ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eli
Newly Registered

Rejected tier 2 visa

Post by eli » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:52 am

Hi, my tier 2 visa application was refused and my documents (passport Mpharm cert) has been retained.

I am a pre-reg pharmacist and the reason of refusal was the salary hourly rate is below the minimum for my job. This is because although my annual salary meet the requirement of 20300 pounds, my boss wrote 41.3 working hour per week, so if they calculate by 39 hours per week i wont make enough a year.

I would like to make a new application instead of appealing, since it was my boss's mistake and he said he can change the working hour to 39 hours per week.

But is it possible to reapply without my documents?

My tier4 student visa is going to expire on 19/10/13

Please reply me, any help is appreciated

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 am

For the re-application you will need a new CoS. Check if your sponsor has an allocation available, if not they should apply for one asap.

Once the new CoS has been assigned apply asap and before the expiry of your current leave. You may get your documents back from the HO but if when you apply they still haven't been returned list them and say on the application form that they are with the HO.

You may wish to go for a priority application or a PEO appointment because you will not be able to start work before your application is approved.

At section E10 of the application form explain that the reason for the previous refusal was a mistake by your sponsor re. hours of work.

eli
Newly Registered

Post by eli » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi thank you for the reply.
I will talk to the sponser about the new CoS.

My documents (passport and graduation cert are bring retained
and they did not mention when are they gonna be returned.
So do I just apply a fresh application with a cover letter saying that
The documents are with them?
Is there a time limit to do so?

Thank you for the help

eli
Newly Registered

Post by eli » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Sorry I missed out a ques, can I reapply straight away
without concerning the appeal issue?
Just ignore that and apply a new application

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:20 pm

if you don't appeal you can re-apply as soon as you have the CoS.

Re. the documents, write a covering letter but also note on the application form what the supporting documents are and where they are (the HO)

ann771

Post by ann771 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:23 am

Hi eli

Does that hour 41.3 inclues the lunch break?

eli
Newly Registered

Post by eli » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 am

Hi ann 771,

Yea the 41.3 included my lunch break.
Since we wont be paid for lunch break hours so that's why my hourly rate is
incorrect.

ann771

Post by ann771 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 am

Your total working hours should be 41.3 Less lunch hours for a week

clearly your total hours have been overstated

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Your situation has got me worried as well! My boss wrote in £20300 as my salary (which is the minimum required for a PhD-level job) and my working hours as 42! I only applied last week, hope I had seen your post earlier!

ann771

Post by ann771 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:56 pm

hi ShrutiBlue

your application will be rejected unfortunately

you better prepare now, what needs to be done after a rejection.

Does the 42 includes lunch break though?

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Yeah, 42 hours include an hour of lunch break daily. Isn't there anything I can do before they decide? Fill up the Change in Circumstances form maybe and mention my changed work hours?

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 pm

If 42 includes 1 hour daily lunch break, your actual working hours is 42-5=37, which is what your employer should have put in the sms.

I think your employer could definitely write a covering letter, which might solve it.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 am

Thanks ajek01, that gives me some hope!

rohithnair
Newly Registered

Post by rohithnair » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:54 am

I was also in a similar situation, but UKBA contacted my office to confirm this and my employer changed it to 37.5

You could contact the case worker and provide the clarification.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:06 am

Did you contact them initially somehow or did they contact you on their own? I'm planning to send them a letter. I haven't received a biometrics letter yet so don't think my application has gone to a case worker yet!

rohithnair
Newly Registered

Post by rohithnair » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:24 pm

I don't think you can reapply without the documents because the application might go to a different case worker altogether; which might lead to unwanted delays.

I don't know much about re-appeals; so I am not commenting on that part.

Your best option (IMO):

1. Wait for the letter from UKBA.

2.Reapply once you got all the documents; because it was a mistake from your side by sending the incorrect details.

3. As @manci has mentioned the priority Tier 2 application seems to be a good option. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -priority/

This wasn't in place when I applied..Sigh!!

I think , this has definitely gone through a case worker and its surprising they rejected this for a simple mistake (as far as tier 2 applicants are concerned); without asking for any clarification.

Write a cover letter stating your visa expiry date and include the details.

IMPORTANT:- Please remember to send it as a registered one , so that you will be able to track this to their doorstep.
Best of luck

Sofyasubbotina
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Sofyasubbotina » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 pm

manci wrote:For the re-application you will need a new CoS. Check if your sponsor has an allocation available, if not they should apply for one asap.

Once the new CoS has been assigned apply asap and before the expiry of your current leave. You may get your documents back from the HO but if when you apply they still haven't been returned list them and say on the application form that they are with the HO.

You may wish to go for a priority application or a PEO appointment because you will not be able to start work before your application is approved.

At section E10 of the application form explain that the reason for the previous refusal was a mistake by your sponsor re. hours of work.
Hey, I am in a very similar situation- my documents (passports, police registration) are being retained at the moment, and I already applied for the Premium service. I stated on the application where the documents are, but it only gave me that option for the passports, not the police registration. Do I mention it in the cover letter or is it best to request it back and hope it makes it here on time?

Please help!!!