ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sweetypie

Re: help please!

Post by Sweetypie » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:04 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:Hi everyone can anyone please tell me if home office contact the dwp, inland revenue and council this is because my partner received child tax credit as a single person and when i moved in we declared to council and so on but we never thought to say anything about the child tax as my partner thought it makes no difference but we just found out that we need to have told them when i need a letter to send to home office to proof 2 years residence at the address because they asked for more documents even though it doesn't change the amount of child tax my kids get and now they said we have to pay the money back because we didn't tell them that i am living there and i have checked they pay the same amount for couples or single and also i have contacted council to send an old council tax bill and the guy first said the system won't allow because there was adjustment on my partner's benefit but in the end he went and said he has been able to do it but there will be some sort of outstanding on the bill but we should ignore it as this is just the system, but am kind of worry this might affect my application, i just want to know if anybody had experience similar to this please i will be glad to hear from you
From most people who have posted around the forum, these individuals tend to perform checks and pay off whatever they owe before applications are made cos you really don't wanna leave anything to chance. A lady on here was denied just because she was owing the NHS after she gave birth. The secret is to not have anything outstanding cos they really do check before granting visas or extension. God is on your side. In the mean time have a look at this document from page 28 it might help on what checks are being made and how it could help or affect you

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Goodluck!!!
Thanks, Thats very helpful to know...
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Waiting

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Hadassah wrote:Hello every1, i am so glad I found this forum. Reading thru all d posts here for some weeks have so far given me courage to continue holding on. Thanks to every1 on here and a big AMEN to all the prayers said here. Please I ll really like to know if anybody has got an idea on how long it takes the HO to make a decision after they have written to ask for more documents giving deadline to the day they must get it. I will be grateful to read a reply on this soon pls. Thanks!
Hi hun! Welcome to the forum!! Well i dont think anybody can say exactly how long it takes after you sent the additional docs, but usually it takes somewhere around 3-4 weeks to get the answer. Is it a fresh application?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:07 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:GoodMorning family and happy new month to you (Our month of divine expectation). Congratulations to those that have been granted and to those of us in waiting May the good lord restore to us our faith to hold on.

Father this is our season to harvest all the pain, tears, prayers, fasts that we have sown pls bless us accordingly and bless us with your promises in our lives. Just as Joshua commanded the sun to stand still to deal with the enemies of Israel, May the good lord stand the sun still to fight for our promises and march us into the promise land (the United Kingdom). To those that have been refused, just as The Lord paved way parting the Red Sea, The Lord will part every Red Sea and make way for us to reach our land of expectations. To those of us living from hand to mouth, may the good lord who turned water to wine, 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes into excess and leftovers remained, may he supply our needs excessively so there might enough for the rainy day. As we gather under the umbrella under this forum for safety and comfort, may The Lord send it to us all and to the poor innocent children caught up in this, may the good lord give them strength and the spirit of understanding.

The home office promised us, ground zero applicants (first time applicants) October 21 (end of summer) with 20 days to go, I pray the tears from now till then will be tears of joy. Most importantly may all our applications pass through the hands and hearts of the caseworkers who would carefully look into this application to favour us rather than rush it and to those renewing, a safe passage has been laid out for a straight application. VICTORY IS OURS COS HELP IS ON THE WAY!!!

Hi Verbina (Scorpio "G") how are you and hope you are holding up nicely down that end?, yummymummy3j how are the family and thank you for your prayers, it is what keeps us sane, Believe2013, thank you for your advice, SDP, Keisha, summer2013, call me dude, God's Authority, Shondra Sharma, SDP, GodGives and others that I forgot pls do forgive me. May the good lord strengthen our faith in times like this and may we rejoice very soon AMEN.
No babe :( no good news for me . Still though we better all tighten up our super hero belts and hope we only got about a month of waiting to go! So jel of them fancy little smilies of yours!! Too cute! =)
Sigh!!! Wow that's a long wait of a senior worker to respond to a letter 😠. Any odds for submitting a fresh application and put it in c/o the said caseworker with all the relevant supporting document with that at least it might help speed up consideration. Just my thought really 🙈😼 (thanks to idiot-phone for the smilies lol).

