ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband now has FLR !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Row

Husband now has FLR !

Post by Row » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Thanks for all advice that members have given me. Me and my husband went to the Home Office on 29th May, to submit FLR application. We had a file of evidence and prepared for questions.
Once in and paid our high fee of £595, then we had to wait for 1 hour and a half before our number was called. We were asked for passports, bank statements and marriage certifcate. The officier checked through the passports details, fiance visa etc and said we would be back. We asked if any other documents were needed as bank statements show -£1300 into over draft and he said do you have payslips so gave them in and my fathers sponsor letter. He went off so we added some other documents as we wanted to be sure another evidence was seen.
He came back and explained the visa would be for two years and that is required us to collect evidence in both our names for ILR in two years. He gave us a positive answer right there and then, no questions asked. No checking evidence of living together, details of monthly finances, photos, marriage costs and details or even father's saving statements.
We returned two hours later and waiting and picked up the visa, all details correct and allowing us to start our lives together without worries of visa for the next two years.
We were over the moon, and it was definantly worth the money, it took six hours in the home office and it gave us both a headache, but what a relief.
:D :D Row and jolly husband with flr visa

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:11 pm

Congratulations, glad it all worked out!

Just as on 25.01.07 I advised you to download the form FLR(M), I am now going to suggest that you download the form SET(M) ... click here to download a copy. Having done that read about the documentary requirements. Given that you have nearly two years warning of the requirements you will not encounter a problem. Only those who download the form at the last moment tend to have a problem getting the ILR.

Ah, but do appreciate that your husband will need to pass the Citizenship Test in order to get his ILR.
John

Row

Yes

Post by Row » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:49 am

yep we are going to look at that soon.
Are there two separate things, one language and one UK life test?
Thanks for that, will download the form now.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:44 pm

No, in the sense that once the Citizenship Test is passed, they make an automatic assumption that the language skills are OK.

Or put it another way, if the language skills are not at a sufficient level then the person will struggle to study for and pass the Citizenship Test.

For lots more detail about the test ... click here.
John