ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Congrats johnny04 and rachelA. All the best to you.

Sweetypie

Re: Approval

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Fayvritt wrote:
johnny04 wrote:Hello guys,

I am writing to inform you that we received my wife's approval letter this morning after almost 2 years of battle. She was initially refused in July 2013 on the basis that we did not include my 2 kids british passport. We reapplied at the end of August 2013 including the kids' british passports. The HO sent us a letter on 19 September 2013 requesting for more documents to prove that myself, my wife and kids all leave together at the same address for the past 2 years. We submitted more docs and was received by HO on Monday 23 September 2013. We received the approval letter today and BRP to follow.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

You are all the best!!!
Congrats mate, happy for you!!!
Congratulations. Do a dance woop woop
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:39 pm

rachelA wrote:Dear forum
Just wanted to let everyone know our good news. We have received BRP today and an extension of DL for 3 years! All thanks to God. We are very relieved. Please keep fighting on my brothers and sisters I will keep you all in my prayers. i will post a timeline below

first 3 yrs DL expired on the 19/8/13
appplied on form FLR(O) on the 16/8/13
documents sent back because of invalid payment 31/8/13
resent new flr o form on 2/9/13 ( with a strong letter warning them not to consider my application as out of time quoting Basnet)
biometric letter came on 15/9 done on the same day
granted 3 yrs dl and BRP card arrived today

background:
we are engaged and have 3 children aged 14,6 and 5 yrs old. I am british born here and fiancee is nigerian
Bravo!!! A big conratulations. Your timeline is Gog given

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Just found out I've been denied, I applied on the basis of a child in the UK. Haven't read the paperwork yet so I don't know the actual reason for it yet. But I have been in the UK for a year and a half, a year of that waiting on my application. My british husband supports me and our son who was born here and we don't collect any benefits. I have the right to appeal... And I was wondering those who've been denied and have appealed how long they've been waiting?

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Just found out I've been denied, I applied on the basis of a child in the UK. Haven't read the paperwork yet so I don't know the actual reason for it yet. But I have been in the UK for a year and a half, a year of that waiting on my application. My british husband supports me and our son who was born here and we don't collect any benefits. I have the right to appeal... And I was wondering those who've been denied and have appealed how long they've been waiting?

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:23 pm

smatts07 wrote:Just found out I've been denied, I applied on the basis of a child in the UK. Haven't read the paperwork yet so I don't know the actual reason for it yet. But I have been in the UK for a year and a half, a year of that waiting on my application. My british husband supports me and our son who was born here and we don't collect any benefits. I have the right to appeal... And I was wondering those who've been denied and have appealed how long they've been waiting?

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013
Hi Smatts07, the denial was the beginning on good news for me. I was kept waiting from March 2008 - Dec 2009, almost 2 years
appealed January, won at Tribunal in March.... after haggling from my MP who is a minister, she wrote in Aug they sent my visa a month later. cheeky buggers claimed my file had not reached my case worker
fight the good fight. God is on your side. you will Win

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm

nilemarques wrote:Congrats johnny04 and rachelA. All the best to you.
Congratulations
Your expectation will manifest very soon

hatsuku

Re: Hi

Post by hatsuku » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:07 pm

masi_almasi wrote:
hatsuku wrote:I am new to the forum, as a registered member, but i am an old member as a reader and follower.

i would like to join you in this journey.

my timeline is as follow:

17 april 2013: sent the flo (0) application
20 may: done the biometric
10 june: request for more documents
20 june: refusal, with right to appeal
1 july: sent the appeal application to immigration tribunal.
and still waiting for an appointment for the hearing :(

congratulations to all those who got the good news.

and prayers for those who are waiting.

x

Hi,

So are you working at the moment? Can you carry on working during the appeal period?

Such hard times
no, i am not working at the moment, i resigned from work in May for personal reasons. my work place was happy to keep me working.

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 pm

hatchsead wrote:@elastep, thanks for the support, i sure hope so too.

@Khaldoon, my gut feeling will be yes, apply once you clock 6 years, the 14 months is not your fault and you had not overstayed. They just couldn't get their act together.
It is well!

Same thing happen to me, it took HO 13 months to grant my extension for July this year, i wrote a letter to them for me to know the best time to apply for indefinite,i was told by the HO that the 13 months waiting won't be counted towards the indefinite

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:39 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hi Everyone

Just thought to log in and perhaps cheer everyone up irrespective of whatever.

