23 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:Please just needs your prayers , I have Oct 2012 still waiting . Regards Amjad
Hi Amjad,

Don't worry Inshaa Allah you'll hear very soon... Mean while see if you can follow this procedure to speed up your process. Rest, Almighty knows better.
Thank for support I hope will get soon . , regards Amjad

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 am

[quote="Damanisshallo"][quote="sabidh12"]Dear Damanisshallo, lucky13 and other members, could u please tell me if I have to use extra photocopy of pg7 set(lr) or use blank sheet to write previous 5 years addresses. And how can I write passport no pg9 (C6) as I have 2 previous passports that have visas on them. Your help will be really appreciated.[/quote]

[quote]If you have lived at the address above for less than five years please provide your previous address details and the dates you lived there.[/quote]

Just asks your previous address and not previous addresses for the past 5 yrs. but you can add your previous five addresses if you wish on a separate blank sheet and not a photocopy of your application page.

[quote]
Yes
[/quote]

You can use a "/" to separate the two passport numbers and after all you'd enclose them anyways....so not a big deal...[/quote] thanks for your kind guidance and help. Regards sabidh12

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:56 am

Joyous2013 wrote:Thanks for taking your time to help on this forum. Thats so much appreciated.
Just a quick question. Does the consideration letter affect the deadline of appeal. Worried if we send an a consideration letter and then Home Office turns around and say we did not appeal by 4 th of October
Joyous
This is something you will have to highlight in your re-consideration letter.
Let them know that you're deadline to make an appeal is 4th of October and that you do not intend to go to the court room when you believe that you can sort it out of court.

If they realize that, it was genuinely their fault then, I wouldn't be surprised if they get hold of you to sort it ASAP.

Good Luck

Addition: Having said this, do not delay your appeal process as you never know how long it'd take them to even open your letter (They are very popular on usage of crates lately). On a different note, even after your appeal if they realize their error they might request you to withdraw your appeal so that they can sort this out of court.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Damanisshallo wrote: Just asks your previous address and not previous addresses for the past 5 yrs. but you can add your previous five addresses if you wish on a separate blank sheet and not a photocopy of your application page.
Hi Damanisshallo,

This is an interesting comment, I must confess I photocopied the application page several times to input my addressess for the last 5 years.

This is what I had done for my Tier 2 General Application as well which was granted a few years prior to my SET (LR) application last week.

It isn't immediately clear from the language used in the application what we should do, to me it insinuated that we must list the last 5 years addresses... but having re-read it just now, it does only ask for the previous address to be fair..

I hope photocopying the page multiple times won't adversely affect my application? <paranoid young man who has spent the last 10 years in the UK immigration system :) >

Nik

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:24 pm

[quote="Damanisshallo"][quote="sabidh12"]Dear Damanisshallo, lucky13 and other members, could u please tell me if I have to use extra photocopy of pg7 set(lr) or use blank sheet to write previous 5 years addresses. And how can I write passport no pg9 (C6) as I have 2 previous passports that have visas on them. Your help will be really appreciated.[/quote]

[quote]If you have lived at the address above for less than five years please provide your previous address details and the dates you lived there.[/quote]

[quote]
Yes
[/quote]

You can use a "/" to separate the two passport numbers and after all you'd enclose them anyways....so not a big deal...[/quote] thanks for your kind guidance and help. Regards sabidh12

lucky13

Re: ILR Application SET (LR)

Post by lucky13 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:41 pm

nhbloke wrote:Application sent: 30/08/2013
Application Received: 02/09/2013
Payment taken out from bank account: 03/09/2013
Acknowledgement letter Received: 07/09/2013
Bio-metrics letter received: 20/09/2013
Bio metrics enrolled: 23/09/2013

Passports+docs Received: Waiting
Bio metric Card Received: Waiting

Can someone please add me on Skydrive?

Thank you nhbloke.
I updated on SkyDrive.
Good Luck.

bobby_das
Newly Registered

ILR APPROVED

Post by bobby_das » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi All,

i have been reading this board for long time.and it helped me alot in applying my visa .finally i received my approvel letter today.
it has taken around 5 and half months.

Application sent: 04/04/2013
Payment Method: Debit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 10/04/2013
Biometrics letter received:06/05/2013
Biometrics enrolled:06/05/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): 23/09/13
Passport/Approval Letter Received: 24/09/13 (self addressed sp delivery )
Biometric Card Received: Awaiting the card from DX.

I sent only Passports (x2), Life in the UK Test Result & my Biometric Card.photocopies of all documents attached.
No solicitor used.

10years = 4 sudent+3workpermit+3tier1 dependent.

can any one please suggest which visa i need to apply for my daughter 4 years old.right now she is on tier 1 dependent visa still valid till oct2014.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ILR APPROVED

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 pm

bobby_das wrote:Hi All,

i have been reading this board for long time.and it helped me alot in applying my visa .finally i received my approvel letter today.

Hi congratulations , , please I need your prayers waiting from 12months. If your daughter born here simple fill MN1 form I think so , regards Amjad

I sent only Passports (x2), Life in the UK Test Result & my Biometric Card.photocopies of all documents attached.
No solicitor used.

can any one please suggest which visa i need to apply for my daughter 4 years old.right now she is on tier 1 dependent visa still valid till oct2014.

ruhulm
Newly Registered

Post by ruhulm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 pm

No solicitor used.

