ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:13 am

Muffin007 wrote:Hello all
Just to briefly reintroduce myself I made an flr(o) application on the basis of sole parent of British child in the uk .it was an in time application but the British passport wasn't ready then so I just sent in the birth certificate.immediately the British passport came I sent it to the lawyer about two wks ago.so today I just got a call from the lawyer saying they want the British passport(confused face ) :o But I shouldn't worry since they have already sent that in and a statement from me signed..

I'm sure he sent the British passport of my child in late and he doesnt want to say cos if he sent it immediately 2 wks ago they should hv received it??

Then I'm just a bit worried what kind of statement would they want me to write and sign?
(The lawyer didn't tell me what statement over the phone) but told me he would send what it's about through the post but just want to find out if anyone has any idea or experience about it???

Thank you
Sorry about this, i hope it works out. I applied differently but never sent british passports for my kids or dad. I sent birth certificates, his showing, his parents both being british on it, and an expired..3 year old passport for him. Keep at it, if you are the sole parent. I do not know if your partner can give you his birth certificate, and a letter to say you have sole custody. If you have got court papers, all the better.

Good luck.

alina143

signing at the police station for immigration

Post by alina143 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:32 am

hi I would like to know once an application has been submitted to home office does one still sign on for immigration

naba

additional documents

Post by naba » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:38 am

Hello dear all,

Congratulations to who got visa, and wish good luck to who are waiting like me.

I sent my application on 16th September 13. Now realized need to send a few more document. Would it be acceptable if send additional document to support my application? Thanks.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: signing at the police station for immigration

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:20 am

alina143 wrote: hi I would like to know once an application has been submitted to home office does one still sign on for immigration
alina143- yes. Pls keep signing on, is important and it shows that you will not abscond despite waiting for your decision
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: additional documents

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 am

naba wrote:Hello dear all,

I sent my application on 16th September 13. Now realized need to send a few more document. Would it be acceptable if send additional document to support my application? Thanks.

naba- yes. You can send in more supporting document with a cover letter. if you have your acknowledge letter there will be a reference number pls quote it on your cover letter. And if no acknowledge letter yet it doesn't matter.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:33 am

smatts07 wrote:Hatsuku I cannot believe it would take that long to get a hearing!! Best of luck for you though.
Makes me want to just forget about an appeal!! I'm so fed up with waiting and its a joke that all of us have been waiting so long.
THANKS

i also wish you the best of luck.

they claim that they are receiving a huge number of applications:

The Tribunal is currently receiving very high volumes of appeals. Appeal registration, including the processing of appeal fees is currently taking up to six weeks. The Tribunal is listing all non-deport and non-asylum in country appeals between 16 – 20 weeks following registration and all out of country appeals between 16 - 20 weeks following receipt of the respondent bundle.
If you have lodged an appeal and have not heard from the Tribunal after a six week period and wish to contact the Tribunal, contact details can be found on our Contact us page

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/immigration-asylum

did u apply for the appeal? if not, i would advise you to do it online, i heard, but not sure, that it is a faster method to register and get appointments.

i am not sure how, but check with your solicitor first.

:)

naba

Post by naba » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:37 am

Kukuwife wrote:

naba- yes. You can send in more supporting document with a cover letter. if you have your acknowledge letter there will be a reference number pls quote it on your cover letter. And if no acknowledge letter yet it doesn't matter.
@ Kukuwife, thank you hun. I got the letter for bio-met and will do soon. Also waiting for my partner's English test certificate. Would it be late if I send the documents after Bio-met, I mean after a couple of days?

My partner has got a provisional certificate- would it serve the purpose? or I should wait for the original certificate? Thanks again dear.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 am

Hello All
Received my acknowledgement letter. So so so happy.
They received my package on Monday and typed this fine letter resting on my leg on Tuesday. How I pray they deal with my application with expediency!!!!

