ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:09 pm

@yummymummy3j @vebrina thanks for the response.

I have heard a few stories from my lawyer that apparently the home office get irritated by this and normally refuse your application so to be honest that made me chicken out as was scared of rocking the boat. She did advice me against it but still gave me the option of doing it so its a catch 22.

The wait is killing me though so really contemplating on the idea.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 pm

rina wrote:@yummymummy3j @vebrina thanks for the response.

I have heard a few stories from my lawyer that apparently the home office get irritated by this and normally refuse your application so to be honest that made me chicken out as was scared of rocking the boat. She did advice me against it but still gave me the option of doing it so its a catch 22.

For some strange reasons solicitors are usually against us contacting MPs..... :?
But to say that Home Office gets irritated by this and refuse your application is pretty extreme....

I dont really what to say hun, but if you ask your MP to politely enquire on your application's progress (especially as you have been waiting for almost 2 years) it shouldnt go against you in any way...
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:09 pm

@verbina i am going to look into it as just spoke to lawyer as she was suggesting to do a PAP till she mentioned fees :(

I think lawyers think money grows on trees!!!!! I am struggling as it is :x

Anyway thanks and will keep you posted.

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:15 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@call me dude, sorry to hear yr visa was refused , pls dont give up....the lord almighty will direct you.

@yummymummy,thank you very much.
It is well

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:16 pm

rina wrote:@verbina i am going to look into it as just spoke to lawyer as she was suggesting to do a PAP till she mentioned fees :(

I think lawyers think money grows on trees!!!!! I am struggling as it is :x

Anyway thanks and will keep you posted.

So your lawyer warns you against contacting your MP, not to aggravate Home Office into refusing your application.

At the same time she is suggesting a Pre-action Protocol letter to aggravate Home Office into making a decision...... ( at a cost of around £500)

Urrrrm....... get rif of this lawyer?

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:22 pm

GodGives wrote:@call me dude am sorry about Ur refusal. Please do share the reasons when u can. don't be too upset all is well x

@Godgives,thank you.i will.
I will see my solicitor tommorrow n give updates.thanks to everyone.you guys made me feel a bit better.
It is well

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Call me dude wrote:
GodGives wrote:@call me dude am sorry about Ur refusal. Please do share the reasons when u can. don't be too upset all is well x

I will see my solicitor tommorrow n give updates.thanks to everyone.you guys made me feel a bit better.
Call me dude- so sorry about the refusal. The LOrd is your strength
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Call me dude wrote:

Dont worry Call me dude, you will be alright. I was refused once in 2007 and then again Dec 2009, I now got DLR which I am renewing. You will be fine. Its just frustrating but it will be ok
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Sweetypie

Re: FLR(O)

Post by Sweetypie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:51 pm

rina wrote:Hi guys

Am new to this site and was wondering if their is anyone who has been waiting since early 2012?

I sent my application in feb 2012 and got the letter saying they are dealing with my application etc. My lawyer sent 3 letters of complaint on the delay but same old excuse of as you all know. They also claimed they had not received my documents till april 2012 which is absurd as I sent them in Feb and got a letter march saying they had received them.

Its been such a long wait almost 2 years now and am fed up.

Is their anyone who has waited so long as me or longer?

Hi Rina,

My last application I waited from March 2008, refused Dec 2009, nearly two years
Appealed January 2010, Won March 2010 and Visa only came in Oct 2013 when my MP who is a Minister took up the case in August, they sent the visa about 4 weeks later? I have a few words to describe what stealing 3 years of my life did but I will reserve them :)

P.s my case is based on private life in UK no children and husband.

Thanks

Sweetypie

Re: FLR(O)

Post by Sweetypie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:53 pm

Sweetypie wrote:
rina wrote:Hi guys

Am new to this site and was wondering if their is anyone who has been waiting since early 2012?

I sent my application in feb 2012 and got the letter saying they are dealing with my application etc. My lawyer sent 3 letters of complaint on the delay but same old excuse of as you all know. They also claimed they had not received my documents till april 2012 which is absurd as I sent them in Feb and got a letter march saying they had received them.

Its been such a long wait almost 2 years now and am fed up.

Is their anyone who has waited so long as me or longer?

