ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial Spouse VISA to FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ijamesf

Initial Spouse VISA to FLR (M)

Post by ijamesf » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi there,

Just a quick clarification.

I have some friends who are going through the process for their first FLR(M) after being given the 1st 33 months visa, pre July 2012.

They are obviously rounding up all the necessary info to show they still meet the requirements, but they also mentioned that they heard UKBA will look closer into the financial side of things.

What i mean is will they look to see if the sponsor is paying more tax to cover the contributions that the foreign spouse is not paying because they are not working? I assume it can only be national insurance contributions if it is correct.

However i thought the whole idea of meeting the financial requirement in the first place would be to satisfy UKBA, and now HM Revenue too?

Im not 100% on the legitimacy of this claim, however your thoughts are always welcome!

I'll too be going through this process in 2016 with my wife.