ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Forex rates / Spouse

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talktome

HSMP Forex rates / Spouse

Post by talktome » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:18 pm

hi , a newbie here
I had two queries on my HSMP application
1. salary structure drawn in your home country, how are the forex rates calculated eg do the home office take a 1yr average
The reason I ask is coz i am very near the limit and if the GBP appreciates I may not qualify for the same.

2. I am not married now but If I do so , after 6 mths , would my spouse be eligible for a WP. Assuming I have been successful in my application.

Thanks

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:35 pm

kissnkar

1) Yes you can use average FX rates based on the rates in effect during the months you earned the income. Just show them how you made the calculation.

2) If you marry before you get HSMP your spouse wouln't need a WP as she would already be a dependent on your HSMP visa (no work restrictions). If she has degrees and work experience, she might even enhance your application.

If you got married after you got HSMP it would be possible for her to become a dependent, but it would be much more complicated.

Joseph

talktome

Post by talktome » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:24 pm

does this mean I can assume my own currency rate and show them the calculation using the same ...... would I need to provide bankers statement or proof in this regard
Also regarding the second point I had ..ie abt spouse application...Ina situation where I already I have the HSMP and get married later , would I have to apply for a separate HSMP .... I know there is something like a dependent visa but not too sure how it works for HSMP......

Dip

Post by Dip » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:17 am

You cannot assume your own exchange rate. Use an independent source like a news paper or a website. You could state them the website used. www.oanda.com if it is any good to you. Else use any other you know.

On your second question, you do not have to apply for an HSMP again, you only need to apply for a dependent visa for your spouse.

Rgds
Dip

saima122
Newly Registered

Post by saima122 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:08 am

here u can see
Last edited by saima122 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jawedmaha
Newly Registered

Post by jawedmaha » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:33 am

In forex, logically speaking, we always go for a currency which charges a low interest

forex rates Pakistan