Hi Rina,

My last application I waited from March 2008, refused Dec 2009, nearly two years
Appealed January 2010, Won March 2010 and Visa only came in Oct 2013 when my MP who is a Minister took up the case in August, they sent the visa about 4 weeks later? I have a few words to describe what stealing 3 years of my life did but I will reserve them :)

P.s my case is based on private life in UK no children and husband.

Thanks
Also I have no husband, kids etc, just grew up in the UK and have parents and other family. You will be okay. Stay strong and keep fighting

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:54 pm

[quote="Call me dude"][quote="GodGives"]@call me dude am sorry about Ur refusal. Please do share the reasons when u can. don't be too upset all is well x[/quote]

I will see my solicitor tommorrow n give updates.thanks to everyone.you guys made me feel a bit better.[/quote]

Call me dude, Im so sorry to hear that you've been refused like a lot of us here on this forum. Have courage and keep your chin up. @ Rina, welcome to the forum. Verbina congrats on the Sage status.Lol! And finally greetings to everybody else on the forum

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:14 pm

verbina wrote:

For some strange reasons solicitors are usually against us contacting MPs..... :?
But to say that Home Office gets irritated by this and refuse your application is pretty extreme....

I dont really what to say hun, but if you ask your MP to politely enquire on your application's progress (especially as you have been waiting for almost 2 years) it shouldnt go against you in any way...

@verbina, you have a good MP so you tend to assume that MP's will be moved contacting HO on your behalf. My lovely MP don't care if your application has been in the HO for a decade. He just doesn't want to entertain or have anything to do with immigration matters yet he represents Lib Dems.
I have a higher MP in God almighty, he forgets that another election is round the corner hun........
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:26 pm

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:

@verbina, you have a good MP so you tend to assume that MP's will be moved contacting HO on your behalf. My lovely MP don't care if your application has been in the HO for a decade. He just doesn't want to entertain or have anything to do with immigration matters yet he represents Lib Dems.
I have a higher MP in God almighty, he forgets that another election is round the corner hun........
You re totally right, I do feel lucky with my MP, but sending a PAP letter to get Home Office to make a decision as suggested by solicitor is surely a last resort.......

Besides @yummymummy had great results after involving MP and Ombudsman, Sanny26 as well, to name a few...

Sure its different in different constituencies, but its worth a try in any case, before spending money on PAP letter etc in my opinion...

masi_almasi
Newly Registered

Post by masi_almasi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Evening guys,

Not sure if Im in the right place. I submitted a FLR(O) application in July and started a new job.

The working place, NHS trust, promised to apply for a tier 2 application after this..

This morning got a call from my lawyer saying that I have been refused...Now contacted HR and for some reason they changed their mind about the sponsorship and that they wont offer it any more... To make things worse they want to sack me straight away..

When I applied I was under tier 1 psw, and was in Syria for a while trying to get my parent out of the country...

My question is once the application has been refused can I still apply for a tier 2? and is my immigration status still considered tier 1 psw?

Thanks

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:40 pm

masi_almasi wrote:Evening guys,

Not sure if Im in the right place. I submitted a FLR(O) application in July and started a new job.

The working place, NHS trust, promised to apply for a tier 2 application after this..

This morning got a call from my lawyer saying that I have been refused...Now contacted HR and for some reason they changed their mind about the sponsorship and that they wont offer it any more... To make things worse they want to sack me straight away..

When I applied I was under tier 1 psw, and was in Syria for a while trying to get my parent out of the country...

My question is once the application has been refused can I still apply for a tier 2? and is my immigration status still considered tier 1 psw?

