ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 English requirement - acceptable English qualifications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rj30337
Newly Registered

B1 English requirement - acceptable English qualifications

Post by rj30337 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi all -

Would like to hear any opinions on whether people think the qualification referenced at the below link is valid for a Citizenship application, to satisfy the minimum B1 language test requirement:

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

It is not on the list of "Secure English Language Tests" per this document on the UKBA website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

However, the requirements say that to satisfy the B1 English requirement you can take a test from the above list OR an OFQUAL-accredited ESOL test at minimum Entry Level 3 (equivalent to B1).

I checked the OFQUAL qualification number given on the Language school's website (1st link) against the Ofqual register - which shows it as an ESOL test, so it seems that this qualification is OK?

If you take a look please provide your comment on whether you think this is acceptable.

If you do not already have a degree or a previous English language qualification I think this is one of the easiest ways of satisfying the requirement, presuming it is valid.

Admin - I know I have already posted this. I re-posted as the thread I posted in didn't really allude to the content of what I was asking.

Thank you

ranchers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ranchers » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:45 pm

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

they give you a certificate from Trinity college london for B1 cert which i s arequirement of HO.. you are fine i believe. my wife has done the same and i think it will work.

You dont need to show anything else other than this certificate that you have passed an exam

rj30337
Newly Registered

Post by rj30337 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Sorry Ranchers missed your post.

When is your wife eligible to apply for BC? I would be very interested to know the outcome.

I also believe that, by the conditions I set out above, this exam is fine. But you understand my doubts, I do not always trust UKBA or whatever they are called now, to apply common sense.

HSMP_MBA_provision
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_MBA_provision » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:22 am

ranchers wrote:http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

they give you a certificate from Trinity college london for B1 cert which i s arequirement of HO.. you are fine i believe. my wife has done the same and i think it will work.

You dont need to show anything else other than this certificate that you have passed an exam
Few weeks ago I posted the exact question and asked about the same test as per this website.

This looks cheapest and easiest option. My only doubt which is still not clear is:

Home Office document mention all four skills i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing from Trinity College but the test on this website mention only Speaking and Listening.

I spoke with college and they claimed that this is acceptable by HO and HO list is not up-to-date. I am not sure if their claim is correct or not.

I am holding until this doubt is clarified. There are not many days left to 28th of Oct. so lets us if we get a new guidance from HO. Any comment on my doubt will be apperciated.

Cheers