ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:23 am

@ rina yr lawyer is on a misson to make money..you can ask yr mp to contact them,am pretty sure it would speed things up..all they hv to do is call d ho's attention to d fact that you hv been waitin for so long and find out d stage of yr applicatn......then again have u contacted d ho to check d progress of yr applicatn? U might want to try dat too...... It is well

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 am

@ rina yr lawyer is on a misson to make money..you can ask yr mp to contact them,am pretty sure it would speed things up..all they hv to do is call d ho's attention to d fact that you hv been waitin for so long and find out d stage of yr applicatn......then again have u contacted d ho to check d progress of yr applicatn? U might want to try dat too...... It is well

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 am

@hatchsead my mp was not that much of a help too.he kept
Telling me to give d homeoffice time day they are very busy..he became d mouthpiece of Ho..he is a lib dem too..one day i cald d ombudsman, i was sent a form in d post which i filled....just a fone call by d ombudsman to d ho did d trick for me....

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:41 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@hatchsead my mp was not that much of a help too.he kept
Telling me to give d homeoffice time dat they are very busy..he became d mouthpiece of Ho..he is a lib dem too..one day i cald d ombudsman, i was sent a form in d post which i filled....just a fone call by d ombudsman to d ho did d trick for me....
Thanks yummymummy, i guess am left with no option but to follow that path now. I have waited enough, first applied July 2010 heard nothing until i made enquiries on the status of my application using SAR early 2012 only to be informed on the transcript that they lost all my application documentation in transit in December 2010 and had adviced we re-apply afresh which they never notified us until the invocation of SAR.
I re-applied October 2012, Biometrics March 2013 and haven't heard anything since. I will give them until the second week in October before i go down the Ombudsman path.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:32 am

hatchsead wrote:
Telling me to give d homeoffice time dat they are very busy..he became d mouthpiece of Ho..he is a lib dem too..one day i cald d ombudsman, i was sent a form in d post which i filled....just a fone call by d ombudsman to d ho did d trick for me....
Thanks yummymummy, i guess am left with no option but to follow that path now. I have waited enough, first applied July 2010 heard nothing until i made enquiries on the status of my application using SAR early 2012 only to be informed on the transcript that they lost all my application documentation in transit in December 2010 and had adviced we re-apply afresh which they never notified us until the invocation of SAR.
I re-applied October 2012, Biometrics March 2013 and haven't heard anything since. I will give them until the second week in October before i go down the Ombudsman path.
@hatchsead
I hope you hear from them before that time and let it be goodnews.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:52 am

Good morning dear forum,
Just to update you that I have received BRP today mentioning that they granted me three years starting from 23thSep 2013. So they ignored my waiting time which is 14 bloody months,
So questions are:
1. Should apply for indefinite leave to remain after 6years from the first DLR which was granted on Aug2009?

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:58 am

@elastep, thanks for the support, i sure hope so too.

@Khaldoon, my gut feeling will be yes, apply once you clock 6 years, the 14 months is not your fault and you had not overstayed. They just couldn't get their act together.
It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

God's Authority

Hello Everyone

Post by God's Authority » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:03 am

Hi Everyone

Just thought to log in and perhaps cheer everyone up irrespective of whatever.

To everyone who has been granted, congratulations and enjoy your new phase of life. To everyone who has not recieved that much needed news I do have good news for you, You are not forgotten, God knows your name. Go ahead and fight the battle and you will emerge victorious. Things might seem this way now but sooner than you think you will look back and smile telling good stories of how faithful God has been to you. The days of lack will be restored in multiple folds and you will be givers and lenders and not borrowers by the special grace of God. Remember that even in the midst of nothing God provided food and drink for the israelites in the wilderness,please do not falter or lose hope no matter what, all thing MUST work together for good to those that love and trust God.

I cannot begin to mention names as everyone here as being so wonderful but please remain strong in the lord because he will come true for you,amen.

For the many millions of people still waiting, you must begin to believe the report of God, begin to prophesy whatever it is you want to hear from the home office, we are at their mercy obviously but they are also at the mercy of God, the one who has the hearts of kings and princes in his hands and turneth it as he wishes. How much more the case workers. He will cause them to favour us all and turn around any intended negativity into positivity,amen.

I am also waiting and I can only keep trusting in God because he promised me that my trust in him will not be in vain and so it is for everyone of us too.

Am so sorry if this is too long but please be of good cheer everyone, we will all rejoice sooner or later.

Also waiting since October and I know it will not be much longer now till October applicants start recieving their good news since September applicants have started recieving feedback on their application.

I wish us all good health and happiness.

Thank you all for reading.

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:03 am

Thanks for the support hatchsead,
My advise for those who were waiting for mor than 8 months,
NOW GET YOUR parliamentary Ombudsman involved now, because they made my application done in only three days

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 am

@ Gods authority ......thx 4 d words of encouragement.

