ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aljazair

naturalisation

Post by aljazair » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 am

hi, i been refused irish citizenship twise, :idea: [drug possision conviction] 9 years ago i payed the fine in time which is just 200 euro, now i want to apply again i need help to find a no expensive immigration solicitor. thanks[/b]

adelmurray

Re: naturalisation

Post by adelmurray » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 am

aljazair wrote:hi, i been refused irish citizenship twise, :idea: [drug possision conviction] 9 years ago i payed the fine in time which is just 200 euro, now i want to apply again i need help to find a no expensive immigration solicitor. thanks[/b]
could you be more specific regarding your refusals, when was the first refusal and the second one .
the reason i am asking is just to know if you were refused recently .

i can give you a name for a Good Immigration Solicitors in Dublin (Brophy solicitors in Parliament Street ) . but i doubt i they can do anything if your refusal was recent . however you still can apply again and hope for the best and keep praying . usually after your refusal you will need to leave it for a while and make sure that you do not Re-offend and that is how you demonstrate to them that you have been a clean slate since your last conviction 9 years ago .

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 am

[quote="adelmurray"][quote="aljazair"]hi, i been refused irish citizenship twise, :idea: [drug possision conviction] 9 years ago i payed the fine in time which is just 200 euro, now i want to apply again i need help to find a no expensive immigration solicitor. thanks[/b][/quote]

hi my first refuse was in 2007 and the second was in october 2012,please can you tell me how much around gona to cost me to applay thro a solicitore, thanks

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:16 pm

aljazair wrote:
adelmurray wrote:
aljazair wrote:hi, i been refused irish citizenship twise, :idea: [drug possision conviction] 9 years ago i payed the fine in time which is just 200 euro, now i want to apply again i need help to find a no expensive immigration solicitor. thanks[/b]
hi my first refuse was in 2007 and the second was in october 2012,please can you tell me how much around gona to cost me to applay thro a solicitore, thanks
Brophy charges around 1000 euros

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 pm

I dont think you need a cheap solicitor in this case, you need a good lawyer!.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:59 pm

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="aljazair"]hi, i been refused irish citizenship twise, :idea: [drug possision conviction] 9 years ago i payed the fine in time which is just 200 euro, now i want to apply again i need help to find a no expensive immigration solicitor. thanks[/b][/quote]
I dont think you need a cheap solicitor in this case, you need a good lawyer! hi, integratedmigrant, do you think my case is that mean i have a chance to get my application approved if i get a lawyer and can you tell me about a good lawyer please help and god reward you

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 pm

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="aljazair"]hi, i been refused irish citizenship twise, :idea: [drug possision conviction] 9 years ago i payed the fine in time which is just 200 euro, now i want to apply again i need help to find a no expensive immigration solicitor. thanks[/b][/quote]
I dont think you need a cheap solicitor in this case, you need a good lawyer! hi, integratedmigrant, do you think my case is that mean i have a chance to get my application approved if i get a lawyer and can you tell me about a good lawyer please help and god reward you

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 pm

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:33 pm

aljazair wrote:hi, integratedmigrant, do you think my case is that mean i have a chance to get my application approved if i get a lawyer and can you tell me about a good lawyer please help and god reward you
I cannot predict the outcome of your re-application as it depends. I was surprised that you was refused by the current administration which makes it harder to be granted!. If there is any administration that is lenient, its Alan Shatters' but then you were refused!.

I was also surprised by the fact its been 9 years now since you committed this offense but then refused. I suppose it was the nature of your offense that makes it difficult to grant you citizenship. i.e There is a difference between in possession to supply or in possession of drugs, and it depends on the amount found etc. I tend to judge people that know they might apply for citizenship in future and make mistakes like this!. You should have know that this will be a great hindrance to getting a citizenship?

If I should be very honest, despite applying from the best solicitor, it'll be a miracle to see your application granted, but you gotta try!. A good solicitor might help convience then that your life has changed for better since you committed this offense if your life has changed for better?

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 pm

i have only one conviction possision of drug for my own use not for sale and is nine years since i wen t to the court house . please give a good avocat contact if u know one,thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 pm

aljazair wrote:i have only one conviction possision of drug for my own use not for sale and is nine years since i wen t to the court house . please give a good avocat contact if u know one,thanks
I think you're unlucky that your application was refused again for just a conviction for drug poseession for own use which happened 9 years ago, but then I cannot blame them for anything since that is purely defined as someone without a good character. Can I ask you what drug that is? Because it sounds like a Class-A drugs as they call it. You can PM me!.

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 pm

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="aljazair"]i have only one conviction possision of drug for my own use not for sale and is nine years since i wen t to the court house . please give a good avocat contact if u know one,thanks[/quote]
I think you're unlucky that your application was refused again for just a conviction for drug poseession for own use which happened 9 years ago, but then I cannot blame them for anything since that is purely defined as someone without a good character. Can I ask you what drug that is? Because it sounds like a Class-A drugs as they call it. You can PM me!.[/quote] well is a 50 euro cost of hash thats all

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:09 pm

aljazair wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
aljazair wrote:i have only one conviction possision of drug for my own use not for sale and is nine years since i wen t to the court house . please give a good avocat contact if u know one,thanks
I think you're unlucky that your application was refused again for just a conviction for drug poseession for own use which happened 9 years ago, but then I cannot blame them for anything since that is purely defined as someone without a good character. Can I ask you what drug that is? Because it sounds like a Class-A drugs as they call it. You can PM me!.
well is a 50 euro cost of hash thats all
Your very unlucky!

