ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Hearing Experience (FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Appeal Hearing Experience (FLR (M)

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:29 pm

I have been searching for a thread where people can share their experience on hearing experiences based on refusals on the financial threshold.

I was refused based on this and when i attended a hearing with my wife, the questions the home office asked were not what we expected e.g they asked questions like '' what we ate a week before' unfortunately, our answer did not match so the home office was saying to the judge that because of this our marriage is not real. Please share you experience on this if you have had such. Still awaiting a determination.

ShaheenZaid

Post by ShaheenZaid » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi,
My hubbys spouse application has been refused over finance too, our hearings in January.
I just wanted to ask, you say u attended the hearing with your wife?
Is she here with you?
And I don't see how it's relevant asking about what you ate when it's been refused over your finances. They should be asking you questions regarding that issue.
I hope you receive good news soon.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:46 pm

ShaheenZaid wrote:Hi,
My hubbys spouse application has been refused over finance too, our hearings in January.
Is she here with you?
And I don't see how it's relevant asking about what you ate when it's been refused over your finances. They should be asking you questions regarding that issue.
Yes my wife is here too, i was on a student visa so was applying for further leave to remain but my wife does not earn 18,600. We did attend the hearing together, and the home office representative decided not to mention the issue of finance, so her mission was to confuse us so as to try to convince the judge that our marriage is not real. If you have to attend a hearing be fully prepared for other questions that doesn't relate to finance. I will update as to my determination.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:46 pm

ShaheenZaid wrote:Hi,
Is she here with you?
Yes my wife is here too, i was on a student visa so was applying for further leave to remain but my wife does not earn 18,600. We did attend the hearing together, and the home office representative decided not to mention the issue of finance, so her mission was to confuse us so as to try to convince the judge that our marriage is not real. If you have to attend a hearing be fully prepared for other questions that doesn't relate to finance. I will update as to my determination.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Appeal Hearing Experience (FLR (M)

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:50 pm

icehouse256 wrote:I have been searching for a thread where people can share their experience on hearing experiences based on refusals on the financial threshold.

I was refused based on this and when i attended a hearing with my wife, the questions the home office asked were not what we expected e.g they asked questions like '' what we ate a week before' unfortunately, our answer did not match so the home office was saying to the judge that because of this our marriage is not real. Please share you experience on this if you have had such. Still awaiting a determination.
To be honest with you, HOPO (Home Office Presenting Officer) can ask you any question on hearing day! I applied for FLR-M (Unmarried) which was refused and I had my hearing a couple of weeks ago.

HOPO dropped most of the reason for the refusal on the hearing day and so we only had 1 reason left but he was asking why we decided to have a child (which is none of his business)... :shock: :shock: I was dumbfounded and told him what do you mean? LOL when judge called my partner in,he asked her same question and she was so angry she couldn't be bothered to answer him and judge had to apologize and ask my partner in a more polite manner!

Anyway..Appeal was successful so looking back at it, I don't really care.. 8)
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:I have been searching for a thread where people can share their experience on hearing experiences based on refusals on the financial threshold.

To be honest with you, HOPO (Home Office Presenting Officer) can ask you any question on hearing day! I applied for FLR-M (Unmarried) which was refused and I had my hearing a couple of weeks ago.

HOPO dropped most of the reason for the refusal on the hearing day and so we only had 1 reason left but he was asking why we decided to have a child (which is none of his business)... :shock: :shock: I was dumbfounded and told him what do you mean? LOL when judge called my partner in,he asked her same question and she was so angry she couldn't be bothered to answer him and judge had to apologize and ask my partner in a more polite manner!

