ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrayrd

Child born in the UK

Post by hrayrd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:49 am

Hi All,
I will highly appreciate if anybody can provide some ideas on my situation.

I am on Tier 1 General visa, and my wife is Tier 1 dependent.
We got our extension of the visa in August 2012, and it is valid till August 2015. (Visa was first got in August 2010).

Very soon our baby will be born and i am wondering is there any way of getting citizenship for the baby right after the birth, or we need to wait for our ILR first?
It is not so clear written here, but seems the very bottom section talks about some possibility even if you are not with ILR yet - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

In my case, i can consider us as well established, like we bought house(and have a mortgage), i am on a high pay job, so can all those be valid evidence to show that we intend to live in the UK and apply for citizenship when baby is born?
Is it worth to talk to immigration solicitors or that is really waste of time?

Many Thanks
H.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:00 am

No. Best to wait.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.