ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Certifying Maintenance and Dependant applying later

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a87m
- thin ice -

Employer Certifying Maintenance and Dependant applying later

Post by a87m » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa from inside UK and my employer is willing to certify maintenance for me.

Do this means one or both form the following?

I don’t have to provide Bank statements as proof of funds

And

I don’t have to pay for my Visa Application fees as my employer will pay instead?

2nd question is that my partner has PSW Dependant visa till March 2014, can she apply for Tier 2 Dependant Visa later next year without the main applicant if I apply for Tier 2 General visa now?

Thanks

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:17 am

Hi

I am applying for tier 2 general visa I have asked my employer to certify maintenance for me and they have no issues with it,, as they dont know much about the process, for sake of my own understanding I want to know - will they also have to pay the visa application fees for me as well???

And can my wife apply later next year when her tier 1 dependant visa expires for Tier 2 general dependant visa?

Thanks

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 am

Any feedback will be appreciated. I hope the moderators and Guru's will respond to my question.

Thanks in advance. :wink:

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:38 pm

This depends upon your sponsor.

Normally, an employer who's sponsoring you should pay the visa fees for you and your spouse (My employer, for example, paid for the visa fees for both of us).

Having said that, I'm not sure if its a legally binding or a compliance requirement for the Employer to foot the cost of visa. I'm not an expert on this but the most simplistic approach would be to ask you employer/sponsor to pay for it.