ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice for UK NARIC and 6yo child born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolbuddy

Need Advice for UK NARIC and 6yo child born outside UK

Post by coolbuddy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:23 am

Hi all,

***History***
ILR received for me, my wife and 6 years old daughter: 15 Oct 2012
My wife will complete her 5 years in March 2014 as she came in the UK in March 2009. But I am completing my 6 years (including one year after getting ILR) on 15 Oct 2013.

Now I can apply for Settlement on or after 15 oct 2013 but was a bit disappointed today when I checked my days out from UK and found that I was not in UK from 20 Sept 2008 to 30 October 2008.... What a bad luck because now I have to apply under new rules.... 

***Need Advice***
---KoLL Requirements---
Me and my wife have Life in the UK test which will be okay for the first requirement of KoLL.
Secondly we both have our degree taught in English (mine is Masters and hers is Bachelor of Science honours 3 years). My degree is equivalent to UK bachelor degree and got 30 points in PBS calculator when applied previously at the time of my extension (HSMP, Tier-1, ILR).

---NARIC or Test?---
Which certificate we should go now from UKNARIC for our degrees so that we can skip giving the test? Is it UK NARIC Statement of Comparability or UK NARIC English Language Assessment?

---Can my 6 years old kid apply with me?---
- My wife will be able to apply after I got British Passport as then comes under 3 years requirement or in March 2014 after completing her 5 years of residence requirement
- Can my child apply with me in October 2013 as Minor by filling MN1 form? What are the chances she will get it or May I wait till March 2014 and then she apply with her mom after completing 5 years requirement.

Your help/advice in this regard will be highly appreciated :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:33 am

You shouldn't need NARIC confirmation as you met an English Language assessment for your PBS application.

Your spouse will need a NARIC statement of comparability and a letter from the institution stating the medium of instruction was English (or if it is stated on the degree) or a NARIC English Language Assessment.

See also KoLL.

Yes, your spouse can apply straight away after your attend your ceremony providing she meets the other requirements. Children can apply with you or wait and apply with Mother.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks Amber for such a quick response....
I always got the answers from this wonderful forum :)

Plz allow me to grab ur attention to clear few things....

First...When I applied first time for Entry Clarence (2007) English Language requirement was IELTS which I did but haven't got my degree verified from UK NARIC as it was not the condition then. IELTS just valid for two years so will they consider it (which they should be as after passing IELTS with Band 7 and then working in this country next 6 years are enough to prove English language proficiency).

Second (for wife application)...Will UK NARIC statement of comparability not fulfill the English Language Assessment requirement itself? If not I have to give double fee for the same degree :(

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:40 pm

The fact that you met a language requirement of B1 for entry clearance should suffice.

No the statement of comparability just says whether the degree is equivalent to a UK degree it does not say whether it was taught in English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sibaji

Re: Need Advice for UK NARIC and 6yo child born outside UK

Post by sibaji » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Hello, this is precisely my query.

During my HSMP, Tier-1 Extension and ILR application, I had furnished my University Letter stating that the degree was taught in English.

Now, during my naturalisation application, can I furnish the same University letter to satisfy the English Language requirement ? In other words, for my British Citizenship Naturalisation, should I be applying for the NARIC Statement of Compatibility or NARIC English Language Requirement or Both ?

Look forward to a clear response.

Many thanks in advance.