ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Davmck70

Re: Appeal and re submission at the same time

Post by Davmck70 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Farazjan wrote:Hi, have a question here,
Is it ok ? My wife is registered as self employe on the same address we living ?
yes

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Davmck70 wrote:
Is it ok ? My wife is registered as self employe on the same address we living ?
yes
Thank you very much

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:59 am

Farazjan wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:
yes
Thank you very much
So long it is an address you will be staying at for the next couple of months till the application is approved. also try to make an advertisement online or newspaper for whatever your wife does.

Athenawu
Newly Registered

Employment Status

Post by Athenawu » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi people, I would like some advices please.

I submitted my EEA2 application in January 2013, received COA with right to work in February, now am still waiting for the Resident Card.

I have found a new job recently, but my employer needs to confirm with the UKBA for my eligibility to work. The UKBA responded to my employer, saying that they don't have enough information to make a decision as to whether I can work in the UK or not.

I called them today, but was told that they don't answer case-specific questions and was asked to send a LETTER to Liverpool and ask them what information they need, as there is no email or phone number to contact them instead.

I find it extremely irritating, as no one has contacted me before asking for more information. Now I've found a job, they suddenly realised that they don't have enough information?

Does anyone know if there's any direct phone number I can call or email I can write to in order to know exactly what they are looking for? Or does anyone have any advice? I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
Athena

Davmck70

Re: Employment Status

Post by Davmck70 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Athenawu wrote:Hi people, I would like some advices please.

I submitted my EEA2 application in January 2013, received COA with right to work in February, now am still waiting for the Resident Card.

I have found a new job recently, but my employer needs to confirm with the UKBA for my eligibility to work. The UKBA responded to my employer, saying that they don't have enough information to make a decision as to whether I can work in the UK or not.

I called them today, but was told that they don't answer case-specific questions and was asked to send a LETTER to Liverpool and ask them what information they need, as there is no email or phone number to contact them instead.

I find it extremely irritating, as no one has contacted me before asking for more information. Now I've found a job, they suddenly realised that they don't have enough information?

Does anyone know if there's any direct phone number I can call or email I can write to in order to know exactly what they are looking for? Or does anyone have any advice? I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
Athena
Contact your MP via the link below and you will get a reply in minutes.
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
Alternative is to complain to the UKBA that they are violating an EU law that states the applications must be decided in 6 months. Remember to quote the dates you applied, date COA was received and also help them calculate the 6 months to date decision should have been made. You can complain via the addresses below. All the best

EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (europeanoperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAcustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk);

Athenawu
Newly Registered

Re: Employment Status

Post by Athenawu » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Update:

I just called the Employer Checking Service number 03001234699 and got to speak to an advisor. He told me that they are simply waiting for a response from the case worker and my employer will be informed sometime next week. Also, there is nothing I need to provide them with.

I find it appalling that a simple check on my eligibility to work would take them so long. And it seems that all helpline advisors are unable to help because all the information are with the "case worker", communication between departments is next to nothing.

Athenawu wrote:Hi people, I would like some advices please.

Thanks in advance,
Athena

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Does anyone know, if the HO take the fee regardless the decision? Say, if they decide to return the application, would they credit the bank account for 55 pounds?
Mean what you say, say what you mean

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Any body tell me plz email for sheffield office email, coz when I sent eea2 application to Liverpool n today I called them n the lady tol me my file is in sheffield , it bcoz my wife is romanian and I ant eea2 application ,
So I need to email them for progress and COA .
Thanks

tutu75
Newly Registered

Post by tutu75 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Dear all,

These are my wife' times:

Application: 14/02/2013
COA: 19/02/2013
RC: ????

Of course, nobody tells your anything when you phone. We have also requested her passport back like a month ago without news as well.

My question is the following. We are planning to go abroad on Christmas (assuming she receives her passport). How can she enter back to the UK if the RC has not been issued yet?

I will appreciate your advise.

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Will somebody please help me with my immigration situation. Overstayer status after EEA2 refusal. Thank you!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 563#920563

bigsale
Newly Registered

Post by bigsale » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 pm

fatefull wrote:Will somebody please help me with my immigration situation. Overstayer status after EEA2 refusal. Thank you!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 563#920563
can you explain better what this means "My spouse’s work circumstances then changed and we are no longer planning to be settled in the UK"

Thetruth007hmm
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007hmm » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Farazjan wrote:Any body tell me plz email for sheffield office email, coz when I sent eea2 application to Liverpool n today I called them n the lady tol me my file is in sheffield , it bcoz my wife is romanian and I ant eea2 application ,
Thanks
The same here mate, my wife is Romanian. I advise you not call them and ask them for progress. Once you have confirmed that the application is in Sheffield just wait for them to do their job. The recently sent me a letter acknowledging that they have received my application and been passed for case working so i am not supposed to ask them for progress or whatsoever. they also told me to travel until i have receive my resident permit.