@GodGives sorry to ask but did you submit a fresh app or a follow up (appeal) from previous application?

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:10 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:Hi everyone can anyone please tell me if home office contact the dwp, inland revenue and council this is because my partner received child tax credit as a single person and when i moved in we declared to council and so on but we never thought to say anything about the child tax as my partner thought it makes no difference but we just found out that we need to have told them when i need a letter to send to home office to proof 2 years residence at the address because they asked for more documents even though it doesn't change the amount of child tax my kids get and now they said we have to pay the money back because we didn't tell them that i am living there and i have checked they pay the same amount for couples or single and also i have contacted council to send an old council tax bill and the guy first said the system won't allow because there was adjustment on my partner's benefit but in the end he went and said he has been able to do it but there will be some sort of outstanding on the bill but we should ignore it as this is just the system, but am kind of worry this might affect my application, i just want to know if anybody had experience similar to this please i will be glad to hear from you
From most people who have posted around the forum, these individuals tend to perform checks and pay off whatever they owe before applications are made cos you really don't wanna leave anything to chance. A lady on here was denied just because she was owing the NHS after she gave birth. The secret is to not have anything outstanding cos they really do check before granting visas or extension. God is on your side. In the mean time have a look at this document from page 28 it might help on what checks are being made and how it could help or affect you

Goodluck!!!
thank you dapsonlee it is not that i had outstanding bill it's just that they said we need pay them back and i ahd already sent the application before discovering this and also with the council tax we don't owe them but they said top get the old bill the system will have to show there is outstanding as there has been an adjustment in the in our situation so am just going to keep praying to God as his greater than any human
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:17 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:GoodMorning family and happy new month to you (Our month of divine expectation). Congratulations to those that have been granted and to those of us in waiting May the good lord restore to us our faith to hold on.

Father this is our season to harvest all the pain, tears, prayers, fasts that we have sown pls bless us accordingly and bless us with your promises in our lives. Just as Joshua commanded the sun to stand still to deal with the enemies of Israel, May the good lord stand the sun still to fight for our promises and march us into the promise land (the United Kingdom). To those that have been refused, just as The Lord paved way parting the Red Sea, The Lord will part every Red Sea and make way for us to reach our land of expectations. To those of us living from hand to mouth, may the good lord who turned water to wine, 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes into excess and leftovers remained, may he supply our needs excessively so there might enough for the rainy day. As we gather under the umbrella under this forum for safety and comfort, may The Lord send it to us all and to the poor innocent children caught up in this, may the good lord give them strength and the spirit of understanding.

The home office promised us, ground zero applicants (first time applicants) October 21 (end of summer) with 20 days to go, I pray the tears from now till then will be tears of joy. Most importantly may all our applications pass through the hands and hearts of the caseworkers who would carefully look into this application to favour us rather than rush it and to those renewing, a safe passage has been laid out for a straight application. VICTORY IS OURS COS HELP IS ON THE WAY!!!

Hi Verbina (Scorpio "G") how are you and hope you are holding up nicely down that end?, yummymummy3j how are the family and thank you for your prayers, it is what keeps us sane, Believe2013, thank you for your advice, SDP, Keisha, summer2013, call me dude, God's Authority, Shondra Sharma, SDP, GodGives and others that I forgot pls do forgive me. May the good lord strengthen our faith in times like this and may we rejoice very soon AMEN.
No babe :( no good news for me . Still though we better all tighten up our super hero belts and hope we only got about a month of waiting to go! So jel of them fancy little smilies of yours!! Too cute! =)
Sigh!!! Wow that's a long wait of a senior worker to respond to a letter 😠. Any odds for submitting a fresh application and put it in c/o the said caseworker with all the relevant supporting document with that at least it might help speed up consideration. Just my thought really 🙈😼 (thanks to idiot-phone for the smilies lol).

