ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anzd

referees

Post by anzd » Thu May 16, 2013 4:29 am

Hi,

I just wanted to clarify something regarding the professional referee. Can that person be my friend who just so happens to be a professional person in his own right or do I have to know him on a professional basis?

Thanks

anzd

Post by anzd » Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 am

Please clarify this for me, much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 am

A friend is fine. He doesn't need to know you in a professional capacity. Just to be a professional.

anzd

Post by anzd » Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:46 pm

anzd wrote:Hi,

I am struggling to find a professional referee. One of my friends, whom I have known since I arrived here in November 2007, works for Marie Curie charity to do with Cancer. He works in the accounts department although not certified as an accountant (he has worked in the accounting field most of his working life, he's in his 50's). Could he act as my referee?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:47 pm

See the list (click) also consider your GP or dentist.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anzd

Post by anzd » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:25 pm

The list is not exhaustive and that is why I wanted clarification. When I arrived in the UK I registered with a doctor's surgery but only went for a general checkup that was needed in order to register with them in the first place, this appointment was with a nurse. Other than that I have had no use for place. I never registered with a dentist as I had dental work done when I went back to SA on holiday.

I just want to know can I use my friend as a professional referee or not. Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:40 pm

A nurse is a professional.

anzd

Post by anzd » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Yes but I saw her once n January 2008. I just want clarity on the question I asked.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:31 pm

If the person is not on the list, it is up to you to decide whether you think they're a professional, you can't ask someone else them blame then if you're not successful. If the person has standing in the community or a professional qualification then that ought to suffice.

anzd

Post by anzd » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:45 pm

I don't want to blame anyone and if it is unsuccessful all that would happen is they ask me for another referee and there is a delay. What I am trying to establish, through trying to tap into the collective wisdom of the board, is the plausibility of my friend acting as my referee as I so outlined before because it is not an exhaustive list. What does 'have standing in the community' mean? Would working for a charity not count. I am just asking.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Its not that working for charity not count. Its what position he holds in his job. You say he does not have accountant qualification, however if he is manager in that charity, then it will count as professional referee as the list says "manager of a charity".

failsafe
Newly Registered

Referee who is a very distant relative

Post by failsafe » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:10 am

Hi Guys,

Looking for a referee for my Wife's application can following be a professional referee.

Dentist->Who is husband of my Wife's first cousin?

Please help.

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Please continue in your other thread

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Please continue in your other thread