Congratulations on your success, mine was heard on the 5th sept and still waiting on determination, how long did yours take before you got a determination ? She was also asking me who proposed first and where we were on her last birthday, its really annoying, and it just gets me worried because a few of the answers clashed when my wife was asked the same questions in return. I just pray that the judge considers all the statements and other reasonable facts placed before him.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:

Congratulations on your success, mine was heard on the 5th sept and still waiting on determination, how long did yours take before you got a determination ? She was also asking me who proposed first and where we were on her last birthday, its really annoying, and it just gets me worried because a few of the answers clashed when my wife was asked the same questions in return. I just pray that the judge considers all the statements and other reasonable facts placed before him.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:03 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:

Actually my hearing was a few days after yours and I receive the outcome 12 days later. I would think your should be with you soon..Before the end of the week latest I guess.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:

Actually my hearing was a few days after yours and I receive the outcome 12 days later. I would think your should be with you soon..Before the end of the week latest I guess.
Yes i suppose this week too. The judge actually mentioned at the hearing that he would take at least 28 days to get us a determination because he has a couple of other cases which he hasn't made a decision on. So 28 days should be complete this week.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:

Yes i suppose this week too. The judge actually mentioned at the hearing that he would take at least 28 days to get us a determination because he has a couple of other cases which he hasn't made a decision on. So 28 days should be complete this week.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:44 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:

Hope the outcome was good? :wink:

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:

Hope the outcome was good? :wink:
Amen. Still waiting :?:

memo123
Newly Registered

Post by memo123 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:38 am

Hi

My father sponsared me and my family. My other family members got visa but mine was rejected with the right of appeal..my appeal was heard at london in 16 August..It was any oral hearing .but we didnt raceive any response yet.. it has now been over almost 9 weeks and no information.....we all r so worried .we didnt know how many weeks they take for decision and the thing which worries me the most that is it the normal waiting process ?? if any one knows plz reply my question.

Thnx

susoroh
Newly Registered

Post by susoroh » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:22 am

My appeal hearing was yesterday 29th October, 2013. It has to me one of the most anxious experiences of my life. I wanted to shear my experience with you.
My partner and I went to the appeal court at about 8.30am, we quickly found out that the court was open at 9.00am, we decided to travel early because we lived in Leeds and the hearing was in Stoke-on-Trent .
On arrival it was like going through airport security. My hearing was scheduled for 10am with 2 other people at the same time. But I was the super early and guess what? The barrister representing my appeal was 1.45min late!! NOT COOL at ALL
Ok, finally the barrister turns up and then we had a 30min talk about what he was arguing about.
The time has come, am nervous, unease and anxious, I walking into the hearing room, 4 people in the room. The Judge, UKBA representative, my barrister and me.
The Judge asked me to state my name
My defence was on article 8 right to a family life. My lawyer asked me questions about my relationship, easy questions. Questions to affirm my relationships with my partner. Most importantly was the difficulty of separation would have on your relationship. Also my barrister asked if we had now leaved for 2 yr. I said 2yr 3months
The UKBA representative asked me why I applied for an unmarried partner visa if I haven’t lived together for two yrs,
I say I thought that I had to show that I was in a relationship for 2 yrs, that it was my interpretation of the rules and that I only missed it by 4 months.
The UKBA representative asked me why I didn’t apply again after we lived together for 2 yrs. guess what UKBA just gave me ammunition.
I say, that all my documentation was withheld from me, that my passport, driving license and university certificate. That my life was at a stand still
Now the Judge asked her if that was true the UKBA representative said YES.
Now I sat at the back I was told by the Judge not to speak as my Partner was called in as witness
My barrister asked her questions about our relationship, easy answers. The UKBA representative said I have no question to ask.
Total time spent in the hearing room so far 20min
Finally the UKBA representative said that she upholds her decision to refuse my visa but withdraw the removal clause (DEPORTATION ) . That she is not arguing that our relation is not true and real but we leave together for 20 month at the decision was made.
My Defence, MY barristers says, article 8 right to a family life, and he use a lot of case laws to back up my appeal.
1. am not a threat to public safety, not a criminal
2. am not economically a disadvantage to UK
3. We now leave together for more than 2yrs
I feel positive about the hearing, the judge say the outcome will be in 4wks.
MY advise make sure that u, ur partner and witness are all saying the same thing

susoroh
Newly Registered

Post by susoroh » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:25 am

Got good new got my appeal allowed under article 8 on the 12th Nov, 2013

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 pm

congratulation. mine was not successful. Plan to re-apply, my wife now meets requirement.
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''