@GodGives sorry to ask but did you submit a fresh app or a follow up (appeal) from previous application?
Yeah its long i know, but i asked my solicitor to confirm their fee for a fresh Article8 application and its £1100 +£578 home office fee :( , for some reason i thought it was about £800 all together .
So i really cant afford the new application now. Ill wait for another month and if nothing changes ill have to submit the fresh app on my own, without solicitor involved. *sigh* just to save money :((

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:23 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

Yeah its long i know, but i asked my solicitor to confirm their fee for a fresh Article8 application and its £1100 +£578 home office fee :( , for some reason i thought it was about £800 all together .
So i really cant afford the new application now. Ill wait for another month and if nothing changes ill have to submit the fresh app on my own, without solicitor involved. *sigh* just to save money :((

Hi everyone, happy new month, has anyone here attended a hearing based on the financial requirement, please share your experience about the hearing and outcome .

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 pm

A Very big Amen to Ur prayers dapsonle.thanks for your prayers n for remembering me as well.may d lord meet u at the point of your needs....
It is well

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:52 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:57 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

Good call. I am sure with vast range of experiences on here you should be ok on what documents you need to send in. You have families all over here on this thread so I believe you will be "more than" ok. 💃

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:02 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Goodluck!!!
thank you dapsonlee it is not that i had outstanding bill it's just that they said we need pay them back and i ahd already sent the application before discovering this and also with the council tax we don't owe them but they said top get the old bill the system will have to show there is outstanding as there has been an adjustment in the in our situation so am just going to keep praying to God as his greater than any human
That's ok. I trust in The Lord for you that you will be more than ok. Most people with extensions get granted so sit back and relax, The Lord has won your battles for you. Start rejoicing. Amen. ☺️

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:08 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

Hi everyone, happy new month, has anyone here attended a hearing based on the financial requirement, please share your experience about the hearing and outcome .

Hi there, financial requirement based on what exactly, family with kids or without and i believe it solely has to do with the strength of the ciircumstances around the case I.e health, kids and so on. If it's just partners and finances, its pretty much a long fight to be honest.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:45 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Goodluck!!!
thank you dapsonlee it is not that i had outstanding bill it's just that they said we need pay them back and i had already sent the application before discovering this and also with the council tax we don't owe them but they said top get the old bill the system will have to show there is outstanding as there has been an adjustment in the in our situation so am just going to keep praying to God as his greater than any human
That's ok. I trust in The Lord for you that you will be more than ok. Most people with extensions get granted so sit back and relax, The Lord has won your battles for you. Start rejoicing. Amen. ☺️
@ it is a fresh application dapsonlee that is why am worried as am an over stayer and I personally don't claim anything but it seems things get too complicated when you move in with your partner all hell break loose if he or she is claiming any kind of benefit
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:45 pm

@Vebina please check your inbox

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:48 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Goodluck!!!
thank you dapsonlee it is not that i had outstanding bill it's just that they said we need pay them back and i had already sent the application before discovering this and also with the council tax we don't owe them but they said top get the old bill the system will have to show there is outstanding as there has been an adjustment in the in our situation so am just going to keep praying to God as his greater than any human
@ it is a fresh application dapsonlee that is why am worried as am an over stayer and I personally don't claim anything but it seems things get too complicated when you move in with your partner all hell break loose if he or she is claiming any kind of benefit
Oh I understand better now! You should be ok and should not affect your co-habitation. Since you made no claim whatsoever. Don't stress yourself too much I would say. You definitely should be alright.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:51 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Hi there, financial requirement based on what exactly, family with kids or without and i believe it solely has to do with the strength of the ciircumstances around the case I.e health, kids and so on. If it's just partners and finances, its pretty much a long fight to be honest.
Hi, yes it was financial requirement without kids, but we gave a few witnesses and proof of my importance here.