A good weekend to you all. Mwaa xxx
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 am

summer2013 wrote:
hatsuku wrote:
smatts07 wrote:Just found out I've been denied, I applied on the basis of a child in the UK. Haven't read the paperwork yet so I don't know the actual reason for it yet. But I have been in the UK for a year and a half, a year of that waiting on my application. My british husband supports me and our son who was born here and we don't collect any benefits. I have the right to appeal... And I was wondering those who've been denied and have appealed how long they've been waiting?

Applied 7 sept 2012
Bio done 21 feb 2013
Denied 26 sept 2013
Sorry about the refusal.

Ive been waiting since 1st July 2013 for a hearing appointment. my solicitor contacted the tribunal and they informed us that i should expect my hearing t be in between Feb and April 2014 :(
oh my dear GOD such an awful long wait, how are we going to cope with this......days seems years to me at the moment.

im sorry guys for being so negative, i know some of you dont need to hear this but i dont think im strong enough for another battle of years.
i know how you feel Summer,

i do feel like that sometimes,

but on other days i feel hopeful and strong to continue the battle.

make sure you surround yourself with family, friends and love ones...it is the best supporting system anyone can have.

what are you waiting for now?

x

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 am

Sweetypie wrote:Hello All
They received my package on Monday and typed this fine letter resting on my leg on Tuesday. How I pray they deal with my application with expediency!!!!

how sweet,

i pray all your matters will always be sweet and nice :)

have a nice weekend and we hope to hear the good news from you soon

x

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:42 am

naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

@ Kukuwife, thank you hun. I got the letter for bio-met and will do soon. Also waiting for my partner's English test certificate. Would it be late if I send the documents after Bio-met, I mean after a couple of days?

My partner has got a provisional certificate- would it serve the purpose? or I should wait for the original certificate? Thanks again dear.
what do you mean by a provisional certificate my dear?

naba

Post by naba » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:54 am

hatsuku wrote:
naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

what do you mean by a provisional certificate my dear?
Dear hatsuku, it's an examination report and at the bottom it mentions that 'the result on this exam report is provisional and is confirmed by the issue of a certificate'. Should I send this to HO if it takes long time to get the certificate? would it be acceptable by the HO? Thank again.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:59 am

alina143 wrote: hi I would like to know once an application has been submitted to home office does one still sign on for immigration

you mean at reporting centre? then yes hun, you still need to sign on x
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:01 am

good morning,just to update u guys that i just got a call from my solicitor and it was not what i wanted to hear,i have been refused with no right of appeal,i applied based on my british wife...at the moment i dont no the reasons for the refusal will let u no when i meet my solicitor on tuesday for my next line of action...
question 1.does any of you guys no of any JR case or cases that went in favour of the applicant?

2,how abt overstayers returning back to their home countries to re apply as a spouse ,would i be refused if i choose to go and re apply back home? :? :? :?

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:27 am

tei123 wrote:good morning,just to update u guys that i just got a call from my solicitor and it was not what i wanted to hear,i have been refused with no right of appeal,i applied based on my british wife...at the moment i dont no the reasons for the refusal will let u no when i meet my solicitor on tuesday for my next line of action...
question 1.does any of you guys no of any JR case or cases that went in favour of the applicant?

2,how abt overstayers returning back to their home countries to re apply as a spouse ,would i be refused if i choose to go and re apply back home? :? :? :?
Really sorry to hear this hun :(

With regards to the second question, yes its usually much easier for an overstayer to return to their home country and re-apply. Also, its a lot quicker in most countries. Another good thing is if you apply from UK being an overstayer you will have to go a 10 year route to settlement (so you will need to extend your initial 2.5 years leave 3 more times).
But if you apply from your home country, then its 5 years to settlement.
Obviously as long as your wife meets financial requirements etc.

