ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visitor visa for hsmp holder

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abc_hsmp
Newly Registered

US Visitor visa for hsmp holder

Post by abc_hsmp » Sat May 26, 2007 12:11 am

I was a student in UK for the last 4 years and have recently got my HSMP approved. I am working part time for a retail chain in london as a Sales Associate.But also looking for full time jobs now.
My elder brother is graduating from NYU next month and I wish to visit his graduation ceremony. What are the chances of me getting through the visitors visa. My concern is about my having hsmp but working part time. Will that be any problem in showing my ties to the country. Any advice or opinion is welcome...thanks

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:28 am

Have you got a rental agreement? By the way, I hope you already made an appointment with the embassy for the visa. I think you need to schedule one over a month in advance.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat May 26, 2007 12:42 pm

Your HSMP status is irrelevant for US immigration.
What is your nationality?
As for HSMP, theydon't care if you go and visit some place, after all you have a life. It is more about if you are gone long periods such as 3 months in one year or 6 months in 5 years.
As for part time, I guess they dont care about that either except that the implemented those new rules for points based on salary so you have to figure out would you meet the criteria for renewal

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:11 pm

SYH wrote:Your HSMP status is irrelevant for US immigration.
Actually, it is very relevant.
SYH wrote:What is your nationality?
Now, this is probably irrelevant.
SYH wrote:As for HSMP, theydon't care if you go and visit some place, after all you have a life. It is more about if you are gone long periods such as 3 months in one year or 6 months in 5 years.
As for part time, I guess they dont care about that either except that the implemented those new rules for points based on salary so you have to figure out would you meet the criteria for renewal
The OP did not ask about any of this, but rather about the chances of being granted a US tourist visa.

abc_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by abc_hsmp » Sun May 27, 2007 10:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am an Indian national. Been in UK as student for last 4 years and recently got hsmp. I haven't made any appointment with embassy now. Neither have I got any rental agreement. But I am trying to gather all documnets before I make nay appointment with the embassy. My company is ready to issue me letter that I am employed there and will get authorized holidays from work. Another issue was that, I still work part time and my salary is not much.Will that be a problem showing my ties to the country. But I can certainly show enough money in bank account. Please guide me what else can I do or prepare to convince them that i will be back.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Mon May 28, 2007 4:17 pm

It sounds like you probably have a good case for getting a visitor visa, but the problem is that it may be impossible for you to get an appointment with the US embassy before the end of June.

abc_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by abc_hsmp » Mon May 28, 2007 9:53 pm

Thanks for your reply Marco. I am worried as well about getting an early appointment.

gokulgb
Newly Registered

US tourist visa

Post by gokulgb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi there,

I was reading your post and I was wondering what happened ? Did u get the visa? Kindly advise

Cheers

abc_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by abc_hsmp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:59 pm

I haven't applied yet since I was waitng for my passport from Home office which I sent for FLR. But I think its a bit late now for me to apply for my brothers graduation in US.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Why not apply anyway? A tourist visa is valid for ten years, and it may take a while to obtain. That way the next time you need to fly to the US you will already have it.