ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contract of

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IsGanz
Newly Registered

Contract of

Post by IsGanz » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi dear Mates!

Does a contract of zero hours suitable for an application of Residence Card(EEA2)?
My wife is working on the forementioned type of contract and I am applying for a Residence Card.Please yoru ideas are much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:25 pm

In that case, a letter from the employer (without mentioning hours) or several payslips would probably be a better choice than the job contract. Just to avoid any misunderstanding by the caseworker.

IsGanz
Newly Registered

Post by IsGanz » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:33 am

Thanks a lot, Guru!Much appreciated your help!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:14 am

Payslips will be more better than employer letter/contract which won't pacifically reveal zero hour contract while fully meet the requirement too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

kunleswags
Newly Registered

Post by kunleswags » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:32 am

hi sheraz ,jambo and IsGanz.....i also just applied for eea2 last week and my eea wife is on zero hours contract too.her payslip is being given electronically via online and when i printed it out it looked like photocopy and u know how Ukba behaves wen they see print outs and they wont even bother to confirm it with the employer before stupidly refusing it.so i contacted a solicitor who told me if its the company policy to issue payslips online then there is nothing anybody can do about it.so she adviced i get a letter from the company confirming my eea wife works with them on their letter head.The company actually gave my wife the letter confirming her employment and actually confirmed that my wife is a worker with them since june and is a casual stocker who works in various retail stores for the company subject to availability for work and that if UKba has any further questions they can call them.my question is the wording of that letter good enough to confirm that she works there?we also submitted her online payslip too

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:12 pm

kunleswags wrote:hi sheraz ,jambo and IsGanz.....i also just applied for eea2 last week and my eea wife is on zero hours contract too.her payslip is being given electronically via online and when i printed it out it looked like photocopy and u know how Ukba behaves wen they see print outs and they wont even bother to confirm it with the employer before stupidly refusing it.so i contacted a solicitor who told me if its the company policy to issue payslips online then there is nothing anybody can do about it.so she adviced i get a letter from the company confirming my eea wife works with them on their letter head.The company actually gave my wife the letter confirming her employment and actually confirmed that my wife is a worker with them since june and is a casual stocker who works in various retail stores for the company subject to availability for work and that if UKba has any further questions they can call them.my question is the wording of that letter good enough to confirm that she works there?we also submitted her online payslip too

Subject to availability...means not a permanent work.
As you already applied your application so there is no point to worry as nothing in your hands.

kunleswags
Newly Registered

Post by kunleswags » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:24 pm

@imshzd...ofcourse it isnt permanent work and its obvious u didnt read my comment properly.isnt part time work also covered by the eea regulations?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:45 pm

kunleswags wrote:@imshzd...ofcourse it isnt permanent work and its obvious u didnt read my comment properly.isnt part time work also covered by the eea regulations?

Well,self employed people are also on the same boat.i.e,not a permanent work,as costumers are not permanent so if the self employed people provide good work and costumers satisfaction then they come back again.

So zero contract is also looks like the same thing.if EEA national provide good service and hard work then employer will give more hours and work.

In my point of view yes this will meet the requirement untill EEA nationals earning good enough and the work is genuine and effective.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:40 pm

some employers on employment letter most often write part time employment instead of zero hour contract if the employee is doing that kind of job since long.
REGARDS

kunleswags
Newly Registered

Post by kunleswags » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:30 pm

so from the wording of my wife's employer's letter,do u think it confirms her employment and does it suffice for the application?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:57 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Payslips will be more better than employer letter/contract which won't pacifically reveal zero hour contract while fully meet the requirement too.
payslips is very popular question in pbs categories especially tier1/hsmp etc. Where when applicant if get their e-payslip print out signed/stamped from their employer then it becomes an official version and ukba accepts that.
REGARDS

IsGanz
Newly Registered

Post by IsGanz » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:20 pm

I have sent both the contract and a copy of electronic payslip.Alternatively, she's registered at Job plus as actively searching for work , and should report at it , at least, twice every fortninght along side a list of jobs applied.
Lord bless you all!