ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR tips...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerq

ILR tips...

Post by rogerq » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:50 pm

my wife is on a 2 year spouse visa and we are trying to collect evidence for her ILR application. does anyone have any suggestions or advice regarding this?
british telecom have insisted that they cannot have 2 names on their billing statements, i hope our local council and energy suppliers are more accomodating....

music
Newly Registered

Re: ILR tips...

Post by music » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 pm

rogerq wrote:my wife is on a 2 year spouse visa and we are trying to collect evidence for her ILR application. does anyone have any suggestions or advice regarding this?
british telecom have insisted that they cannot have 2 names on their billing statements, i hope our local council and energy suppliers are more accomodating....
IT SEEMS YOU ARE GOING TO PREPARE WELL ADVANCED. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT . WHEN I APPLIED MINE. WE ONLY HAVE ONE JOINT BANK ACCOUT SHOW BOTH OUR NAMES ON IT. NOTHING ELSE. OTHERS ARE ALL SEPARATE NAMES BUT SAME ADDRESS. JUST KEEP ALL THE BILLS,BANK STATEMENTS, ECT. YOU WILL BE OK.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:04 pm

You can have both your names on your Council Tax statements. We do.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:41 pm

rogerq, you seem to be under the impression that it is necessary to have bills in joint names. But have you actually downloaded the form SET(M) and read the requirements? If not, click here to download a copy.

After you have read the form you will appreciate that it is possible to get approval without anything being in joint names. And I have to say that when my wife got her ILR using form SET(M) absolutely nothing was in joint names.
John

ilm

Post by ilm » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:44 am

My wife will be applying soon too for SET(M). It is surprisingly difficult to get official letters in joint names. Certainly I was not possible to put my wifes names on utility bills as they refused to do it! I didn't think of the Council tax bill as our house is in my name.

We have a bank account in joint names, house insurance in both names and each of our cars insurance names the other as a named driver. Having read the requirements we believe we have about half the required evidence in joint names and plan to make this up with documents in sole names from the same address. We are assuming this will be meet the requirements when we make the application later this year.