ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK immigration/Citizenship for my mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nvr
Newly Registered

UK immigration/Citizenship for my mother

Post by nvr » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:21 am

Hi experts,

I became UK citizen recently. I'm think to apply immigration visa to my mother as shes is alone in India what is the process and what documents do I need to produce?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
V

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 pm

It has now become extremely difficult to bring in dependent parents. Does your mother meet these conditions?
You can apply to join a settled person in the UK if:

You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking.
The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.
Your sponsor can show that he or she is able to provide adequate maintenance, accommodation and care for you without having to rely on public funds. Your sponsor will need to sign a sponsorship undertaking form to confirm that they will be responsible for your care without relying on public funds for a period of at least 5 years.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm

It has now become extremely difficult to bring in dependent parents. Does your mother meet these conditions?
You can apply to join a settled person in the UK if:

You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking.
The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.
Your sponsor can show that he or she is able to provide adequate maintenance, accommodation and care for you without having to rely on public funds. Your sponsor will need to sign a sponsorship undertaking form to confirm that they will be responsible for your care without relying on public funds for a period of at least 5 years.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm

It is very difficult to get a adult dep visa now (almost impossible). See Older dependent relatives (click) and consider the EEA route (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.