ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming joint working tax

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NaaNaa90

Claiming joint working tax

Post by NaaNaa90 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi all,

I want to know whether I can claim working tax credits jointly with my husband, who is here on a spouse Visa (he came last September).

I am currently working 9 hours a week and my husband is working with an agency whenever he's needed, so he doesn't have fixed working hours. However, he does work a minimum of 24 hours each week.

Can I claim WTC? Or will it affect my husbands application next year for ILR?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:45 am

You can make a joint tax credits claim if you are settled/British. If you have no children or disabilities, you'll have to be working at least 30 hrs per week.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:55 pm

D4109125 wrote:You can make a joint tax credits claim if you are settled/British. If you have no children or disabilities, you'll have to be working at least 30 hrs per week.
Thanks for your reply. :)

We have 1 child. So, it doesn't matter if my husband (who isn't a british citizen) is working more hours than me? i.e 24 hours while I work 9.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:16 pm

That's fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.