ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:43 am

Happy Friday everyone!!! Lets hope today brings us good news!!!

Newbies, Welcome to the forum guys!!!

@GodsAuthority Thank you for your words of encouragement girl!!! I hope you and your family are well!!!

@Smatts07 Im sorry about your refusal darling....

@Ale01 Come on love! Dont give up!! No point in giving them satisfaction and withdrawing your application!!! It takes more to break us down innit!!

@SDP @keisha @shondra @summer hope you guys are ok!!!!

Shouts out to @yummymummy @time503 @believe @dapsonlee ( how are you my scorpion bro?) @nilemarques @hatchsead !!!

Oooof that was a bit of a brain-train thing early morning lool , I tried to mention everyone, so please forgive me if I left someone out !!!
:oops: :oops: :oops:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 am

thanks for you support everyone. the reasons in which i was denied was firstly that i owe the NHS over £1000 which my husband has been paying off every week. the debt is for the birth of our british son. other reasons were because i was a visitor at the time of applying (which i know is a no no) but i had to come here to give birth so that my husband could actually be there. and they decided that under EX1 that it would be all right if our child left the UK... meaning its not in my child's best interest (whos a year and a half) to be with his mother and father in the same country. caseworker decided that there were no exceptional circumstances in my case.
i am meeting with a solicitor monday morning to decide if appealing would be worth it, and also seeing if paying off the NHS before my appeal would help at all.

ale001

Re: Ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:18 am

GodGives wrote:
ale001 wrote:
God's Authority wrote:Hi Ale

Why do you want to withdraw your application?

First of all delay is not denial. You need to keep calm and think with a clear head. Sometimes I have heard that when people request a withdrawal of their application it gets approved but not everyone who plies that route will be lucky so you have to thread slowly.

Have you involved your MP? Perhaps the Ombudsman, I see a couple of people have contacted the Ombudsman and they have gotten good results.

At this point, perhaps that might be a last resort from you as it does not appear making a call or writing personally to inquire on the status of your application will yield much results.

Please just be patient, all the best.

Thanks

I've My MP is involved but his caseworker refused to respond for months now. I have contacted the Ombudsman like 3 times, they never respond. So i'm considering withdrawal as am really confused now! My application is going to 1 year and 6 month now. :(
Ale don't withdraw have u called Ho by urself? Call mp again and omburdsman. Keep trying pls
I have contacted my MP more than 15 times, his caseworker refused to reply me again.

I have contacted the Ombudsman 2 times, they refused to reply.

Today this morning again, i have contacted the Ombudsman, so am still waiting if the Ombudsman will reply my email.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Ombudsman to reply an email?

I am confused now!

My application is going to 1 year and 6 month now.
:( :(
Last edited by ale001 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 am

ale001 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ale001 wrote:
God's Authority wrote:Hi Ale

First of all delay is not denial. You need to keep calm and think with a clear head. Sometimes I have heard that when people request a withdrawal of their application it gets approved but not everyone who plies that route will be lucky so you have to thread slowly.

Have you involved your MP? Perhaps the Ombudsman, I see a couple of people have contacted the Ombudsman and they have gotten good results.

At this point, perhaps that might be a last resort from you as it does not appear making a call or writing personally to inquire on the status of your application will yield much results.

Please just be patient, all the best.

Thanks

I've My MP is involved but his caseworker refused to respond for months now. I have contacted the Ombudsman like 3 times, they never respond. So i'm considering withdrawal as am really confused now! My application is going to 1 year and 6 month now. :(
Ale don't withdraw have u called Ho by urself? Call mp again and omburdsman. Keep trying pls
I have contacted my MP more than 15 times, his caseworker refused to reply me again.

Today this morning again, i have contacted the Ombudsman, so am still waiting if the Ombudsman email's reply.

I am confused now!

Hun, give the Ombudsman a call, then you can explain everything on the phone and ask them to send you a form in the post!! Good luck!

tei123

Post by tei123 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:40 am

Good morning all,its been a while i login.first of all congrats to all those who has been granted,enjoy your freedom,to those of my brothers and sisters who has been redused i say take heart,the Lord is our strength...don't forget that one day sooner or later it would all be over and you would all ve stories to tell,and to those of us waiting I pray the good God grant his grace and mercies on us so we receive the good news we have been waiting for.Amen. its exactly 1year i submitted my application 2day but still no response yet...

astro123

Post by astro123 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:54 am

[quote="ale001"][quote="GodGives"][quote="ale001"][quote="God's Authority"]Hi Ale

Please just be patient, all the best.[/quote]

Thanks

I've My MP is involved but his caseworker refused to respond for months now. I have contacted the Ombudsman like 3 times, they never respond. So i'm considering withdrawal as am really confused now! My application is going to 1 year and 6 month now. :([/quote]

Ale don't withdraw have u called Ho by urself? Call mp again and omburdsman. Keep trying pls[/quote]

Today this morning again, i have contacted the Ombudsman, so am still waiting if the Ombudsman will reply my email.