To everyone who has been granted, congratulations and enjoy your new phase of life. To everyone who has not recieved that much needed news I do have good news for you, You are not forgotten, God knows your name. Go ahead and fight the battle and you will emerge victorious. Things might seem this way now but sooner than you think you will look back and smile telling good stories of how faithful God has been to you. The days of lack will be restored in multiple folds and you will be givers and lenders and not borrowers by the special grace of God. Remember that even in the midst of nothing God provided food and drink for the israelites in the wilderness,please do not falter or lose hope no matter what, all thing MUST work together for good to those that love and trust God.

I cannot begin to mention names as everyone here as being so wonderful but please remain strong in the lord because he will come true for you,amen.

For the many millions of people still waiting, you must begin to believe the report of God, begin to prophesy whatever it is you want to hear from the home office, we are at their mercy obviously but they are also at the mercy of God, the one who has the hearts of kings and princes in his hands and turneth it as he wishes. How much more the case workers. He will cause them to favour us all and turn around any intended negativity into positivity,amen.

I am also waiting and I can only keep trusting in God because he promised me that my trust in him will not be in vain and so it is for everyone of us too.

Am so sorry if this is too long but please be of good cheer everyone, we will all rejoice sooner or later.

Also waiting since October and I know it will not be much longer now till October applicants start recieving their good news since September applicants have started recieving feedback on their application.

I wish us all good health and happiness.

Thank you all for reading.
I wish you in turn many blessings for you and your family. thank you for the encouragement.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:53 pm

Daniel97 wrote:

@Khaldoon, my gut feeling will be yes, apply once you clock 6 years, the 14 months is not your fault and you had not overstayed. They just couldn't get their act together.
It is well!

Same thing happen to me, it took HO 13 months to grant my extension for July this year, i wrote a letter to them for me to know the best time to apply for indefinite,i was told by the HO that the 13 months waiting won't be counted towards the indefinite
Rachel A and Johnny04 congrats.

Danile97 & Khaldoon, that's unfortunate and harsh. I hope you get granted your ILR in the end

Smatts07 I am sorry to hear of the refusal, You have right of appeal, it's a case of someone being foolish in the home office I hope the courts overturn the decision. All the best dear.

Hi Yummymummy3j, Verbina, CrystalNewbie, Kukuwife,Sweetypie, Hatchsead & Nilemarques(I am sorry for the delay I have not forgot) and Dapsonlee my brother where art thou?

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:06 pm

I am writing to inform you that we received my wife's approval letter this morning after almost 2 years of battle. She was initially refused in July 2013 on the basis that we did not include my 2 kids british passport. We reapplied at the end of August 2013 including the kids' british passports. The HO sent us a letter on 19 September 2013 requesting for more documents to prove that myself, my wife and kids all leave together at the same address for the past 2 years. We submitted more docs and was received by HO on Monday 23 September 2013. We received the approval letter today and BRP to follow.

You are all the best!!!
Hi Johnny,

Glad to know your wife has been granted. I will like you to help me with few questions.

1. Did you include just your kids birth certificate in the application initial application that got refused and not the British passport? I'm asking because I only included my child's birth certificate in my application as she's yet to get her British passport.
2. When your wife was refused, was she given an appeal or just refusal with no appeal.
2a. If she was refused with no appeal, how were you able to apply again as the HO quite often withholds the passport once an applicant has been refused with no right of appeal.

Apology for my lengthy questions, just a bit perplexed. Hope to get a reply, thanks.

kunzlek
Newly Registered

DL on private life

Post by kunzlek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:26 pm

hello everyone
Last edited by kunzlek on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kunzlek
Newly Registered

DL on private life

Post by kunzlek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 pm

I would like to say congratulations to everyone who has been granted, and enjoy your new phase of life. To whoever who is waiting or the news is not good @ the moment, my prayer for you is that God in his infinite mercies grant us our heart desire.
I was just introduced to this forum by a friend, and I find it really helpful, thanks to you guys encouraging and giving a piece of advice.
Been living in the country illegally for over 7years,I applied on a private life july 2012, on DL, my partner is on HP and she was pregnant during that period, gave birth in Jan 2013, sent Birth Cert to HO, received Bio letter in Feb. HO sent a letter July 2013 asking for more docs, unfortunately application was refused the following week cos, I could not provide evidence that we’ve lived together 2 years prior to the application, since I didn’t have any, but I registered on the electoral register list on the same address for 2 that 2 yr period. Meanwhile, my solicitor advised to send in PAP for a JR, which we did, but they are yet to respond to that, solicitor said JR can take more than 6 months and it’s quite expensive. So, my solicitor advised to send in a new application, Guys, please I need your advice.
Thanks

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:32 pm

[quote="Believe2013"][quote="Daniel97"][quote="hatchsead"]@elastep, thanks for the support, i sure hope so too.

