ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single or joint tax credit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Single or joint tax credit

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 am

Hi
Can someone advice me if I can claim joint tax credits, my wife wont move to Ireland and will remain in the UK.
I have checked the form12a, in Civil status section of the form they ask for Spouce PPS number and Country of residence. Getting a PPS number will be ok but what should I put down in country of residence? If we put down UK are they going to reject the joint tax credit claim and only consider me for a single tax credit?

Thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:43 pm

I think you will get joint tax credit, but I am not sure. Let us know if you get it and if you don't get it tell us the reason for the refusal. It may depend on the nationality of both spouses (on if you are EU or non_EU), so I would like to know the reason if it is refused.

You need to be honest about the country of residence. If it is refused then your wife could re-consider and perhaps move to Ireland.

You will need the marriage cert, as it is only for married couples. You know that you can get this backdated for four years, if you are married that long and working in Ireland for that period of time?

You will need details of her income from the UK, if any (both from employment and from social welfare).

I presume you know that if you have children you can get child benefit at the higher Irish rate of payment?
BL

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:52 am

Brigid from Ireland - You being very helpful to all the members of this forum.

We both are EU nationals.
She will stay with me in Ireland during school holiday period. I will put down UK in country of residence column.
She does not work in the UK and her only income is child benfit.
Yes I am aware of higher Irish Child benfit rate.
We will see how it goes, I am moving to Ireland so that I can use surinder singh route for my mom.

Thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Best of luck with it and hope your mum is successful with surinder singh route.
BL

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Best of luck with it and hope your mum is successful with surinder singh route.
Thanks.
Well the first hurdle is to get the RC in Ireland and before that find an apartment in Dublin.