ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - what finances needed for spouse visa (overdrawn)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucyflower
Newly Registered

Help - what finances needed for spouse visa (overdrawn)

Post by lucyflower » Wed May 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Help!! My husband is due to return to his home country on saturday to apply for a spouse visa (he is currently an overstayer and we have a 20month old child).

We've gathered together lots of evidence but after reading some of the older posts here I've become concerned about our finances. I have a good income and a permanent job (pay around 28,000 pounds per year) but we do have a number of debts (repayments always met) and we are always overdrawn (it is not long since I was a student so this is an authorised overdraft). I have a letter a one bank statement from my parents saying they will support us if necessary. (i know about the rule about having the equivalent of income support, but am unsure how debt fits in!)

So I have a few questions:
- will my overdraft count against us (we don't use public funds and live adequately on my income)
- do I need more evidence from my parents and more documents, should their letter say by how much they will support us?
- is it worth paying off my overdraft with a loan to put me in credit, or is this pointless?!

Please please advise me if possible, time seems to be running out before his flight!
thank you
lucy

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed May 30, 2007 11:15 pm

lucyflower, Its a very good decision that your husband is returning to get entry clearance.
will my overdraft count against us (we don't use public funds and live adequately on my income)
No. As long as you can prove that you are not going to claim pubic funds you will be fine. You need to show this by supporting documents such as your payslips and bank statements( You need to provide atleast 6 months bank statements and payslips. include your P60 as well)
Also draw a budget for whole month and include it in your finance folder. Remember your husband will be working if he gets the entry clearance as well which will add up to your income as a whole. May be you can say this in your covering letter to the British high commission.
do I need more evidence from my parents and more documents, should their letter say by how much they will support us?
Not necessarily, But it might help. No harm in providing the supporting letter from your parents as well as a few bank statements of them will probably support your husbands application.
is it worth paying off my overdraft with a loan to put me in credit, or is this pointless?!
Its pointless really. you are getting in to more debts by getting more loans out. It does not really help.

Goodluck

Row

Overdraft

Post by Row » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:21 pm

My husband applied for his fiance visa with my bank statement into -£1200 overdraft and his visa was granted.
I draw up a spreadsheet of monthly fiances, outgoings and incomings. I also had £3000 savings and had a sponsor letter from my father. He back it up with his savings bank statements.
Keep positive and good luck,

Row