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 am

hi everyone, please give any case that happen to you or a friend of ye he got same situation as me or like me[ conviction] long time and he was approved.thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:05 pm

aljazair wrote:well is a 50 euro cost of hash thats all
Well there are lots to prove to the INIS before your application could be granted.
In your application did you mention that it was for your own use, and that it was a 50 euro worth of harsh?

Again you did not prove to them that you have turned your life around because for all they know you havent stopped smoking harsh have you!?

You can prove this by going to a drug rehabilitation centre or whatever and completing a course there or something, I dont know. A good solicitor might be able to give you great advice about that. I dont know any solicitor so search around.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Slightly off topic, apologies.

One more post to go then my friend eh? Good luck with it

justme2
Newly Registered

Post by justme2 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:17 pm

@dalebutt, it looks like I am not the only one counting. His post. Waiting patiently. For our professor in citizenship application to leave the forum.

courny

Post by courny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Retirement time for Integrated Migrant!

mred1

Post by mred1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:13 pm

This is very sad. 1st, have you had any other arrests, convictions in the past? Anything minor? That may have contributed to the refusal. Also, what have you done for yourself, economic wise since you have arrived here? where you able to convince the judge the drugs was for "personal purposes"...if they felt it was for "intent to supply"...well that may have been recorded. Also, are you still using?
One thing I find difficult to understand is, most people refused citizenship will still have the rights of an Irish citizen, except the voting & moving abroad per sa. So, God forbid 'a man' is an addict, The state will still pay for his treatment, rehabilitation etc.
Then again, I guess if arrested on similar offence & serves time, he may now be 'deported'. I guess they want to leave room for that future deportation...so, they dont mind for you to have stamp 4 all the rest of your life...

As for integrated, Please let him be, without him, the forum will be dead. No prompt replies etc. He has been of great help & benefit to alot of people on this forum.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:40 pm

mred1 wrote:As for integrated, Please let him be, without him, the forum will be dead. No prompt replies etc. He has been of great help & benefit to alot of people on this forum.
Perhaps you can leave with him when he hits the 1000 post? And then watch the forum dead? This is a very big forum, you might not have known, you will do well to check how many sections are there in this forum, to say a forum will be dead when certain member hits their 1k limit of post not only make them laughable but you included.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:40 pm

dalebutt wrote:
mred1 wrote:As for integrated, Please let him be, without him, the forum will be dead. No prompt replies etc. He has been of great help & benefit to alot of people on this forum.
Perhaps you can leave with him when he hits the 1000 post? And then watch the forum dead? This is a very big forum, you might not have known, you will do well to check how many sections are there in this forum, to say a forum will be dead when certain member hits their 1k limit of post not only make them laughable but you included.
I meant the "Ireland" part of the forum. In fairness, how many posts have you contributed to? We all have our flaws, & maybe integrated can be full of himself sometimes..that doesn't make him irrelevant. He has assisted many people on here about their queries & deserves to be positively acknowledged for that...

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:31 pm

mred1 wrote:
dalebutt wrote:
I meant the "Ireland" part of the forum. In fairness, how many posts have you contributed to? We all have our flaws, & maybe integrated can be full of himself sometimes..that doesn't make him irrelevant. He has assisted many people on here about their queries & deserves to be positively acknowledged for that...
Am sorry mred1, I hadn't realise it was a contest, the likes of EUsmileweallsmile, likes of jambo, obie et al should have the rest of us bowing at their knees for helping a number of people more than us then?
He said he is leaving and we should beg him to stay because he is too relevant? or what exactly is your point mred1? Please am done talking about this, I wish you and him good luck as I suppose you will be joining him after the remaining one post

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:43 am

[quote="mred1"]This is very sad. 1st, have you had any other arrests, convictions in the past? Anything minor? That may have contributed to the refusal. Also, what have you done for yourself, economic wise since you have arrived here? where you able to convince the judge the drugs was for "personal purposes"...if they felt it was for "intent to supply"...well that may have been recorded. Also, are you still using?
One thing I find difficult to understand is, most people refused citizenship will still have the rights of an Irish citizen, except the voting & moving abroad per sa. So, God forbid 'a man' is an addict, The state will still pay for his treatment, rehabilitation etc.
Then again, I guess if arrested on similar offence & serves time, he may now be 'deported'. [b]I guess they want to leave room for that future deportation...so, they dont mind for you to have stamp 4 all the rest of your life...[/b]
[size=16][/size]
As for integrated, Please let him be, without him, the forum will be dead. No prompt replies etc. He has been of great help & benefit to alot of people on this forum.[/quote] hi i dont have an other conviction only one but i wasnt working in more than 5 years thats why . have a refuge statu and irish child born

mred1

Post by mred1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Aljazair hi i dont have an other conviction only one but i wasnt working in more than 5 years thats why . have a refuge statu and irish child born

My advice is, as a refugee...U are always safe...leave the citizenship application till 2014. Then find a good solicitor to assist you. I am certain you will be granted.....eventually. Like I said, they might be leaving room for you to re-offend, so they can deport you...Which is near to impossible as a refugee & a father of an Irish child...You will be granted, just be patient.

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 pm

[quote="mred1"]Aljazair [b]hi i dont have an other conviction only one but i wasnt working in more than 5 years thats why . have a refuge statu and irish child born[/b]

My advice is, as a refugee...U are always safe...leave the citizenship application till 2014. Then find a good solicitor to assist you. I am certain you will be granted.....eventually. Like I said, they might be leaving room for you to re-offend, so they can deport you...Which is near to impossible as a refugee & a father of an Irish child...You will be granted, just be patient.[/quote] / thanks for advise, if u dont mind asking u why until 2014 is any news i was thinking about new coming law for spent conviction any idea....? anyone