ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Naturalisation Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ziggy10
Newly Registered

New Naturalisation Form

Post by ziggy10 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:51 pm

I just found out that HO have published a new Naturalization form (Form AN) on their website. I noticed that there isn't any significant change between the old and new form.

Please see new form via this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf

I am due to submit my application tomorrow, as i am eligible to apply for citizenship from 02/10/2013.

I have filled the form and my 2 referees have completed and signed the relevant sections of the form.

My question is whether HO will reject the old form?

Senior members and Gurus, your advice will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:35 pm

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi Jambo,

Good job with the advice you are giving. I was also querying about the same thing regarding the new form coz am submitting my application on 10/10/13 but I have already filled the December 2012 form. Does it mean that we should not worry about completing the new form as advised in your previous post?

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:52 pm

with all the respect, I am afraid there is nothing on official website says you can use old form. This is the current form, use.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 pm

desertlord wrote:with all the respect, I am afraid there is nothing on official website says you can use old form. This is the current form, use.
I didn't say don't use new one but if you use an old one, it will not affect your application.

As for support to my statement see

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 pm

The New form actually has criminality changes which, I complained about regarding cautions, warnings and reprimands which are significant.

Just put section 5 - referees from the old completed form into the new form as section 5 has not been changed.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm

same here.. I completed the form already and My referees already filled it up. not sure if need to go through it again :oops:

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 pm

nionlight wrote:same here.. I completed the form already and My referees already filled it up. not sure if need to go through it again :oops:
I have searched the UKBA website and found no information or instructions about new forms. It's very strange :?