It took me a week only for them to send me this letter since i made my application. So I am waiting. A letter doesn't say much though, to weather i should continue to work or not. Just says to wait and not to travel and dont call to ask for progress. They are quick now as it is a paid application

Thetruth007hmm
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007hmm » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Farazjan wrote:Any body tell me plz email for sheffield office email, coz when I sent eea2 application to Liverpool n today I called them n the lady tol me my file is in sheffield , it bcoz my wife is romanian and I ant eea2 application ,
Thanks
The same here mate, my wife is Romanian. I advise you not call them and ask them for progress. Once you have confirmed that the application is in Sheffield just wait for them to do their job. The recently sent me a letter acknowledging that they have received my application and been passed for case working so i am not supposed to ask them for progress or whatsoever. they also told me to travel until i have receive my resident permit.

It took me a week only for them to send me this letter since i made my application. So I am waiting. A letter doesn't say much though, to weather i should continue to work or not. Just says to wait and not to travel and dont call to ask for progress. They are quick now as it is a paid application

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Thetruth007hmm wrote:
Thanks

Can u plz tell me ur time line nae which form did u sent ?

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Thetruth007hmm wrote:
Thanks

I presume you meant "told me NOT to travel"

In my view this is a breach of our free movement rights to facilitate UKBA incompetence

Thetruth007hmm
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007hmm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Farazjan wrote:
Thetruth007hmm wrote:
Thanks
The same here mate, my wife is Romanian. I advise you not call them and ask them for progress. Once you have confirmed that the application is in Sheffield just wait for them to do their job. The recently sent me a letter acknowledging that they have received my application and been passed for case working so i am not supposed to ask them for progress or whatsoever. they also told me to travel until i have receive my resident p

Can u plz tell me ur time line nae which form did u sent ?
My time line is:
New re submission BR5 Sent(Sheffield/Durham : 18/09/2013
Received: 19/09/2013
CO received:26/09/2013 dated 23/09/2013

Got told to wait and not to travel until they issue my resident permit. Also not to ask for progress

wb00
Newly Registered

EEA2 Refused

Post by wb00 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Hey guys!
I received today a letter of refusal (dated 13th Sep) from the UKBA stating that my EEA2 was refused on the grounds that my wife (EEA National) did not provide enough evidence of self employment.
We have sent them her tax deductions (printed, because they can be done online) and copies of her national insurance and printed bank statement from the last 6 months (from the bank page).
They stated that she sould have sent the original tax deductions documents (which she cannot do, as she did it online), original invoices (which she has only online, as she e-mails them to her client) and an advert for her services, which she cannot provide as she has only one full time client.
What should we do then? Appeal and explain we do not have the original documents due to them being provided online? What about the advert, as she is not seeking employment as she already has a full time client?
I am starting a job tomorrow, which took me almost two months to find. Can I lose the job due to the refusal? Or I can still have it, as I have the right to appeal?
I would be really glad if someone could help me, as I am desperate because we are running out of money and she does not earn enough to support the both of us while the process is on.

EEA2 Applied: 6th Aug
Coa Issued: 17th Aug
Coa Received: 23th Aug
EEA2 Refused with right to appeal: 13th Sep
Refusal received: 01 Oct

bigsale
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Refused

Post by bigsale » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:27 pm

wb00 wrote:Hey guys!
I received today a letter of refusal (dated 13th Sep) from the UKBA stating that my EEA2 was refused on the grounds that my wife (EEA National) did not provide enough evidence of self employment.
We have sent them her tax deductions (printed, because they can be done online) and copies of her national insurance and printed bank statement from the last 6 months (from the bank page).
They stated that she sould have sent the original tax deductions documents (which she cannot do, as she did it online), original invoices (which she has only online, as she e-mails them to her client) and an advert for her services, which she cannot provide as she has only one full time client.
What should we do then? Appeal and explain we do not have the original documents due to them being provided online? What about the advert, as she is not seeking employment as she already has a full time client?
I am starting a job tomorrow, which took me almost two months to find. Can I lose the job due to the refusal? Or I can still have it, as I have the right to appeal?
I would be really glad if someone could help me, as I am desperate because we are running out of money and she does not earn enough to support the both of us while the process is on.

did you provide letter from accountant? as that would have helped your case

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:50 pm

bigsale wrote:

Hi bigsale,

We haven't because she does all by self assesment and it would be costly to hire an accountant just for that, as we are running out of money (I brought all my savings to the UK, but the exchange rate and cost of living is simply running me broke). If we provide the original registration as self employment, all the e-mails with invoices (and the invoices along with it), highlight the payments made by her client on the bank statements and a letter of reccomendation from her client along with a cover letter handwritten by her explaining her employment, will that be enough? She could work more days to support the both of us, but she is a live in carer and, if she did so, I wouldn't be able to see her very often, as it is already hard on us as she has only two weeks off every month, and I would get home after 7 if I have no problem to start my new job.

bigsale
Newly Registered

Post by bigsale » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:01 pm

wb00 wrote:
bigsale wrote:

