ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application - Current Processing Times

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fingerscrossed123

Passport Application - Current Processing Times

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi Team,

I hope to start my passport application process shortly. I will be travelling soon so wonder whether I should apply now from my British passport or after when I am back from my trip (I can travel on my current passport with no problems but was worried about getting it returned in time from the passport people for when I need to start travelling).

I have been keeping an eye on the passport application timelines and it does seem to be that they're currently taking 2-3 weeks max (although they do warn of around 6 weeks)? If it is only taking 2-3 weeks at the moment, I might chance trying to get it done this month before I go travelling.

Please let me know what you think (and it there are any other upcoming delays/problems I should know about - am thinking of the poss mail strike!).

Thank you!