God's Authority

Thank you DapsonLee

Post by God's Authority » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Call me dude wrote:

A Very big Amen to Ur prayers dapsonle.thanks for your prayers n for remembering me as well.may d lord meet u at the point of your needs....

Thank you so much Dapsonlee, God bless you dear brother. God will remember you for good too.

Hello everyone else, I hope you enjoying the 'cool' weather?

Please take care of yourself and special shoutout to Verbina angel, take care and God bless you.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:20 pm

@Dapsonlee...*waves*..Hope all is well with you my brother.May God meet your heart's desires and grant you a stay in Jesus.Thanks for the prayer and a BIG AMEN...We shall prevail by God's grace!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:46 am

Morning everyone!! May today be the start of a 'raining visas period' !!!

*cyber hugs all around!!*

@Rina, I replied to your message darl.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:11 am

so this is my time line

application sent: 10/09/2013
acknowledgement letter:12/09/2013
biometric:13/09/13
done biometric: 18/09/13
brc: waiting

just asking how long it take to get BRC after biometric? any ideas

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:37 am

Thank you God's Authority, Keisha and others for your prayers and a heart felt amen too 🙏😊.

Welcome Kiss300, would you be kind enough if you are comfortable withit that is, to share the background of your application please. And is it a fresh or art you extending?

With the way home office is operating these days you might not have to wait too long for some it took 6 weeks and others it 14 months. Just brace your self cos the flight with the home office has no itenary! 😁

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 am

dapsonlee wrote:Thank you God's Authority, Keisha and others for your prayers and a heart felt amen too 🙏😊.

Welcome Kiss300, would you be kind enough if you are comfortable withit that is, to share the background of your application please. And is it a fresh or art you extending?

With the way home office is operating these days you might not have to wait too long for some it took 6 weeks and others it 14 months. Just brace your self cos the flight with the home office has no itenary! 😁
well, this is a fresh application. i actually finished my masters and i applied the zambrano cos of a british child but i was refused on the bases that he has a father who can take care of him. i was given an appeal so upon the waiting for the appeal i decided to apply for the FLRO cos the sectary of states states that i could apply the article 8 so i have done. that is my back ground

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 am

kiss300 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:Thank you God's Authority, Keisha and others for your prayers and a heart felt amen too 🙏😊.

well, this is a fresh application. i actually finished my masters and i applied the zambrano cos of a british child but i was refused on the bases that he has a father who can take care of him. i was given an appeal so upon the waiting for the appeal i decided to apply for the FLRO cos the sectary of states states that i could apply the article 8 so i have done. that is my back ground

Oh! That's nice, trying to kill two birds with a stone. (Smart move). Well this thread has seen a high number of ladies with British partners who have kids been granted and We pray you will soon be joining that cartegory too. Faith is work and we will rejoice with you soon.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:52 am

Hello Everyone.
I was off from forum couple of days for my personal affairs.
I have a friend who got refusal last week with one kids and wife with no right of appeal as usual the HO said. Also they mentioned that the time of application his child was not completed 7 years. His solicitors advised him not to send PAP/JR, as they could apply the issue that application was submit before completing 7 years. His Solicitors and another barrister saying to submit individual fresh application, i.e one for child and another for husband and wife. which will cost £1600/. (The application was made before 7 years due to his overstay and to avoid caught/arrest etc.) What do you think guys? Please share to help my friend.

Shareen24h

Appl.submit Dec 2012 ( 7 years)
Bio done Mar 2013

Decision Waiting

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:53 am

verbina wrote:Morning everyone!! May today be the start of a 'raining visas period' !!!

*cyber hugs all around!!*

@Rina, I replied to your message darl.
Amen verbs, Amen!!!

tei123

Post by tei123 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:42 pm

hello guys,I ve 2 more question regarding my out of country application,does my wife has to have extra money in her saving despite the fact that she qualifies for the 18,600 from her income?
And could u also pls advice me on forms and appendix i need to fill . Thanks