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:46 am

Hi everyone
Does anyone know what the minor changes and clarifications to the Immigration Rules, including those relating to family life is about? I would be grateful if anybody can elaborate. Thank you.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

hatchsead wrote:
@hatchsead

I think the Ombudsman is definitely a way forward for you! Especially after HO lost your original application documentation in transit!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

johnny04

Approval

Post by johnny04 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Hello guys,

I am writing to inform you that we received my wife's approval letter this morning after almost 2 years of battle. She was initially refused in July 2013 on the basis that we did not include my 2 kids british passport. We reapplied at the end of August 2013 including the kids' british passports. The HO sent us a letter on 19 September 2013 requesting for more documents to prove that myself, my wife and kids all leave together at the same address for the past 2 years. We submitted more docs and was received by HO on Monday 23 September 2013. We received the approval letter today and BRP to follow.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

You are all the best!!!

hatchsead

Re: Approval

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:31 pm

johnny04 wrote:Hello guys,

I am writing to inform you that we received my wife's approval letter this morning after almost 2 years of battle. She was initially refused in July 2013 on the basis that we did not include my 2 kids british passport. We reapplied at the end of August 2013 including the kids' british passports. The HO sent us a letter on 19 September 2013 requesting for more documents to prove that myself, my wife and kids all leave together at the same address for the past 2 years. We submitted more docs and was received by HO on Monday 23 September 2013. We received the approval letter today and BRP to follow.

You are all the best!!!

Congratulations!!! A well deserved victory

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:42 pm

You are all the best!!!
Congrats to you and your family!!!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Good morning dear forum,
Just to update you that I have received BRP today mentioning that they granted me three years starting from 23thSep 2013. So they ignored my waiting time which is 14 bloody months,
So questions are:
1. Should apply for indefinite leave to remain after 6years from the first DLR which was granted on Aug2009?
Congratulations @khaldoon.....you might want to check with a lawyer...my sisters lawyer has written to Home Office on way forward on a similar case as they are meant to apply in January 2014...they do not know whether to apply got ILR or DLR again....but no response yet.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:51 pm

You are all the best!!!
congratulations...that is good news indeed...

masi_almasi
Newly Registered

Post by masi_almasi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
masi_almasi wrote:
GodGives wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Hi,

You made a mistake by telling the hr about the refusal. You should have jut let them apply for tier 2. Anyway there is still hope u can apply for tier 2 but now u have to find an emplo
yer that will to apply for you. The earlier the better. All the best
Its only considered tier 1 psw if it has not expired. Also you have 28days after your visa expired to apply for tier 2 or any other leave

Looks like it but I panicked!! The situation is that my PSW has expired, I have been refused FLR(O), and will be loosing my dream job really! What about an appeal? Would this work?

Its impossible to get a sponsership in 28 days really
Sorry about the refusal, Are you Syrian? one would have thought that a moratorium on refusals for Syrian citizens would be in place.

Yes actually iam a syrian, and that was the reason we applied for FLRO

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Dear forum
Just wanted to let everyone know our good news. We have received BRP today and an extension of DL for 3 years! All thanks to God. We are very relieved. Please keep fighting on my brothers and sisters I will keep you all in my prayers. i will post a timeline below

first 3 yrs DL expired on the 19/8/13
appplied on form FLR(O) on the 16/8/13
documents sent back because of invalid payment 31/8/13
resent new flr o form on 2/9/13 ( with a strong letter warning them not to consider my application as out of time quoting Basnet)
biometric letter came on 15/9 done on the same day
granted 3 yrs dl and BRP card arrived today

background:
we are engaged and have 3 children aged 14,6 and 5 yrs old. I am british born here and fiancee is nigerian

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:46 pm

rachelA wrote:Dear forum
Just wanted to let everyone know our good news. We have received BRP today and an extension of DL for 3 years! All thanks to God. We are very relieved. Please keep fighting on my brothers and sisters I will keep you all in my prayers. i will post a timeline below

resent new flr o form on 2/9/13 ( with a strong letter warning them not to consider my application as out of time quoting Basnet)

background:
we are engaged and have 3 children aged 14,6 and 5 yrs old. I am british born here and fiancee is nigerian
Congratulations!! Looks like this week is not so bad afterall :)

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm

You people said i should not withdraw my FLRo application.

My application is now going to 1 YEAR AND 6 MONTH

Application is base on Human Right, no British wife or child.

Last time i heard from UKBA was when they sent me letter to go seek asylum bcos my application look to them as if am seeking international protection, and they also said if i do not wish to seek asylum before the specified date, they will go ahead and decide my application base on Article 8 right. Since my solicitor gave them go ahead to decide on the Article 8 right as i do not wish to seek asylum.

Up till now i never hear from them

Should i give up and withdraw my application?

At least if they won't approve my application, i think i deserve to be treated fairly and let me know if YES or NO

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Last edited by ale001 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:54 pm

@johnny04 @rachelA

Congratulations to you both guys!! Well done!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:23 pm

You are all the best!!!
Congrats mate, happy for you!!!

God's Authority

Ale001

Post by God's Authority » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi Ale

Why do you want to withdraw your application?

First of all delay is not denial. You need to keep calm and think with a clear head. Sometimes I have heard that when people request a withdrawal of their application it gets approved but not everyone who plies that route will be lucky so you have to thread slowly.

Have you involved your MP? Perhaps the Ombudsman, I see a couple of people have contacted the Ombudsman and they have gotten good results.

At this point, perhaps that might be a last resort from you as it does not appear making a call or writing personally to inquire on the status of your application will yield much results.

Please just be patient, all the best.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:19 pm

rachelA wrote:Dear forum

background:
Congratulations....that was fast.....All the best