ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msjuv
Newly Registered

Post by msjuv » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Derivaz, it's all booked now, they needed a reference number from the invitation letter I received and asked to bring it with me. The approval letter never reached me.
Good luck to you all guys

Post by 2321 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Derivaz wrote:
2321 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
msjuv wrote:I got my citizenship invitation this morning, dated 23.09.2013.
As I understand, there was meant to be an approval letter first but it was probably lost in the post. I don't know if my email enquiring about the progress helped somehow. I hope everyone waiting gets some news soon.
Can you book without the approval letter? i heard you need to have the approval letter first.
Derivaz any update?😊
Regarding my decision letter? no nothing, just tesco vouchers the other day lol, you?

Me? boiler repair quote from British gas in a brown envelope.😄

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:34 pm

msjuv wrote:Derivaz, it's all booked now, they needed a reference number from the invitation letter I received and asked to bring it with me. The approval letter never reached me.
Good luck to you all guys
It depends on the council i guess..... congrats anyway

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 pm

2321 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
2321 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
Can you book without the approval letter? i heard you need to have the approval letter first.
Derivaz any update?😊
Regarding my decision letter? no nothing, just tesco vouchers the other day lol, you?

Me? boiler repair quote from British gas in a brown envelope.😄
Ha ha that's worse than mine lol

I don't know if we will ever receive a brown letter from the HO haha

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Good to have boiler serviced before winter :D

Derivaz, 2321 we are here to support you... :)

When I booked my ceremony, council didn't ask anything, just confirmed my address and send invitation in email.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 pm

neoseal wrote:Good to have boiler serviced before winter :D

When I booked my ceremony, council didn't ask anything, just confirmed my address and send invitation in email.
We need plenty of support neoseal haha

alright, it seems like each council is different then; my pal didn't get any invitation by email or mail, just the approval letter from the HO

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Ya they councils have different process. My council does not do private ceremony.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:50 am

neoseal wrote:Ya they councils have different process. My council does not do private ceremony.
just to make it a bit more confusing hehe.

Post by 2321 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:21 am

Just received my approval letter😄😄😄😄hope every one waiting get soon.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:37 am

2321 wrote:

bloody hell; everyone's getting it, except me.... weird, since mine was quite straight forward. When did you submit it?

Borello
Newly Registered

Post by Borello » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi very one I have applied on the 10 of July and I'm still waiting can any one advice me what to do please every one who applied after me seems to got it

Post by 2321 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:11 pm

Derivaz wrote:
2321 wrote:

bloody hell; everyone's getting it, except me.... weird, since mine was quite straight forward. When did you submit it?
I made my application on 4th June.
I understand how the waiting kills but patience pays and hopefully i might get in a weeks time☺️☺️☺️

Borello
Newly Registered

Post by Borello » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

I hope so there is no post today so I have to wait till Saturday I did send them in email last night and I'm waiting for a reply :)

orioza
Newly Registered

Different wording to other people

Post by orioza » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:54 pm

I applied 19 July and have been hoping for a decision every day since then. I finally gave in and contacted the Nationality Progress email.

The email I got back within a day is the following:

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked our records and can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application. The decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision letter by 11th October, please contact us again.

Unfortunately, I am unable to disclose the decision by email.

Kind regards,

XXX XXXXXX | Customer Service Advisor"

Why do I have a now in my letter? I made it bold. Everybody else did no have this now.

It looks like they always just add 2 weeks to the date of the email.

Any comments? To me it sounds like I have to brace for bad news.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:07 pm

2321 wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
2321 wrote:

I made my application on 4th June.
I understand how the waiting kills but patience pays and hopefully i might get in a weeks time☺️☺️☺️
ah ok, so you had been waiting a lot longer than me; congrats :)

It's not that the waiting is killing me; theoretically, I don't need it and I can travel in the meantime too, but the thing is that I'm going to buy property and start looking for a new job within my company, but I don't want to do it until I get a BC result, because if it's refused I'll move to another country; I can't see any reason why I would be refused, but you never know with the HO and I wouldn't want to live in a country that doesn't accept me as a citizen, so I want to wait until I get the decision letter....