Congratulations on your ILR
**If your daughter was born in the UK, you just need naturalisation for her. you can do this through council.**

goodies901

Wife's application

Post by goodies901 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi guys,

I received my ILR last week and needs to apply for my wife.
She's been here for almost 7 years - Student dependant for 2 years, PSW dependant for 2 years and Tier 1 General dependant for almost 3 years now. She currently have Tier 1 visa dependant visa until 2016 (based on my previous Tier 1 Visa).

In short, what form should i use to apply for her and can her application be processed at PEO?

Any help/response will be very much appreciated.

goodies901

Post by goodies901 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 pm

ruhulm wrote:

No solicitor used.

Congratulations on your ILR
**If your daughter was born in the UK, you just need naturalisation for her. you can do this through council.**
Need to apply with MN1 form. I'm in the same situation like you and will be applying for my daughter next few weeks.

goodies901

Post by goodies901 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:47 pm

britbanker wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote: Just asks your previous address and not previous addresses for the past 5 yrs. but you can add your previous five addresses if you wish on a separate blank sheet and not a photocopy of your application page.
Hi Damanisshallo,

This is an interesting comment, I must confess I photocopied the application page several times to input my addressess for the last 5 years.

This is what I had done for my Tier 2 General Application as well which was granted a few years prior to my SET (LR) application last week.

It isn't immediately clear from the language used in the application what we should do, to me it insinuated that we must list the last 5 years addresses... but having re-read it just now, it does only ask for the previous address to be fair..

I hope photocopying the page multiple times won't adversely affect my application? <paranoid young man who has spent the last 10 years in the UK immigration system :) >

Nik
Both works fine. An extra sheet is simple and has been effective for me in all my previous applications as I move around quite a lot and have never fit my previous addresses on any application:)

nabuanas
Newly Registered

Pls update Anas13, brp received 18/09 tq so much everyone

Post by nabuanas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:58 pm

john100v wrote:
Waiting for more than 26 weeks...

Anas13 27 weeks
dreamingsong 28 weeks
star123 31 weeks
nikcu0 34 weeks
Rensal 40 weeks
Akki 44 weeks
hemnani 45 weeks
pokhreligautam 46 weeks
Uzo 47 weeks
amjadleeds 47 weeks

Hi I approached to mp and mp wrote to them still waiting after. I have called many times answer your application in process or not completed yet.Life is running very stress situation nearly completed 12year .Please just needs your prayers guys , regards Amjad
Amjad, I'm in 24th week of waiting, its really so stressful and it affects my life very much. There should be some procedure in timeline for deciding the application.

Dont worry amjad, I wish you will get it sooner, maybe this month.

nabuanas
Newly Registered

Ilr received

Post by nabuanas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Please someone help me to update workbook for Anas13, brp and passport received on 18 sept. I also would like to thank you to everyone especially Damani and everyone who very helpful in this forum. May Allah bless us always.

woolf
Newly Registered

Need advice

Post by woolf » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 am

26th week almost 6 months since submitting my application
but no reply from UKBA what are my options now

Excluding contacting MP

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:06 am

No solicitor used.

Congratulations for ilr your wait is over
ASJID

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Wife's application

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 am

goodies901 wrote:Hi guys,

I received my ILR last week and needs to apply for my wife.
She's been here for almost 7 years - Student dependant for 2 years, PSW dependant for 2 years and Tier 1 General dependant for almost 3 years now. She currently have Tier 1 visa dependant visa until 2016 (based on my previous Tier 1 Visa).

In short, what form should i use to apply for her and can her application be processed at PEO?

Any help/response will be very much appreciated.
Since she's already been as your dependent for more than 2 yrs on Tier1 dependent, I have an impression that she can apply for her settlement if she's already got her LITUK certificate.

Read this post to understand how and what to do.
Skydrives, Templates

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:18 am

No solicitor used.

Congratulations...
I updated on SkyDrive.

lucky13

Re: Ilr received

Post by lucky13 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:26 am

nabuanas wrote:Please someone help me to update workbook for Anas13, brp and passport received on 18 sept. I also would like to thank you to everyone especially Damani and everyone who very helpful in this forum. May Allah bless us always.
Congratulations...

woolf
Newly Registered

Post by woolf » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 pm

I need help, almost 26th week (6 months) since submitting my application
but no reply from UKBA . what can i do now

i will be contacting local MP

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm

I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa finished in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when i receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? do I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent? I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months. is this gross or after tax? Please help < thanks

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Ilr under process

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Congratulation on your freedom, please just need your prayers guys waiting from Oct 2012.
Regards
Amjad leeds

khizarm
Pakistan

10 years (LR) ILR

Post by khizarm » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I just sent my application for ILR using SET (LR) forms:

Application Sent: 17/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 19/08/2013
Biometrics letter received: 11/10/2013 dated 07/10/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 11/10/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3).
Life in the UK Test Result.
Payslips.
bank statement with bank letter showing current balance with opening date of account.
current bills.
covering letter.

My route to 10 years residence is 5 years student visa + 2 years PSW + 2 years Tier 1 (General) + 3 years Tier 1 ( General expire 10/10/2015). All I sent in the post was three passports, with visas and residence permit spanning last 10 years.
Last edited by khizarm on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.