It is well![/quote]

Same thing happen to me, it took HO 13 months to grant my extension for July this year, i wrote a letter to them for me to know the best time to apply for indefinite,i was told by the HO that the 13 months waiting won't be counted towards the indefinite[/quote]

Danile97 & Khaldoon, that's unfortunate and harsh. I hope you get granted your ILR in the end

Smatts07 I am sorry to hear of the refusal, You have right of appeal, it's a case of someone being foolish in the home office I hope the courts overturn the decision. All the best dear.

Hi Yummymummy3j, Verbina, CrystalNewbie, Kukuwife,Sweetypie, Hatchsead & Nilemarques(I am sorry for the delay I have not forgot) and Dapsonlee my brother where art thou?[/quote]

Hi Believe2013! Hope you're doing ok? It's all good. No rush.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
Daniel97 wrote:

It is well!

Hi Yummymummy3j, Verbina, CrystalNewbie, Kukuwife,Sweetypie, Hatchsead & Nilemarques(I am sorry for the delay I have not forgot) and Dapsonlee my brother where art thou?

@Believe2013, Thanks bro! am doing good and still hanging in there. My will which they are unable to take away is still pulling me through. It is well
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:22 pm

@Khaldoon, johnny04 and rachelA
Congratulations and enjoy the peace of mind.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:27 pm

smatts07 wrote:Just found out I've been denied, I applied on the basis of a child in the UK. Haven't read the paperwork yet so I don't know the actual reason for it yet. But I have been in the UK for a year and a half, a year of that waiting on my application. My british husband supports me and our son who was born here and we don't collect any benefits. I have the right to appeal... And I was wondering those who've been denied and have appealed how long they've been waiting?

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013
@smatts07
So very sorry to hear about your refusal. Take heart be strong and don't give up.
Last edited by elastep on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Re: DL on private life

Post by ontothenext » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 pm

kunzlek wrote:I would like to say congratulations to everyone who has been granted, and enjoy your new phase of life. To whoever who is waiting or the news is not good @ the moment, my prayer for you is that God in his infinite mercies grant us our heart desire.
I was just introduced to this forum by a friend, and I find it really helpful, thanks to you guys encouraging and giving a piece of advice.
Been living in the country illegally for over 7years,I applied on a private life july 2012, on DL, my partner is on HP and she was pregnant during that period, gave birth in Jan 2013, sent Birth Cert to HO, received Bio letter in Feb. HO sent a letter July 2013 asking for more docs, unfortunately application was refused the following week cos, I could not provide evidence that we’ve lived together 2 years prior to the application, since I didn’t have any, but I registered on the electoral register list on the same address for 2 that 2 yr period. Meanwhile, my solicitor advised to send in PAP for a JR, which we did, but they are yet to respond to that, solicitor said JR can take more than 6 months and it’s quite expensive. So, my solicitor advised to send in a new application, Guys, please I need your advice.
Thanks
Just out of curiosity, did you send the Birth Cert yourself or did home office request it? Did they acknowledge they received it?

Just wondering if one can send an additional document after one has sent an application without home office requesting it.

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:37 pm

ontothenext wrote:

You are all the best!!!
Hi Johnny,

Glad to know your wife has been granted. I will like you to help me with few questions.

1. Did you include just your kids birth certificate in the application initial application that got refused and not the British passport? I'm asking because I only included my child's birth certificate in my application as she's yet to get her British passport.
2. When your wife was refused, was she given an appeal or just refusal with no appeal.
2a. If she was refused with no appeal, how were you able to apply again as the HO quite often withholds the passport once an applicant has been refused with no right of appeal.

Apology for my lengthy questions, just a bit perplexed. Hope to get a reply, thanks.
Hello ontothenext,

I will advise that you go and start processing your child's British passport becos they may ask for it. Now to your questions...

