ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry on visitor visa if spousal visa is denied

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Entry on visitor visa if spousal visa is denied

Post by michali » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 pm

I guess there is no way of definitely knowing but if a spousal visa were to be denied, is the entry officer likely to refuse entry on a pre-existing visit visa? I can imagine they might feel that, having been refused a spousal visa, we might try to sneak in on a visit visa and stay!

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Entry on visitor visa if spousal visa is denied

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:26 pm

michali wrote:I guess there is no way of definitely knowing but if a spousal visa were to be denied, is the entry officer likely to refuse entry on a pre-existing visit visa? I can imagine they might feel that, having been refused a spousal visa, we might try to sneak in on a visit visa and stay!
I don't think anyone can tell you the outcome but your assumptions are accurate! There is a 90% chance refusal stamp will raise red flags and the 'visitor' will be on the next flight back home.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:39 am

So they actually put a refusal stamp in the passport? I know it would be most likely in the system. So if we apply for a spousal visa and it is refused, it is unlikely we will be able to visit the UK again! Wow! Big decisions to make!