Ps at least your solicitor works on Saturdays, unlike mine lool

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:10 pm

thanks Verbina for ur response,i am still in shock...not a good feeling and wont wish that on anyone,am abt confused now,can i re apply as soon as i get back or i would be subjected to a ban sorry if am sounding abit like am loosing the plot

verbina wrote:
tei123 wrote:good morning,just to update u guys that i just got a call from my solicitor and it was not what i wanted to hear,i have been refused with no right of appeal,i applied based on my british wife...at the moment i dont no the reasons for the refusal will let u no when i meet my solicitor on tuesday for my next line of action...

With regards to the second question, yes its usually much easier for an overstayer to return to their home country and re-apply. Also, its a lot quicker in most countries. Another good thing is if you apply from UK being an overstayer you will have to go a 10 year route to settlement (so you will need to extend your initial 2.5 years leave 3 more times).

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:24 pm

tei123 wrote:thanks Verbina for ur response,i am still in shock...not a good feeling and wont wish that on anyone,am abt confused now,can i re apply as soon as i get back or i would be subjected to a ban sorry if am sounding abit like am loosing the plot

verbina wrote:

No you're cool, no ban, can re apply straight away. Once again i cannot stress enough.. should you wish to do it that way, make sure you meet all the criteria dot to dot literally. Finance, accommodation, language etc . Coz you dont really wanna get stuck there for long . Ps on ukba website there s some info on applying out of the country. Also there used to be a thing where you can check different countries approximate processing times. Soz i cant give you the link as im using my phone at the mo and ive no idea how to copy and paste stuff on it. ((.

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:31 pm

thanks again for for ur advice,i would have a look at the ukba site and my mrs and i would meet my solicitor on tuesday to see what way to go....God richly bless you and all the best on ur application

verbina wrote:
tei123 wrote:thanks Verbina for ur response,i am still in shock...not a good feeling and wont wish that on anyone,am abt confused now,can i re apply as soon as i get back or i would be subjected to a ban sorry if am sounding abit like am loosing the plot

verbina wrote:

No you're cool, no ban, can re apply straight away. Once again i cannot stress enough.. should you wish to do it that way, make sure you meet all the criteria dot to dot literally. Finance, accommodation, language etc . Coz you dont really wanna get stuck there for long . Ps on ukba website there s some info on applying out of the country. Also there used to be a thing where you can check different countries approximate processing times. Soz i cant give you the link as im using my phone at the mo and ive no idea how to copy and paste stuff on it. ((.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:36 pm

tei123 wrote:thanks again for for ur advice,i would have a look at the ukba site and my mrs and i would meet my solicitor on tuesday to see what way to go....God richly bless you and all the best on ur application

verbina wrote:

verbina wrote:

Thank you! Good luck for tuesday, let us know how you get on!

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:43 pm

hatsuku wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Hello All

how sweet,

i pray all your matters will always be sweet and nice :)

have a nice weekend and we hope to hear the good news from you soon

x
Thanks Hatsuku

I think God is bombarded must with prayers during these time lol

alina143

signing at the police station for immigration

Post by alina143 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:43 pm

@verbina and @kukuwife thanks for ur reply its my partner hes just done his biometrics and he signs on every month

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Hello Tei123
God is fair. You will get your visa in God's time. Thank God for your wife st least its better someone in the family has their stay. How long have you being married? When did you move to UK and do you have kids?
Also what are your timelines.
After all is said and done they will grant you.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:54 pm

verbina wrote:
tei123 wrote:thanks again for for ur advice,i would have a look at the ukba site and my mrs and i would meet my solicitor on tuesday to see what way to go....God richly bless you and all the best on ur application

verbina wrote:

i sent u are private msg Verbina please check inbox
Godgives

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:00 pm

alina143 wrote:@verbina and @kukuwife thanks for ur reply its my partner hes just done his biometrics and he signs on every month
Yep. Then he needs to carry on signing on every month babe

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:13 pm

GodGives wrote:
verbina wrote:

verbina wrote:

i sent u are private msg Verbina please check inbox
@godgives i replied