1. I only included my kids' birth certificates in the first application becos I have not obtained their British passports at the time of application. They requested for the children's british passports before they made a decision on the first application but I could not produce those passports in time becos the time they gave me was very short. So they refused.

2. Refused and no right of appeal

2a. My wife did not include any passport with any of the applications when applying. Her passport has been lost very long time ago. We are now in the process of applying for a new passport for her now that she has been granted.

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 pm

johnny04 wrote:
ontothenext wrote:

You are all the best!!!
Hi Johnny,

Hello ontothenext,

I will advise that you go and start processing your child's British passport becos they may ask for it. Now to your questions...

1. I only included my kids' birth certificates in the first application becos I have not obtained their British passports at the time of application. They requested for the children's british passports before they made a decision on the first application but I could not produce those passports in time becos the time they gave me was very short. So they refused.

2a. My wife did not include any passport with any of the applications when applying. Her passport has been lost very long time ago. We are now in the process of applying for a new passport for her now that she has been granted.
Thanks for the swift reply. Did you not consider sending them your British passport then and explaining that You are a British and that would automatically make your children British or you sent your passport along with the application? Just asking as I don't have any sort of relationship with my kid mother which would of course make it a bit difficult trying to process my child's passport.

kunzlek
Newly Registered

Re: DL on private life

Post by kunzlek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:20 pm

ontothenext wrote:
kunzlek wrote:I would like to say congratulations to everyone who has been granted, and enjoy your new phase of life. To whoever who is waiting or the news is not good @ the moment, my prayer for you is that God in his infinite mercies grant us our heart desire.
Thanks
Just out of curiosity, did you send the Birth Cert yourself or did home office request it? Did they acknowledge they received it?

Just wondering if one can send an additional document after one has sent an application without home office requesting it

Ontothenext,
The first time I sent the birth certificate, they didn't request for it and never acknowledged it, but I only sent it to update them. It was later they requested for further documents, which the birth cert/passport for the child was asked for.

ale001

Re: Ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:54 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hi Ale

Why do you want to withdraw your application?

First of all delay is not denial. You need to keep calm and think with a clear head. Sometimes I have heard that when people request a withdrawal of their application it gets approved but not everyone who plies that route will be lucky so you have to thread slowly.

Have you involved your MP? Perhaps the Ombudsman, I see a couple of people have contacted the Ombudsman and they have gotten good results.

At this point, perhaps that might be a last resort from you as it does not appear making a call or writing personally to inquire on the status of your application will yield much results.

Please just be patient, all the best.
Thanks

I've My MP is involved but his caseworker refused to respond for months now. I have contacted the Ombudsman like 3 times, they never respond. So i'm considering withdrawal as am really confused now! My application is going to 1 year and 6 month now. :(
Ale001

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:30 am

ontothenext wrote:
johnny04 wrote:
ontothenext wrote:

You are all the best!!!
Hi Johnny,

Hello ontothenext,

Thanks for the swift reply. Did you not consider sending them your British passport then and explaining that You are a British and that would automatically make your children British or you sent your passport along with the application? Just asking as I don't have any sort of relationship with my kid mother which would of course make it a bit difficult trying to process my child's passport.
Yes I sent my passport with the application but my children were not automatic british citizen from birth because they were born in the UK before I had my settlement (ILR) so I had to first of all apply for their registration as a British citizen before applying for their passport.

Don't worry keep your fingers crossed and let's hope for the best.

I wish you well.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Ale001

Post by GodGives » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:45 am

ale001 wrote:
God's Authority wrote:Hi Ale

Why do you want to withdraw your application?

First of all delay is not denial. You need to keep calm and think with a clear head. Sometimes I have heard that when people request a withdrawal of their application it gets approved but not everyone who plies that route will be lucky so you have to thread slowly.

Have you involved your MP? Perhaps the Ombudsman, I see a couple of people have contacted the Ombudsman and they have gotten good results.

At this point, perhaps that might be a last resort from you as it does not appear making a call or writing personally to inquire on the status of your application will yield much results.

Please just be patient, all the best.

Thanks

I've My MP is involved but his caseworker refused to respond for months now. I have contacted the Ombudsman like 3 times, they never respond. So i'm considering withdrawal as am really confused now! My application is going to 1 year and 6 month now. :(
Ale don't withdraw have u called Ho by urself? Call mp again and omburdsman. Keep trying pls
Godgives