ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull PEO

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pawant
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Solihull PEO

Post by pawant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:06 pm

First of all thanks to the moderator and all the members who share & help visa queries in this forum, I must say this forum is really helpful.

My case (1 dependent)
WP (Multiple Entry) – First entry 04/11/2007
WP (ICT) – issued 27/06/2008 (whilst in UK)
WP stamped – 04/10/2008 (India)
Entered UK under ICT WP – 18/10/2008
Tier 2 -ICT renewed and changed to ICT (Est. Staff) – Oct 2010 (2 years extension)
Tier 2 ICT (Est. Staff) renewed – Oct 2012 (2 years extension)
Date of ILR appointment – 20/09/2013 (0845 hrs.)
Bio – metric received – 22/09/2013

Reached PEO office at 0815, half an hour before the appointment but security personnel came outside and informed they will open the door at half 8. Got through the security (not exactly airport style!) where they asked for the application form after security asked us to wait in the waiting area. 5 min later someone came and handed over a token no.
At 9 o’clock our token no was called to go one of the counters. A very friendly lady asked me for my application form & passport and BRP card for both of us. She than asked me to read and sign a form which is basically a confirmation that there would be no refund if the application is rejected for whatever reason. She asked for the £200 payment receipt and then took the payment details page and went to process the payment. She informed me that the payment didn’t go through as they are facing some technical issue. I was then asked to submit the entire document to support my application.
Document submitted
1. Life in UK test certificate
2. Employer Letter
3. 3 months’ salary slip
4. 3 months Bank statement
5. 6 years P60
6. Council tax receipt (5 years) for cohabiting proof.
7. Marriage Certificate
8. All previous paper WP
Along with this I supplied photocopy of all these documents along with Passport copy.
She said that she will pass all these documents to the CW and informed me wait and I will be called for Bio-Metric. This process took 15 min
9:20 we were called for Bio-Metric, very polite lady took 10 min to do everything and she asked us to wait.
9:30 security asked to leave the building and come back at 11:30 but told us to keep our mobile switched on.
Wandered around in the town centre and at 10:45 received a call asking us to come back. We were told that there was some technical issue and our payment had not gone through yet so she asked us to wait.
About 11 our token was called and asked us to go the reception and the first thing she said was “you will receive you Bio Metric card in 10 days’ time” I asked her has my application been approved she replied “obviously” and handed me back my document and the approval letter. Funny enough the approval letter also does not mention that the application has been accepted. It’s only on the 3rd page which I think is the hand out page common to all approved application.
It was very straightforward for me I was actually inside the PEO for less than an hour and didn’t even see CW, well I couldn’t care less.
Any question I would be more than happy to help.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Firstly, congrats ! Just curious, why did u need to submit 6 years of P60?

pawant
Newly Registered

Post by pawant » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:26 pm

lawabidingimmigrant wrote:Firstly, congrats ! Just curious, why did u need to submit 6 years of P60?
I don't know if it was need but I had it with me and I was asked to submit all documents to support my application so submitted it