ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea 4 inquiry?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

eea 4 inquiry?

Post by gagsgahra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:40 am

Hi my wife is permanent residence of UK now working 6 year continuously under European law..we married two years ago.and I have eea2 residence permit .my question is when I am going to apply eea 4. Three years later..does she have to work in this three year period..? Because she is pregnant and does want to work after baby is born..

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: eea 4 inquiry?

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 am

gagsgahra wrote:Hi my wife is permanent residence of UK now working 6 year continuously under European law..we married two years ago.and I have eea2 residence permit .my question is when I am going to apply eea 4. Three years later..does she have to work in this three year period..? Because she is pregnant and does want to work after baby is born..

when you said your wife is permanent resident did she applied for one yet or you assuming because she is working for 6 years ?

If she didn't better to apply for one now ;

Once an EEA national has been resident for a continuous period of five years in accordance with the EU laws relating to free movement rights that were in force during the continuous period of five years, he or she no longer has to exercise Treaty rights to live here lawfully.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 am

After achieving PR status your eea partner is no longer need to exercise its treaty, therefore she work or not won't affect your eligibility to secure PR. But you have to complete 5 years with her.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

Post by gagsgahra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 am

Yes she applied eea3 and got the document