ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Dependant Koll Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stay786
Newly Registered

ILR and Dependant Koll Requirement

Post by stay786 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi There,

Hope someone will be able to guide me here. I am going to apply for ILR in December and my current status is Tier 1 General.

Issue I am facing is that my wife suffers from severe anxiety and depression and that affecting her badly. She had already tried to sit for LIUK test couple of times and could not get through.

She is preparing again but I can't see her nowhere near to get through.
Now my questions are;
Can she apply for exemption from Koll as this issue is going on more or less 5 years; If not what are the options.

Would it be wise decision to include her in my application for ILR and do it through POE or I better get my ILR and apply for her separately by post.

Thanks much

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:53 am

im just a random guy who is taking an interest in this question so dont take my word on face value!

following this disclaimer , look what i have found :)

Page 64, Part 3 Section 3.1 (c) seem to exempt your wife from taking any tests.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

so after 1st October 2013, this will become a law and you should benefit from this change in law ( i hope)

regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.