Thanks
Hi,

You made a mistake by telling the hr about the refusal. You should have jut let them apply for tier 2. Anyway there is still hope u can apply for tier 2 but now u have to find an employer that will to apply for you. The earlier the better. All the best
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:42 pm

GodGives wrote:

Thanks
Hi,

You made a mistake by telling the hr about the refusal. You should have jut let them apply for tier 2. Anyway there is still hope u can apply for tier 2 but now u have to find an emplo
yer that will to apply for you. The earlier the better. All the best
Its only considered tier 1 psw if it has not expired. Also you have 28days after your visa expired to apply for tier 2 or any other leave
Godgives

masi_almasi
Newly Registered

Post by masi_almasi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:54 pm

GodGives wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Thanks
Hi,

You made a mistake by telling the hr about the refusal. You should have jut let them apply for tier 2. Anyway there is still hope u can apply for tier 2 but now u have to find an emplo
Its only considered tier 1 psw if it has not expired. Also you have 28days after your visa expired to apply for tier 2 or any other leave

Looks like it but I panicked!! The situation is that my PSW has expired, I have been refused FLR(O), and will be loosing my dream job really! What about an appeal? Would this work?

Its impossible to get a sponsership in 28 days really

hatsuku

Hi

Post by hatsuku » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:04 pm

I am new to the forum, as a registered member, but i am an old member as a reader and follower.

i would like to join you in this journey.

my timeline is as follow:

17 april 2013: sent the flo (0) application
20 may: done the biometric
10 june: request for more documents
20 june: refusal, with right to appeal
1 july: sent the appeal application to immigration tribunal.
and still waiting for an appointment for the hearing :(

congratulations to all those who got the good news.

and prayers for those who are waiting.

x

masi_almasi
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by masi_almasi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:15 pm

hatsuku wrote:I am new to the forum, as a registered member, but i am an old member as a reader and follower.

i would like to join you in this journey.

my timeline is as follow:

17 april 2013: sent the flo (0) application
20 may: done the biometric
10 june: request for more documents
20 june: refusal, with right to appeal
1 july: sent the appeal application to immigration tribunal.
and still waiting for an appointment for the hearing :(

congratulations to all those who got the good news.

and prayers for those who are waiting.

x

Hi,

So are you working at the moment? Can you carry on working during the appeal period?

Such hard times

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 pm

@Call me dude, sorry about your refusal..May God intervene on your behalf!
pt

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Sweetypie wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

Dont worry Call me dude, you will be alright. I was refused once in 2007 and then again Dec 2009, I now got DLR which I am renewing. You will be fine. Its just frustrating but it will be ok

Thank you sweetly pie..kukuwife...and nilemarques.i realy appreciate it.just thought if I was granted I could get a good job to make life better for me n my girls.life has been so difficult with out job.leaving from hand to mouth.hmmmm.it is well.
It is well

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:48 pm

[quote="Call me dude"][quote="Sweetypie"][quote="Call me dude"][quote="GodGives"]@call me dude am sorry about Ur refusal. Please do share the reasons when u can. don't be too upset all is well x[/quote]

I will see my solicitor tommorrow n give updates.thanks to everyone.you guys made me feel a bit better.[/quote]

Dont worry Call me dude, you will be alright. I was refused once in 2007 and then again Dec 2009, I now got DLR which I am renewing. You will be fine. Its just frustrating but it will be ok[/quote]

Thank you sweetly pie..kukuwife...and nilemarques.i realy appreciate it.just thought if I was granted I could get a good job to make life better for me n my girls.life has been so difficult with out job.leaving from hand to mouth.hmmmm.it is well.[/quote]

@ Call me Dude. Do not despair! Trust me, as I feel you. I'm also in the same situation. Hand to mouth for a couple of years now, let alone, haven't been able to buy my kids birthday or christmas presents like the 'regular kids.' You just have to be strong for your family no matter the situation. I know with God's grace we will prevail. Have no fear. This is just the beginning.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 pm

masi_almasi wrote:
GodGives wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Thanks
Hi,

Looks like it but I panicked!! The situation is that my PSW has expired, I have been refused FLR(O), and will be loosing my dream job really! What about an appeal? Would this work?

Yep thats true but try to convince them to apply for tier 2
Godgives

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:57 pm

masi_almasi wrote:
GodGives wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Thanks
Hi,

Sorry about the refusal, Are you Syrian? one would have thought that a moratorium on refusals for Syrian citizens would be in place.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:16 am

@hatchsead my mp was not that much of a help too.he kept
Telling me to give d homeoffice time dat they are very busy..he became d mouthpiece of Ho..he is a lib dem too..one day i cald d ombudsman, i was sent a form in d post which i filled....just a fone call by d ombudsman to d ho did d trick for me....