ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of apology for IS151A

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fonzi
Newly Registered

Letter of apology for IS151A

Post by fonzi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:40 am

Dear all,

I am in the process of filing an application for a working holiday maker. Can any one advice me on the inclusion of a letter of apology? This is how I have drafted my letter of apology. Any suggestions and advice will be very much appreciated as I am really sure what I've said in here will offend them.

PO Box KS9621
Kumasi.

The Consular
British High Commission
Accra

Dear Sir or Madam;

LETTER OF APOLOGY
I wish to express my deepest remorse for not abiding by all the rules under the Student Visa scheme whiles I was granted me leave to remain (LR) in the UK between 2002 and 2005. I did not overwork my hours on purpose. I did work more hours than I was supposed to and I believe the experience of being arrested and consequently deported has thought me a big lesson, and I have painfully learnt from it.

I really regret the unfortunate situation and I promise not to let this happen again.

Yours apologetically,
Last edited by fonzi on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Sounds a bit too magnanimous and condescending.

I suggest you stick to the facts, to the point and explain the reasons (I was there, did there then unfortunately, that happened, what happened next, etc.). Don't feel humbled. You don't owe any apology to the ECO.
What they would be interested is that you have all the documents to fulfil the criteria now. No matter what you say in your letter, you have to prove with facts (not words) that you won't breach your conditions again.
And don't give too much information without being asked for it. Have you been asked in an application form that you have been arrested?? No? Then don't volunteer this information.

The form will ask you if you were served with the IS151A. Yes you were. Just give the reason in one sentense - worked more hours that should, come up with the reason - explain it (temporary financial problems for example). That's it.

fonzi
Newly Registered

Thanks you are an angel

Post by fonzi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks Jeff,

I really like your advice and I will work on it and definitely let you know how it all went.

Thanks bro. Safe.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Unfortunately WHM Visas are impossible to get unless you are from the 'old -'white'- commonwealth countries - i.e Kiwi, Ozzy, Canadian and SA.
Where there is a will there is a way.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:05 pm

Chess wrote:Unfortunately WHM Visas are impossible to get unless you are from the 'old -'white'- commonwealth countries - i.e Kiwi, Ozzy, Canadian and SA.
Hmmn! Since when mate? Is it a recent rule or just judging by the numbers? Or it is FCO/HO/BHC Policy now?

Elaboration would help Chess! :wink:
Praise The Lord!!!!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:52 pm

jes2jes wrote:
Chess wrote:
Hmmn! Since when mate? Is it a recent rule or just judging by the numbers? Or it is FCO/HO/BHC Policy now?

Purely based on experience and realities

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:30 pm

Chess wrote:
jes2jes wrote:
Chess wrote:

I am a 'black' Commonwealth National and I never had such experience when applying for one during my time and all the folks who had one also had a smooth ride (only if you met the conditions). I thought those days they might just be given them away to meet their 'quota'. I don't know for sure though if the UK has a quato system for Visas.

It might be a recent phenomenon since things change daily these days.
Praise The Lord!!!!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:50 pm

jes2jes wrote:
Chess wrote:
jes2jes wrote:
Chess wrote:

I am a 'black' Commonwealth National and I never had such experience when applying for one during my time and all the folks who had one also had a smooth ride (only if you met the conditions). I thought those days they might just be given them away to meet their 'quota'. I don't know for sure though if the UK has a quato system for Visas.

It might be a recent phenomenon since things change daily these days.
I could be wrong - which country did you apply from to qualify for a WHM Visa?. the majority of Visas tend to be given to austraians, canadians and Kiwis!!!....................