ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment on the same date as valid-until date on BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

laudo9
Newly Registered

PEO appointment on the same date as valid-until date on BRP

Post by laudo9 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:32 am

Hello,

I just went to book a PEO appointment for SET(M) under the impression that you should not do this until 28 days the current flr expires.

The only appointment which was available in Glasgow is on the very date which is stated as valid-until 28/10/2013 on my BRP.

Is this a problem? Has anyone else had experience of this?

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:10 pm

It shud b ok as u will have valid brp on that day

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:49 pm

By your previous posts, your leave was granted from 28/10/2011. Therefore, you can apply for SET(M) from 28 days before 28/10/2013. Thus from tomorrow. Leaving it till the last day is fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

laudo9
Newly Registered

Post by laudo9 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I was very surprised that the only date available was 28th october because after reading everything, I understood that you should not even try to apply more than 28 days before. It looks as if I wanted an appointment in most other PEO's this would not have been possible before the FLR expires.

I guess really you should start trying to book a PEO appointment a couple of months in advance for a suitable date within the 28 day window??

Also another question.

Does my spouse also attend the appointment? There seems to be conflicting information about this.

Many thanks for the info once again.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Your spouse should attend yes. If you spouse is unable to attend then s(he) must sign the declaration and write a letter stating that s(he) supports your application, your relationship is subsisting and give a contact number where s(he) can be reached. Sometimes during the week appointments are added to the system, perhaps book the appointment and keep checking to see if you can make an earlier one, if you so wish.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.