I am confused now!

:( :([/quote]

Ale001, its true that your app is spending a long time at the HO. I actually applied at the same time with you, and I have been refused and reapplied and been granted . But I will advice that you give them time and see what happens , after all in article 8 cases the longer the time you spend the more you strengthen your case and also as long as you have your app with the home office you are legal. I know you can't work and it is a difficult situation being in limbo. I don't know why you want to redraw, may be you have another option which will be better than the status quo, if not my brother I will advice that you wait. It will be well with you.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

astro123 wrote:
ale001 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
ale001 wrote:

Thanks

I am confused now!

Ale001, its true that your app is spending a long time at the HO. I actually applied at the same time with you, and I have been refused and reapplied and been granted . But I will advice that you give them time and see what happens , after all in article 8 cases the longer the time you spend the more you strengthen your case and also as long as you have your app with the home office you are legal. I know you can't work and it is a difficult situation being in limbo. I don't know why you want to redraw, may be you have another option which will be better than the status quo, if not my brother I will advice that you wait. It will be well with you.
Thanks for your encouragement !

I ave contacted the Ombudsman today again, and i will give the application more time.

Thanks
Ale001

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:33 pm

ale001 wrote:
astro123 wrote:
ale001 wrote:
GodGives wrote:

I am confused now!

Thanks for your encouragement !

I ave contacted the Ombudsman today again, and i will give the application more time.

Thanks

@Ale001 If its of any encouragement, I have been waiting for 17 months so hang in there.. I know how frustrating it is but it can only get better right.
God has a plan just trust and we are fortunate that we have this forum to share, listen and learn from others in the same situation. I am so glad I found this site as I felt so isolated and in despair.
Soon we shall get a response I truly believe.

progeny5kay

Re: Approval

Post by progeny5kay » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:00 pm

johnny04 wrote:Hello guys,
Congratulations Johnny04

I am writing to inform you that we received my wife's approval letter this morning after almost 2 years of battle. She was initially refused in July 2013 on the basis that we did not include my 2 kids british passport. We reapplied at the end of August 2013 including the kids' british passports. The HO sent us a letter on 19 September 2013 requesting for more documents to prove that myself, my wife and kids all leave together at the same address for the past 2 years. We submitted more docs and was received by HO on Monday 23 September 2013. We received the approval letter today and BRP to follow.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

You are all the best!!!
Hi Johnny 04 can i ask you what the ask you sent I have been sent a letter requesting more documents and our utility is pay as you go though i have a statement from the British gas dating 2010 even though HO are requesting at least September 2011 and wanted the letters and evidences spread over 2 years but I am afraid this might be the only bill dated back all other letters are 2012 and 2013 can you please tell the list and date of the the extra document you have sent???
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
Congratulations Johnny04

I am writing to inform you that we received my wife's approval letter this morning after almost 2 years of battle. She was initially refused in July 2013 on the basis that we did not include my 2 kids british passport. We reapplied at the end of August 2013 including the kids' british passports. The HO sent us a letter on 19 September 2013 requesting for more documents to prove that myself, my wife and kids all leave together at the same address for the past 2 years. We submitted more docs and was received by HO on Monday 23 September 2013. We received the approval letter today and BRP to follow.

Good luck to everyone still waitin
GINORMOUS CONGRATS TO JOHNNY04 and RACHAL A AND ALL THOASE THAT HAVE BE GRANTED AND I PRAY TO THOS WHO HAVEN'T THAT THEY WILL RECEIVED GOOD NEWS SOON

You are all the best!!!
Hi Johnny 04 can i ask you what the ask you sent I have been sent a letter requesting more documents and our utility is pay as you go though i have a statement from the British gas dating 2010 even though HO are requesting at least September 2011 and wanted the letters and evidences spread over 2 years but I am afraid this might be the only bill dated back all other letters are 2012 and 2013 can you please tell the list and date of the the extra document you have sent???
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:02 pm

smatts07 wrote:Just found out I've been denied, I applied on the basis of a child in the UK. Haven't read the paperwork yet so I don't know the actual reason for it yet. But I have been in the UK for a year and a half, a year of that waiting on my application. My british husband supports me and our son who was born here and we don't collect any benefits. I have the right to appeal... And I was wondering those who've been denied and have appealed how long they've been waiting?

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013
Sorry about the refusal.

Ive been waiting since 1st July 2013 for a hearing appointment. my solicitor contacted the tribunal and they informed us that i should expect my hearing t be in between Feb and April 2014 :(

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:05 pm

hatsuku wrote:
smatts07 wrote:Just found out I've been denied, I applied on the basis of a child in the UK. Haven't read the paperwork yet so I don't know the actual reason for it yet. But I have been in the UK for a year and a half, a year of that waiting on my application. My british husband supports me and our son who was born here and we don't collect any benefits. I have the right to appeal... And I was wondering those who've been denied and have appealed how long they've been waiting?

