ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illigitamate son of dead British National seeks Citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jesus-INN
Newly Registered

Illigitamate son of dead British National seeks Citizenship

Post by Jesus-INN » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 pm

Hello Everyone, :D

Please let me thank you all in advance for your helpful responses. :lol:

My name is Maurice Nixon and I am 38 and live in Cape Town, South Africa, I want to become a British Citizen. My late father was born in Liverpool, England in 1926. My late mother was South African born. My parents could not marry because of the "Mixed Marriages Act" under the Arphartheid system, which outlawed the marriages of "Whites" and "other" races, punishable with a jail sentence.My biological mother was classified: "Cape Colored". They therefore never married and today are both deceased.

My question is this: Do I as the Illigitamate son of a British National have a claim to British Citizenship? Furthermore what would be the process of any such application and what supporting documentation would be required? Also should I not qualify as a result of my status is there a person/board/authority that I can appeal to?

I know that there was an amendment to the BNA of 1981, made in 2006, concerning the " #Father of an Illigitamate Child ", but does it make room for someone with my given status.

Thankyou for all your assistance in this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

Maurice Nixon.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Illigitamate son of dead British National seeks Citizens

Post by JAJ » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:08 am

Jesus-INN wrote:Hello Everyone, :D

Please let me thank you all in advance for your helpful responses. :lol:

My name is Maurice Nixon and I am 38 and live in Cape Town, South Africa, I want to become a British Citizen. My late father was born in Liverpool, England in 1926. My late mother was South African born. My parents could not marry because of the "Mixed Marriages Act" under the Arphartheid system, which outlawed the marriages of "Whites" and "other" races, punishable with a jail sentence.My biological mother was classified: "Cape Colored". They therefore never married and today are both deceased.

My question is this: Do I as the Illigitamate son of a British National have a claim to British Citizenship? Furthermore what would be the process of any such application and what supporting documentation would be required?
Unfortunately you do not qualify for British citizenship.
Also should I not qualify as a result of my status is there a person/board/authority that I can appeal to?
The courts. But they will just interpret the law which is very clear.
I know that there was an amendment to the BNA of 1981, made in 2006, concerning the " #Father of an Illigitamate Child ", but does it make room for someone with my given status.
The 2006 law change doesn't benefit anyone born before 1 July 2006. And those aged 18 or over are too old for discretionary registration.

Your options have already been made very clear:

1. Apply for a UK Ancestry Visa; and/or
2. If you have a grandparent born in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, apply for registration as an Irish citizen.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=91367