ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long I can take for a fresh application .

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oneruhelone
Newly Registered

How long I can take for a fresh application .

Post by oneruhelone » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:17 am

Hi there ,
I am a tier 4 student in uk . on last 26 of june i have made an application to ukba for extension through online and then i have sent all documents through next day special delivery. They gave me an address when I finished the online application on the cover letter. the mistake was I have mistakenly sent it to UKBA durham office which used to be the address of tier 4 student through offline.

After 4 weeks later i have got a letter from ukba saying they did not received my passport and photographs and if i dont send the missing documents they will invalid my application after 19 of july . Then I have sent a letter explaining everything that i have sent everything to ukba durham address and told them relocate the file from ukba durham office to their branch.

Last 19 September I got a letter of invalid application. and i am gonna enclose the important part of the letter to make good idea situation .

UKBA letter ''''On 26 June 2013 you submitted an online application for leave to remain in the United
Kingdom as a Tier 4 Student. As stated in that application your application is not valid unless
and until you have undertaken all the required steps, which include providing the required
documents within the time specified by the Secretary of State. You have not provided the
required documents listed below:
Evidenceof funds - Fund confirmation letter
Evidence of identity -Passport/travel document
Evidence of funds -Bank statement
As you have not provided the required documents within the specified time your application
is rejected as invalid.
Arrangements will be made to refund any fee which you have made in connection with this
application.
If you still wish to make an application for leave to remain you will be required to make a new
application and pay the appropriate fee.
If you choose to make a new application please that any documents provided in support of
that application cover the dates relevant to the new application, not this rejected application.
If you have current leave you should make any new application before that leave expires, as
if your leave expires before you make that application it may affect your appeal rights if your
application is refused.
Once you have submitted a valid application, it will be considered in accordance with the law,
Immigration Rules and/ or published policies applicable at that time.''''

My visa is expired while passport was in UkBA .

Please help me out here. my life is at end. :roll: :roll:

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:51 am

If your leave has expired, then you have 28 days (245ZX(m)) from when your application was declared as invalid. Note that overstayers cannot rely on established presence, etc.

So, be careful.
Last edited by vinny on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:55 am

Most probably you have 28 days to make similar fresh application since the date you were serve the notice of application invalidity. You must personally contact the Durham office, explaining the mistake for getting back your documents.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mahfujul420
Newly Registered

Post by mahfujul420 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi Oneruhelone, did you receive your biometric invitation letter before getting the UKBA letter with regards to your documents? I have also submitted my application on 26th June 2013 and also sent my documents to Durham address. I received biometric letter in July and waiting for the outcome. Not sure whether I would also get the same type of letter from UKBA.

oneruhelone
Newly Registered

Post by oneruhelone » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 am

no I have not got any bio metrics from ukba ...

oneruhelone
Newly Registered

Post by oneruhelone » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:07 am

my main problem is my IELTS result gone expire. one more thing to know is, if I wanna review this matter in judicial court for justice when I must apply for that . i mean to say is there any time frame like i must review this case in between any time .