Hi bigsale,

We haven't because she does all by self assesment and it would be costly to hire an accountant just for that, as we are running out of money (I brought all my savings to the UK, but the exchange rate and cost of living is simply running me broke). If we provide the original registration as self employment, all the e-mails with invoices (and the invoices along with it), highlight the payments made by her client on the bank statements and a letter of reccomendation from her client along with a cover letter handwritten by her explaining her employment, will that be enough? She could work more days to support the both of us, but she is a live in carer and, if she did so, I wouldn't be able to see her very often, as it is already hard on us as she has only two weeks off every month, and I would get home after 7 if I have no problem to start my new job.
i think you have a strong case if you apply for a reconsideration and appeal the case,and plz call hmrc to forward you a copy of all the document you dont have, they do that, i did it as well and they sent it within one week, home office woudnt really use a copy from the internet as a certified copy if you dont have the original

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi bigsale,

First of all, thank you for your replies.
We do have most of the documents they requested and we do have a strong case. The thing is, this job I got is really good and it would not come by easily again, so I am really worried.
I am not sure which alternative is the best. I am thinking of providing all the documentation of her self employment and send them for reconsideration instead of reapplying or appealing, which would cost us money and time (none which we have). If a reconsideration is hard to get and my employer is eager to wait (which I will find out tomorrow, as I don't know wether my employment check with the ukba was done, because I sent the documents to him 10 days ago), I should reapply, so I would have a fresh CoA and would be OK to be employed.
Based on that, I am kindly asking advice on how should I proceed, as I would have everything set the soonest.
My wife left 2 hours ago to the bank and HRMC to get a original bank statement and tax return, so that I could take action within 2 days tops.
I guess it would have been worse if my RC was refused on basis of our marriage.
They still have my passport. Would be a good move if I sent them the remaining documents along with the refusal letter for reconsideration? Would I have to send any addition documents, as they did not question our identity or our marriage in the refusal letter? They still have my passport with them, but returned all documents we submitted, including my wife's passport.

bigsale
Newly Registered

Post by bigsale » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:24 pm

wb00 wrote:Hi bigsale,

We do have most of the documents they requested and we do have a strong case. The thing is, this job I got is really good and it would not come by easily again, so I am really worried.
I am not sure which alternative is the best. I am thinking of providing all the documentation of her self employment and send them for reconsideration instead of reapplying or appealing, which would cost us money and time (none which we have). If a reconsideration is hard to get and my employer is eager to wait (which I will find out tomorrow, as I don't know wether my employment check with the ukba was done, because I sent the documents to him 10 days ago), I should reapply, so I would have a fresh CoA and would be OK to be employed.
Based on that, I am kindly asking advice on how should I proceed, as I would have everything set the soonest.
My wife left 2 hours ago to the bank and HRMC to get a original bank statement and tax return, so that I could take action within 2 days tops.
They still have my passport. Would be a good move if I sent them the remaining documents along with the refusal letter for reconsideration? Would I have to send any addition documents, as they did not question our identity or our marriage in the refusal letter? They still have my passport with them, but returned all documents we submitted, including my wife's passport.
i think it would be better to apply for reconsideration and before you do that i would like you to send a complaint right now to this email below and explain your plight to them,make sure you tell them they refuse you wrongly, one of them should be in contact with you within 2 days

EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (europeanoperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAcustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Kirsen.Ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (kirsen.ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Serena.Bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (serena.bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Steve.Long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (steve.long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Sonia.Dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (sonia.dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Rob.Whiteman@HomeOffice.GSI.Gov.UK (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk); EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (erec@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 pm

bigsale wrote:

i think it would be better to apply for reconsideration and before you do that i would like you to send a complaint right now to this email below and explain your plight to them,make sure you tell them they refuse you wrongly, one of them should be in contact with you within 2 days

EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (europeanoperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAcustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Kirsen.Ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (kirsen.ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Serena.Bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (serena.bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Steve.Long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (steve.long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Sonia.Dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (sonia.dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Rob.Whiteman@HomeOffice.GSI.Gov.UK (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk); EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (erec@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I fail to understand what's the point of firing emails at every direction (apart from releasing steam). Some of the people don't work in UKBA any more. Some addresses are for departments who has nothing to do with European applications. No one likes to get spam. I would imagine people working in the HO are the same.

bigsale
Newly Registered

Post by bigsale » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Jambo wrote:
bigsale wrote:

I fail to understand what's the point of firing emails at every direction (apart from releasing steam). Some of the people don't work in UKBA any more. Some addresses are for departments who has nothing to do with European applications. No one likes to get spam. I would imagine people working in the HO are the same.
Many people on this forum have done so and they were told to send back there document for reconsideration. im sorry for my mistakes. have a good night

Choi Saab

Post by Choi Saab » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Can anyone please tell me what's the procedure to request reconsideration. What documents to send, what address to send to and how to address the caseworker? Is the person who signed the refusal letter the caseworker ?

Thanx for any advice
EEA2 sent : 5-12-2012
COA w/right to work received : 2-01-2013
Refused w/right of appeal : 01-10-13
Parliamentary ombudsman got involved, asked for a review : Nov'13
RC received Dec'13