ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can application for Naturalisation be made before 28days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abmnerang

Can application for Naturalisation be made before 28days

Post by abmnerang » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi,

After searching the first few pages under British Citizenship forums, I could not find any topic related to this.

I have read BOOKLET AN and GUIDE AN, but could not find anywhere mentioning that applicant can send the application form for Naturalisation 28 days before the date when he/she meets one year after granting ILR.

could somebody please advise.

My case: I have received ILR on 11th Feb 2013, am I eligible to apply on 14th January 2014, i.e. 28 days before.

please advise.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Re: Can application for Naturalisation be made before 28days

Post by zubbshah » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:39 pm

hello,

there is rule which states , u have to be on ILR for 12 months, there isnt a 28 day rule for naturalisation.

During the last 12 months of the six-year period your stay in the United Kingdom you must have held permanent residence/ indefinite leave to remain (ILR); and

check this link :-
http://www.workpermit.com/uk/naturalisation.htm

so i reckon u have to wait to finish 12 months on ilr and then you certainly can apply.

abmnerang wrote:Hi,

After searching the first few pages under British Citizenship forums, I could not find any topic related to this.

I have read BOOKLET AN and GUIDE AN, but could not find anywhere mentioning that applicant can send the application form for Naturalisation 28 days before the date when he/she meets one year after granting ILR.

My case: I have received ILR on 11th Feb 2013, am I eligible to apply on 14th January 2014, i.e. 28 days before.

please advise.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

feliteodor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by feliteodor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Hope someone can shed some light on this one, i am an EEA citizen, on 28.10.2013 will have 6 years of continuous employment, i really could do with knowing that i can apply even a few days before, just so that i don't get caught with the new language requirements(passed my life in UK test btw)...
Anyone able to help, would be grateful.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Can application for Naturalisation be made before 28days

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 pm

abmnerang wrote:Hi,

please advise.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Not finding it might have been a good indication - there is no such rule. It exists for visas (mainly to enable you to apply while the visa is still valid and not on the last day). It doesn't exist for naturalisation.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 pm

feliteodor wrote:Hope someone can shed some light on this one, i am an EEA citizen, on 28.10.2013 will have 6 years of continuous employment, i really could do with knowing that i can apply even a few days before, just so that i don't get caught with the new language requirements(passed my life in UK test btw)...
Anyone able to help, would be grateful.
Did you start working on the 28/10/2007? When did you arrive to the UK? For the first 3 months of residence, you are not required to exercise treaty rights and it still counts for your years for PR.

feliteodor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by feliteodor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi, Jambo. My case is: came in UK in 2006 with an au-pair visa, in 2007 June got my Blue Registration Certificate(Romanians and Bulgarians have restrictions on employment in uk, this certificate is to allow me to work without any restrictions).Continued to work for that family until October 2007, since then been employed,have p60's and payslips.My first payslip is dated 28.10.2007, is a weekly one, so that means i started work on 21.10.2007.Before that i was still working as an au-pair. Any thoughts on this? i personally think it's a tricky one...
I have an appointment with NCS on 16.10, if UKBA receives my application on 17.10, that would literally mean 4 days before an EXACT 6 years...
Let's see...any ideas people?