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013
Sorry about the refusal.

Ive been waiting since 1st July 2013 for a hearing appointment. my solicitor contacted the tribunal and they informed us that i should expect my hearing t be in between Feb and April 2014 :(

Oh gosh!! Thats LONG! Poor you :(

tei123

Post by tei123 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:06 pm

i wonder if those granted can answer me,did u guys get ur package from royalmail or Dx?Just random thought.

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:28 pm

verbina wrote:
hatsuku wrote:

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013
Sorry about the refusal.

Oh gosh!! Thats LONG! Poor you :(
very LONG!
makes me hate living here :(

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:33 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
Congratulations Johnny04

GINORMOUS CONGRATS TO JOHNNY04 and RACHAL A AND ALL THOASE THAT HAVE BE GRANTED AND I PRAY TO THOS WHO HAVEN'T THAT THEY WILL RECEIVED GOOD NEWS SOON

You are all the best!!!
Hi progeny5kay,

In our case, my wife included all letters from hospitals, clinics and kids school and 2 types of bills - BT and sky. I included electricity and gas bill, bank statements and medical card. We also included for the kids - bank letters, medical cards, letters from hospital and clinics and school. We sent documents dating back to 2009. My advice is for you to send as many docs as possible no matter how old. It is better for you to send more than enough instead of not enough. I wish you well. Good luck !!!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:46 pm

good day courageous people..
@verbina how are you doin dear ?
@ale001, has verbina rightly said, cal d ombudsman for a form , fill it out give it to yr mp to sign his own section, and then he sends it off.good luck dear...

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:55 pm

tei123 wrote:i wonder if those granted can answer me,did u guys get ur package from royalmail or Dx?Just random thought.
I got my documents delivered to my lawyer.

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:05 pm

johnny04 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
Congratulations Johnny04

You are all the best!!!
Hi progeny5kay,

In our case, my wife included all letters from hospitals, clinics and kids school and 2 types of bills - BT and sky. I included electricity and gas bill, bank statements and medical card. We also included for the kids - bank letters, medical cards, letters from hospital and clinics and school. We sent documents dating back to 2009. My advice is for you to send as many docs as possible no matter how old. It is better for you to send more than enough instead of not enough. I wish you well. Good luck !!!

That is true John, i included from 2-3 years ago. My and my husbands documents...gp cards, bank statements, showing him or me depositting money, school report, gas bills, car insuarance, nhs exemption letters, pictures, home insuarance, his medical reports, his pay slips, p60, for 2 years...tax credit documents, letters from him, bank statements for our daughter, receipts from ebay, amazon, tenancy documents, letters from documents...meal, payments for school....put everything guys.

I am so sorry for all those waiting...it is hard, but keep on. I lived it at one time, waited 3 years, for a refusal.

tei123

Post by tei123 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:18 pm

@ RIGHTEOUS thanks for ur reply

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:32 pm

hatsuku wrote:

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013
Sorry about the refusal.

oh my dear GOD such an awful long wait, how are we going to cope with this......days seems years to me at the moment.

im sorry guys for being so negative, i know some of you dont need to hear this but i dont think im strong enough for another battle of years.
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Hatsuku I cannot believe it would take that long to get a hearing!! Best of luck for you though.
Makes me want to just forget about an appeal!! I'm so fed up with waiting and its a joke that all of us have been waiting so long.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:46 pm

johnny04 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
Congratulations Johnny04

You are all the best!!!
Hi progeny5kay,

Thanks for the reply Johnny04

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 pm

smatts07 wrote:Hatsuku I cannot believe it would take that long to get a hearing!! Best of luck for you though.
Makes me want to just forget about an appeal!! I'm so fed up with waiting and its a joke that all of us have been waiting so long.
smatts you are right it is a joke waiting for so long to get refused + another wait for court date... we would be destroyed by then. Not to mention the outcome of the court as you can never be sure 100% positive result

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:04 pm

[quote="smatts07"]Hatsuku I cannot believe it would take that long to get a hearing!! Best of luck for you though.
Makes me want to just forget about an appeal!! I'm so fed up with waiting and its a joke that all of us have been waiting so long.[/quote

Muffin007
Nigeria

Post by Muffin007 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello all
Just to briefly reintroduce myself I made an flr(o) application on the basis of sole parent of British child in the uk .it was an in time application but the British passport wasn't ready then so I just sent in the birth certificate.immediately the British passport came I sent it to the lawyer about two wks ago.so today I just got a call from the lawyer saying they want the British passport(confused face ) :o But I shouldn't worry since they have already sent that in and a statement from me signed..

I'm sure he sent the British passport of my child in late and he doesnt want to say cos if he sent it immediately 2 wks ago they should hv received it??

Then I'm just a bit worried what kind of statement would they want me to write and sign?
(The lawyer didn't tell me what statement over the phone) but told me he would send what it's about through the post but just want to find out if anyone has any idea or experience about it???

Thank you