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Borello wrote:Hi very one I have applied on the 10 of July and I'm still waiting can any one advice me what to do please every one who applied after me seems to got it
I applied on the 22nd and haven't got it yet; all you can do is wait and email them every 2 or 4 weeks or so; that's about it.

Derivaz

Re: Different wording to other people

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:15 pm

orioza wrote:I applied 19 July and have been hoping for a decision every day since then. I finally gave in and contacted the Nationality Progress email.

The email I got back within a day is the following:

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked our records and can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application. The decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision letter by 11th October, please contact us again.

Unfortunately, I am unable to disclose the decision by email.

Kind regards,

XXX XXXXXX | Customer Service Advisor"

Why do I have a now in my letter? I made it bold. Everybody else did no have this now.

It looks like they always just add 2 weeks to the date of the email.

Any comments? To me it sounds like I have to brace for bad news.
That's good news; at least yours have been decided; it doesn't mean anything; it could be good or bad news, but at least you know you will find out in a couple of weeks.

HO letters take extremely long, my guess is that it gets stuck in some internal department before being sent out, because most 2nd class letter arrive in 2 days...

Let us know when you find out

orioza
Newly Registered

Decision made

Post by orioza » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah its stressful. They kind of spoil the excitement of finally knowing, by taking so long after receiving a kings ransom!

Its like you have to put your life on hold......

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:45 pm

dude u will have ur letter on monday now bold or not ;)

Derivaz

Re: Decision made

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:03 pm

orioza wrote:Yeah its stressful. They kind of spoil the excitement of finally knowing, by taking so long after receiving a kings ransom!

It doesn't make sense to me; in my opinion it should all be in a tool and people should be able to track the progress of their application, but they don't want transparency, because people would be able to complain and from what I've heard, it's an extremely messy organisation....

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:04 pm

njoy1987 wrote:dude u will have ur letter on monday now bold or not ;)
Ha ha, one day you'll be right hehehe

orioza
Newly Registered

Re: Decision made

Post by orioza » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Derivaz wrote:
orioza wrote:Yeah its stressful. They kind of spoil the excitement of finally knowing, by taking so long after receiving a kings ransom!

It doesn't make sense to me; in my opinion it should all be in a tool and people should be able to track the progress of their application, but they don't want transparency, because people would be able to complain and from what I've heard, it's an extremely messy organisation....
I would have paid £50 extra to track it online. Your comment made me imagine such a system and in it I was pressing the refresh button every second!

orioza
Newly Registered

Saturday delivery

Post by orioza » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:43 pm

njoy1987 wrote:dude u will have ur letter on monday now bold or not ;)
Don't jinx it mate. I was hoping for a letter tomorrow. I checked 2nd class is delivered on Saturday's. :)

Borello
Newly Registered

Post by Borello » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm still waiting too can u please tell me what email adress u used to contact them and what did u write in ur email thank you

orioza
Newly Registered

Post by orioza » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Borello wrote:I'm still waiting too can u please tell me what email adress u used to contact them and what did u write in ur email thank you
I got this from somebody else on this board. So thanks to them. Here it is:

To: nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Subject: Nationality application progress

Dear Sir or Madam,

Could you kindly advise me on the status of my application (ref. no. [MXXXXXXX])? If no decision has been made yet then please advise me if my application has at least been assigned to a case worker.

My details are:
Name: [Mr Harry Potter]
DOB: [31/07/1980]
Address: [The Cupboard under the Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey, GU1 1QS]
Reference no: [MXXXXXXX]

Regards,
[Harry Potter]

Please remember to replace all information in []'s with your own info ;)

I first sent it without my details and got a reply back 5 hours later saying that due to the Data Protection Act they require additional information from me.

The second email also took +-5 hours although both only arrived the day after I sent it. So I would guess if you send it now. You will have a reply by lunchtime Monday.

Good luck!